PDA

View Full Version : Recruitment Coup

Legato Endless
2015-06-18, 08:30 PM
"I’ve seen coups from Angola to Zanzibar, and this is how it ends: in the trunk of a taxi to the airport, your belly full of diamonds and vodka, praying your driver doesn’t rat you out to the Reds at the last checkpoint because then the last thing you'll ever hear, besides a pistol cocking behind your head, is Ivan's laugh."
-Malory Archer, Archer

Greetings.

Coup is a game wits and gambling, crafted by the same people responsible for the Resistance and Avalon. You play one of the scheming heads of a noble family in deadly decadent high society. Your goal is to eliminate your rivals, destroy their power, and gain total dominion throughly the civilized means of manipulation, deception, bribery, and a polite assassination or three.

Rules Overview

The Rules via Board Game Geek (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/131357/coup#description)

Reference material and how this plays in the Forum:

There will be a deck composed of 3 identical copies of each of the following cards: Ambassador, Assassin, Captain, Contessa, Duke. Each player at the start of the game will receive 2 face-down cards (Influence) and 2 coins.

The players may take 1 action each turn, from the following list:
• Income: gain 1 coin.
• Foreign Aid: gain 2 coins. May be blocked by another player's Duke.
• Coup: pay 7 coins and cause another player to lose 1 Influence (that player must flip a card he or she owns face-up). This action must be taken if a player has 10 or more coins at the beginning of his or her turn.
• Duke: gain 3 coins. May also be used to block another player's Foreign Aid.
• Captain: take 2 coins from another player. May be blocked by a Captain or Ambassador.
• Ambassador: draw 2 cards from the deck and exchange any with your face-down cards, returning 2 cards to the deck. May also be used to block a Captain action targeting you.
• Assassin: pay 3 coins and cause another player to lose 1 Influence. May be blocked by Contessa.
• Contessa: block an Assassin action targeting you.

Mechanics
At the start of the game (or whenever your cards change), I will pm you your cards.

When it is your turn, you may take an action by posting in the thread, in bold, your desired action and target. For instance, you may write Foreign Aid or Assassin Legato. All game actions must be bolded to be considered official.

Upon declaration of an action, other players will have the opportunity to first declare whether they are challenging the action by using the commands challenge (with the card being challenged, if necessary to avoid ambiguity) / no challenge. The first challenge (by post) will be the one that takes effect. I will otherwise need to hear that no one challenges before we continue. If a challenge is submitted, the challenged player may reveal the result of the challenge. I will also reveal on behalf of the challenged player unless specified otherwise.

After the challenge, the action will proceed to blocking claims. All applicable players may claim a role (in bold) to block or may use the order no block to decline to block. All players with the ability to block in a situation must submit either a block or no block order before we can proceed. Note that blocking claims may themselves be challenged.

If I do not hear from you by the end of the deadline of any such phase, your action will default to no challenge or no block as appropriate. The exception will be if the action directly affects you, in which case you will have a longer period of time to respond.

Deadlines will not be enforced over weekends (though I may keep the game moving if players continue to check in). I will process actions early in the case of an Assassin or Captain action targeting a player and the targeted player publicly bolds acceptance (no challenge nor block) of that action. When it is your turn, passing the deadline means that your action will default to Income (if allowed by the game state).

Note that as long as players can respond, we can move more quickly than the deadlines suggest. In the interest of time, I will also accept conditional orders for pretty much anything if you're going to be away. So you may send me a pm saying "I will not challenge any claims for the first turn. If someone Captains me, I will respond with a claim of Ambassador." Then I will process as appropriate on your behalf.

As a note on protocol: it is strongly advised that you do not edit your posts, as it may jeopardize your position if there is a dispute as to what your post originally said. Also, all communication should be "above table"; you may scheme and negotiate however you like, but there should be no communication between players regarding this game outside of this thread.

So no pms unless they're with me.

Sign ups are open for five players. As I've new to hosting, anyone with previous experience with the game would be preferential for this first iteration, but feel free to express interest regardless. It's appreciated. :smallsmile: I don't need everyone to know what they're doing, but a few would definitely help, especially if I make a mistake.

Game to Start on Monday the 22nd, or if and when we fill up to 5 players.

