PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other *Plop* new poster info dump

mantia
2015-06-18, 05:32 PM
So i made things and put them up in dandwiki.com but there isn't alot of traffic there and im not getting enough feedback. I figured if i put them up in other places i might get some useful criticism and such. However i'm lazy and do not wish to reformat the pages or maintain it in more than one place sooooo

*info dump*

Sorcerous Scholar (3.5e Class) (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Sorcerous_Scholar_(3.5e_Class))
Beast Monk (3.5e Class) (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Beast_Monk_(3.5e_Class))
Wisplings (3.5e Race) (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Wisplings_(3.5e_Race))
Mateu, The Elemental Creator (3.5e Deity) (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mateu,_The_Elemental_Creator_(3.5e_Deity))

Alright since it's a thing imma try to figure out the formatting here.

qazzquimby
2015-06-18, 05:37 PM
You may get more attention if you capitalize words correctly. Also, people are rarely very responsive to links, and the dnd wikis have a pretty bad reputation as being laden with trash.

mantia
2015-06-19, 01:46 PM
You may get more attention if you capitalize words correctly. Also, people are rarely very responsive to links, and the dnd wikis have a pretty bad reputation as being laden with trash.

You're right with the caps. I'm too used to the auto caps in Word. However, I'm looking for constructive criticism here not "dnd wikis have a pretty bad reputation as being laden with trash.". If you were to say my ideas are trash and give examples why, I wouldn't even be mad. But, just blowing it off because you don't want to hit links or because of where it was originally posted is rude.

Jormengand
2015-06-19, 01:52 PM
You're right with the caps. I'm too used to the auto caps in Word. However, I'm looking for constructive criticism here not "dnd wikis have a pretty bad reputation as being laden with trash.". If you were to say my ideas are trash and give examples why, I wouldn't even be mad. But, just blowing it off because you don't want to hit links or because of where it was originally posted is rude.

He was simply saying that most people would be more likely to give you critique if you posted it here. He's not "Blowing it off" but telling you why no-one's actually looked over it yet or likely to do so. Though, if you give me a moment, I'll look through it.

qazzquimby
2015-06-19, 02:33 PM
But, just blowing it off because you don't want to hit links or because of where it was originally posted is rude.
I wasn't intending to be rude, I was trying to help you get more eyes on your stuff. Being given links makes it seem more like being given work to do (rather than being shown some cool homebrew to view), and the source's relevance is just because it might lower standards.

I like the flux points resource. For incorporeality you should maybe clear of ambiguity with costs per minute and round (some DM might think it costs both).

Made of magic replaces the normal effect with healing/damage equal to spell level, or adds that on? What if you would be healed more than spell level? Also it should probably say negative energy deals an equal amount of damage to the Wispling, since the wording is currently ambiguous. Gaining temp hp should specify that you're gaining the excess health as temp hp.

mantia
2015-06-19, 04:46 PM
I like the flux points resource. For incorporeality you should maybe clear of ambiguity with costs per minute and round (some DM might think it costs both).

Made of magic replaces the normal effect with healing/damage equal to spell level, or adds that on? What if you would be healed more than spell level? Also it should probably say negative energy deals an equal amount of damage to the Wispling, since the wording is currently ambiguous. Gaining temp hp should specify that you're gaining the excess health as temp hp.

The healing and damage is additive (threw in some wording to make that a little clearer). Changed wording on the temp health to specify amount. Specified that the cost per round was just a reminder that a minute is 10 rounds not an additional cost.

This is why i ask others cause in my head it all made sense even though it was worded vague.

I'm getting off my lazy a$$ and putting these up individually keep your eyes open if you want to see them here.