1. Ramsus
2. Silent Interim
3. Eloel
4. Penguin
5. Aspi

(players listed in accordance with turn order, rather than join date for clarity)

1. Tolomei
2. Logic
3. Xihirli

aspi
2015-06-19, 11:40 AM
This is nice and should be something I can fit into my time schedule, so I'd like to join. I wouldn't call myself an expert but I've played a few times.

Since I didn't see any mention of this, how long do you plan on making a phase / response period?

Eloel
2015-06-19, 11:46 AM
Hello, new game!

Ramsus
2015-06-19, 01:03 PM
I'll be in. I watched the game being played on Tabletop, does that count as experience? :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2015-06-19, 01:30 PM
I want in, but I have zero experience.

Legato Endless
2015-06-19, 02:57 PM
This is nice and should be something I can fit into my time schedule, so I'd like to join. I wouldn't call myself an expert but I've played a few times.

Since I didn't see any mention of this, how long do you plan on making a phase / response period?

Good question.

Ideally I'd like to be able to punch through one player's turn a day or two at most, so a player is alerted to their turn, and declares an action which is then challenged (or not). After all players weight in, or the first challenge, we can then proceed to blocking. Essentially I'm asking for a player to be able to check in once per day for their actions. If it goes faster, that's great. If you have an emergency and need time, that's okay too.

What I don't want is a player taking 4 days on average, which is kind of absurd for a game like this where's there's no hive mind to deal with like in Mafia. If people are feeling peppy, I could also break that down faster, but the absolute general minimum would be 12 hours.

So, player starts turn. Player has a day to decide, and then challenges and blocking are resolved within 24 hours of the end of that decision. We could also relegate the turns to starting at the same time, but again, I don't think it would to be that regulated.

Also note that cross talk is encouraged. You can feel free to interrogate or question someone's assertion before you challenge them, or for whatever paranoia gambit or such you want to run.

Logic
2015-06-19, 03:08 PM
Color me interested.

Tolomei
2015-06-19, 04:57 PM
Interested. Put me on the wait list if you're full?

I'm not very experienced at it or anything, but I've played an evening of Coup as well as some rounds with the faction expansion.

Xihirli
2015-06-19, 05:33 PM
I'm in! Should I make a character or are they assigned?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-20, 12:02 AM
Gah! I was too slow! Oh well. I'll live. Happy to go on the wait list behind the others already there. I have experience with the game if not mastery.

Logic
2015-06-20, 06:48 AM
Gah! I was too slow! Oh well. I'll live. Happy to go on the wait list behind the others already there. I have experience with the game if not mastery.

You can have my spot, narrator permitting. I am in a few too many games at once anyway.

Legato Endless
2015-06-20, 11:55 AM
You can have my spot, narrator permitting. I am in a few too many games at once anyway.

The narrator abides. You have been moved to the waiting list.

In accordance with my emphasis on experience, I'm shifting you into the first game if that's alright.

Interested. Put me on the wait list if you're full?

I'm not very experienced at it or anything, but I've played an evening of Coup as well as some rounds with the faction expansion.

No problem. You're in next game. :smallsmile:

I'm in! Should I make a character or are they assigned?

Feel free to create one. The only limitation is you're a noble family head, and you're motivated to destroy your peers. Other than that, go nuts. Although I'd prefer everyone be human personally, just to keep things a bit grounded.

Alright, cards sent.

I'll place a table for tracking coins and influence up when I'm off my mobile, but for now, everyone has zero 2 coins and two influence.

Ramsus, it is your turn. In acknowledgment of the weekend, you will have until Monday, 11:59pm CST to complete your first turn. Other players, feel free to be cross talk now.

Once Ramsus states his action, you may challenge (if applicable).

Ramsus
2015-06-20, 12:10 PM
I'll use my Duke to gain 3 coins. (Am I doing this right? Should I be roleplaying?)

Legato Endless
2015-06-20, 12:14 PM
You are indeed.

Roleplay is encouraged, but not obligatory.

Logic
2015-06-20, 12:32 PM
You are indeed.

Roleplay is encouraged, but not obligatory.

I almost wish I could roleplay, but I suspect I may have adverse effect on the other players here.

Legato Endless
2015-06-20, 12:44 PM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
???
???

Eloel
???
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

@Logic: Yes, unfortunately in a game like this, it would be difficult to have onlookers RP without risking possibly influencing the players decisions. You're in for next game though. Thank you again for your patience.

Ramsus
2015-06-20, 12:48 PM
((Ah ok then, well I'll add some roleplay for my last action then. And I guess partially determine the setting while I'm at it since you didn't provide one that I noticed.))

The Arciellaun sat upon it's mechanized crystal throne aboard the dreadnaught class capital ship Myth which lay cloaked in orbit around August Prime, awaiting the arrival of it's sister ship Legend. When it arrived, the Arciellaun gave the command and the two ships seized control of the system, swiftly obliterating it's defensive fleet with only having had to launch a fourth of their single and two-man starfighters. The end result was the swift acquisition of an efficiently operated agro-planet, a resource rich asteroid field, a gas giant that could be harvested for valuable gasses, and some fairly worthless planetoids that could perhaps be put to some purpose or another later. All in all a healthy profit for a day's work that came with a fairly decent view of the spider-eel nebula under the lighting of the blue and orange binary stars. And all "above board" with little risk of reprisal thanks to the system being far outside the reach of most of the stellar alliances and empires.

((I'll give more description for the Myth & Legend in future posts.))

Silent_Interim
2015-06-20, 01:56 PM
No challenge from this quarter. Will turns be going down the list on the first post?

Legato Endless
2015-06-20, 01:59 PM
Yes. Your turn is next. Aspi also no challenges, incidentally.

Eloel
2015-06-20, 04:10 PM
Not challenging. Do you expect everyone to go "no challenge", or do you expect people to challenge if they want to.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-20, 08:32 PM
I would say that it's a little bit easier on Legato if people do actively say not challenge, as it means no-one has to wait and see. It's better to post in advance with a no challenge than to leave everyone waiting, don't you think?

Penguinator
2015-06-20, 10:19 PM
The man sat behind the command deck of the spacecraft, issuing orders here and there as his eyes wandered over the area outside. He heard the doors open behind him, and a man rushed in, saluting quickly. "Permission to speak, Sir!"
The Captain nodded, waving a hand. "You have it. Proceed."
"We have received reports that the dreadnaught Myth has taken over several small planets, Sir! What are your orders?"
The Captain shook his head. "I won't challenge it. We have no need to sully our hands and make enemies this early on." Looking over the reports, he added, "Besides, the spider-eel nebula is nowhere near our home base. No point rushing out there now."

(No challenge. I hope I fit in with Ramsus' setting well enough)

Lex-Kat
2015-06-20, 10:52 PM
Interesting. I've played this against other Playgrounders at the Trogland meet-up last year. It can be very fun. :smallsmile:

Legato Endless
2015-06-20, 11:18 PM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
???
???

Eloel
???
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

Ramsus gains 3 coins.

It is now Silent Interim's turn.

@Eloel: I would prefer no challenge, as routine as that may be. It moves the game faster, we've already gotten one turn done in much less time, but if you don't challenge and time runs out, it's simply assumed you decline. If routinely stating this seems arduous, note that you can send me orders before hand.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-20, 11:45 PM
The Fat Man emerged from cryo stasis on the luxury cruise liner The Delighted as it approached Beta Centauri 5. The ship was fast, sleek, beautiful, and armed with more guns than its official purpose would normally suggest. It catered only to the extremely wealthy and on occasion the extremely famous and powerful. Very few guests knew who the owner was.
Several servants helped him to his hover chair- even in relatively low, artificial gravity, he found it helpful. He moved the chair through the hallways, servants handing him reports and contracts to sign off on, nothing important. The important stuff he received personally.
He entered a meeting room where his aide was already sitting, waiting for him. "Well?"
The aide stood. "Mister Hieronymous, sir. The beginnings of a conflict are brewing. A new major player is emerging. Calls itself the Arciellaun. Two battle cruisers named the Myth and Legend were deployed under its command to dominate a small system near the Spider-Eel Nebula, dominating the Rgoni system, which was ours, if not technically or legally. The Captain appears to be marshalling his forces for battle. And sleeper agents are reporting a possible additional pair of powers to emerge in coming days."
The Fat Man sat and thought for a moment. "Hmmm. We need to raise capital for the conflict. Contact Duke Devli. Tell him that production quotas are being over fulfilled and we should raise taxes. We'll split the income from it fifty fifty with him and take any fire he might come under. I assume that production quotas are, in fact, being over-fulfilled?"
Without missing a beat the aide made a note. "They are now, sir."
The Fat Man smiled. "Good."
Claiming Duke for tax of 3 coins. This game is really fun with RP elements, which you just don't seem to get around a table.

Ramsus
2015-06-21, 01:56 AM
((Not challenging, though two Dukes in a row is a bit suspect. I went so far as to flip a coin to see if I should challenge or not. Wonder what would happen if someone else flipped differently.

So to clarify, so far I'm using Star Wars style ship classes. Which means the two ships I mentioned were on the scale of star destroyers. Although the Legend is actually halfway between the size of a star destroyer and a super star destroyer and the Myth is slightly larger than a regular star destroyer. They're both also that general shape, though the Myth is longer and thinner and the Legend is proportionately wider in addition to being overall larger.))

Eloel
2015-06-21, 08:58 AM
Still not challenging.

I haven't thought up a character, so no rp from me for now, sorry.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-21, 12:25 PM
You're entitled to your suspicions, wrong or right as they may be. :smalltongue: Two duke claims isn't that uncommon. Three or more, and I would start to get suspicious. I have, however, seen games that literally had five duke claims in the first round. As it turns out, the first two, which went unchallenged, were bluffs. The fourth and fifth were not, much to one players chagrin. Duke is a really useful card to claim early on, as it not only brings in a lot of coins, but prevents foreign aid, which forces people to go with income (slow) or to claim duke (dangerous after two or more people already have).

Ramsus
2015-06-21, 12:40 PM
Ahhh, I see. Do we know how many of each card is in the deck? Or since we're doing it this way is there actually no limit?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-21, 12:45 PM
There are three of each for a fifteen card deck. I do not think the game would work with no limit. I would imagine that Legato has a hard copy deck to keep track of things.

EDITING RATHER THAN DOUBLE POST: If you yourself have a Duke, as you claim, then why would you find a second claim suspicious? I find that highly suspicious. If somebody, anybody, wants to claim Foreign Aid, not only will I not block you, but if Ramsus tries to block I will challenge his claim. Please note that I may revoke this if extenuating circumstances occur, such as ANOTHER Duke claim.

aspi
2015-06-21, 02:27 PM
In a room that could best be described as elegant in it's simplicity, sat an elder gentlemen behind an equally simple and functional desk. He wore a plain, dark blue uniform that showed no insignia of rank, his graying hair neatly combed back. With a somber expression, the man stared out the window, unmoving. As the door opened and an adjutant entered, he extended his hand in an an expectant gesture. When the subordinate handed him an antique looking but quite recently printed piece of paper, the mans eyes flicked over the report before he told the adjutant "Good. Thank you. Let them duke it out." Quietly, the adjutant slipped out the door, leaving his superior to his thoughts.

(scnr, no challenge)
(edit: edited to avoid color confusion with the fat man.)

Legato Endless
2015-06-21, 02:36 PM
There are 15 *character cards total. 3 of each character.

So there are currently 5 cards in the deck. As such, at least 4 of the character types must be in play.

The deck is reshuffled whenever a new card is drawn, either from an unsuccessful challenge, or the ambassador effect. A successful challenge reveals and eliminates a card from play, meaning it does not go back in the deck.

*The rules call the cards influence, and the deck the court, but for clarity I am substituting terms.

Legato Endless
2015-06-22, 09:39 AM
Update

Eloel's turn will begin on 12:00am Tuesday CST. Any challenges must be in before then.

Also note that I will be absent around July 2-6, so we'll resume within a day following that.
(although you are more than free to still rp and whatnot during my absence)

Penguinator
2015-06-22, 12:45 PM
"Good. Thank you. Let them duke it out."

(What you did there. I see it. :smallamused:)

No challenge. Was going to roleplay, but don't have time right now.

Eloel
2015-06-22, 12:49 PM
I'll just collect Income for 1 and pass it on. Can't challenge, can't block, so it's Penguinator's turn.

Legato Endless
2015-06-24, 09:44 AM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
???
???

Eloel
???
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

In the interests of keeping things flowing, I'm defaulting Penguin to income as it's been two days.

Aspi, it is now your turn.

aspi
2015-06-24, 02:11 PM
The blue flashing of a button on the surface of the desk was accompanied by a melodic buzzing. Both quickly dissipated as the gentleman in the plain uniform touched the button and a faded hologram of a bald, sweating man with pig's eyes appeared in the center of the desk, infrequently disrupted by static. The fat man's panting was audible, but only barely so over the noise that emanted from an otherwordly jungle in the background. "Duke Wembleton, how good of you to call". The gentleman's tone left no doubt that the call had not at all been optional. As a matter of fact, it had been expected a good deal earlier. The man that had been addressed as Duke wiped away a bead of sweat on his forehead with a finely embroidered hankerchief that seemed to be completely soaked in sweat already. "I apologize for the delay, the indigenous population proved to be... more difficult than anticipated." Wiping away another bead of sweat - or more precisely smearing it across his cheek - he added "It has been handled, the delivery is on it's way. If we could perhaps talk about the transfer we discussed?" The gentleman nodded "Of course, Duke, thank you. In due time we will." With another touch of the button, the hologram vanished as quickly as it had appeared.

(I will take tax - unless someone would like to object, of course)

Silent_Interim
2015-06-24, 03:07 PM
The Fat Man typed a message before sending it through a series of proxies to a wide range of recipients.
Duke Wembleton is a fine, fine man. His accomplishments and contributions to society are not to be derided, and I hold nothing but admiration for him. It would be extremely scandalous if anyone were to raise awareness of the fact that interference with low tech civilizations is extremely illegal. Not that I'm alleging that he is, but if someone were to imply such things, it might do some harm to his reputation. If anyone were to move me one way or the other I might be persuaded to prevent such implications from reaching the public eye... or to cause them.
-The Fat Man
(Hmmm. I am not going to declare challenge or no challenge for now. If anyone will make it worth my while, I will quite happily challenge this. A third duke claim is a bit suspicious. Especially when Ramsus is, by his own admission, inexperienced at this. Then again, aspi claims to have experience. I am not challenging, but I'm also not not challenging. I'm undeclared, there we go. If anyone has a good offer, I will challenge. If you, aspi, can make a good offer, I will not challenge. I will not say what I would do all other things being equal.)

Eloel
2015-06-24, 03:24 PM
I offer you gratitude if you challenge. I offer you condemnation if you don't.

Me? I'm not challenging.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-24, 03:27 PM
Condemnation? Why?

Also, way to make a guy feel like your gratitude is worth something. Put him in a lose-lose situation, sure to work. :smalltongue:

aspi
2015-06-24, 03:38 PM
(Oh, by all means, go ahead and challenge me. I'm not going to offer you something just to keep my duke.)

Ramsus
2015-06-24, 03:47 PM
((Since Legato never mentioned anything specifically regarding trading money, I wasn't sure if that was a thing we were doing/could do. Are you asking for some kind of bribe to challenge Aspi? If you are..... well it's a tempting offer. But you've already come out and threatened to challenge me for free, so I don't see why I should do something that benefits you and earns me Aspi's enmity. That said, I have the feeling he's bluffing. But I'm not going to challenge since I don't want to also offer my services and basically really annoy Aspi if he'd wind up having to bribe both of us not to challenge.))

Silent_Interim
2015-06-24, 04:10 PM
Ah well. Fair enough. I was hoping I could get somebody to bribe me to do it, but oh well.

Challenging aspi's claim. I'll RP differently depending on the outcome.

Eloel
2015-06-24, 05:50 PM
Iiiinteresting. Also, should we maybe replace Penguinator?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-24, 06:33 PM
There is a waiting list. I'm not very fussed. He hasn't posted here for a couple of days, though.

Penguinator
2015-06-24, 08:39 PM
I'm here and not challenging.

aspi
2015-06-25, 09:26 AM
The adjutant entered the library through the upper balcony, then proceeded to the gentleman who had taken seat in an antique armchair. "Sir, Duke Wembleton is on the intercom again. He is insisting on talking to you personally". The gentleman furrowed his brows "I take it the delivery has arrived as scheduled?" The younger man nodded and he continued "Then Duke has outlived his usefulness. Arrangements for his replacement have been made. I suggest you turn your attention to more pressing matters, Aidan." The adjutant bowed slightly "Very good, Sir. I am sure he will be delighted to stay with the natives permanently."

(I have to apologize, I wanted to reply sooner but my Internet connection wouldn't let me. It wasn't a bluff, I actually have a duke)

Legato Endless
2015-06-25, 11:11 AM
It is Ramsus' turn. Although you can choose to proceed or wait until after Silent Interim selects a card to flip over to decide your action.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 11:17 AM
Ah well. I will reveal my Duke. Life is best lived on the edge.

Eloel
2015-06-25, 03:01 PM
2 Dukes out, 1 to go. Ramsus, dare to call Duke again?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 03:21 PM
Well, no. One duke out. Aspi's one is in the deck, so to speak. I'm not challenging much of anything right now. I can't afford to, not realllly. If you weren't challenging a Duke claim from Ramsus before, you shouldn't be challenging it now. I was kind of expecting that one to be a bluff from Aspi, so I'm essentially screwed over now. :smalltongue:

aspi
2015-06-25, 03:21 PM
2 Dukes out, 1 to go
Just to clarify: only Silent_Interim's duke is out. Mine got shuffled back into the deck before I drew a new card, so it could either be in the deck waiting for someone to draw it again or it could even be back in my hand.

If you weren't challenging a Duke claim from Ramsus before, you shouldn't be challenging it now.
Well, it kinda depends. 3 dukes out in the first round isn't that likely (although it's not entirely unlikely either). But if you were sceptical about there being 3 dukes out, then Ramsus' claim is the only one that wasn't substantiated. So if one of us was lying about it, it's him. He just had the advantage of going first, which makes it unlikely for us to challenge him in a new game in the first round - a fact of which I believe he is fully aware. Since it's also unlikely that I drew a duke again, even if there were two in the deck, making sure that Ramsus does not have a duke would go a long way towards making foreign aid a viable option.

Penguinator
2015-06-25, 03:26 PM
The Captain watched the latest report flash across one of the screens, then sat back and chuckled to himself. "Looks like the Fat Man bit off more than he could chew."

Ramsus
2015-06-25, 03:30 PM
Just to clarify: only Silent_Interim's duke is out. Mine got shuffled back into the deck before I drew a new card, so it could either be in the deck waiting for someone to draw it again or it could even be back in my hand.

I'm confused. When/why did you draw a new card?

Legato Endless
2015-06-25, 03:36 PM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
Duke
???

Eloel
???
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

The Deck contains 5 cards.

If you're basing this off the Tabletop episode Eloel, they did indeed eliminate both cards when a challenge was issued, and the victor simply drew another card. I was confused too when I saw this.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 03:37 PM
A table sat on its side in the Fat Man's room. He stood briefly, surveying the table, before collapsing back into his chair. He didn't often have outbursts that moved him to such energy. It took a special kind of irritation.

"Damn Devli, damn him to hell! I trust that he's been taken care of?"

"Yes sir. Duke Wembledon has also been... taken care of, though not by us. His son still lives, and should have inherited Wembledon's position and powers. Whether or not the son is a free agent or is also under the thumb of our opponent remains to be seen."

The Fat Man cursed. "To think that he would sell us out..."

(Ramsus, to clarify, I challenged aspi's Duke claim, and aspi revealed a Duke. As such, I reveal one of my cards and it is permanently out of the game. Aspi, meanwhile, shuffles the Duke back into the deck and draws a new card to replace it, as I lost the challenge.)

aspi
2015-06-25, 03:38 PM
I'm confused. When/why did you draw a new card?
If I am accused incorrectly, I have to reveal the card in question to prove that I have it (in this case, the duke). Every time that happens, the card gets shuffled back into the deck and I draw a new one.

Ramsus
2015-06-25, 03:40 PM
*looks at Legato to confirm this is how it works how we're playing and not another Tabletop mixup/house rule that we're not using*

Edit: Also does Silent's Duke go back in the deck or is it just removed from the game?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 03:44 PM
MY duke is removed from the game. Aspi's duke is shuffled back in.

Legato Endless
2015-06-25, 03:53 PM
I'm going to give an example for clarity.

Logic and Legato are the last two remaining people playing.

Logic has a Captain and a Contessa.

Legato has an Assassin and a Duke.

The Deck contains:
Assassin
Contessa
Contessa
Assassin

Logic claims Captain, to steal two of my coins.

I challenge Logic.

He reveals the Captain.

I lose one of my cards, I choose to lose the Duke.

The Duke is eliminated, and removed from play. The Duke is gone, and can't be used.

Logic gains a new card to replace the one he lost, as he didn't lose the challenge.

The Captain I challenged goes back into the deck, and the deck is shuffled.

Logic then draws from the new Deck, which contains:

Assassin
Captain
Assassin
Contessa
Contessa.

Logic gets an assassin, but he could have simply redrew his own captain again.

Tabletop sort of misrepresented this by having players eliminate both cards in a challenge.

The problem is, if a card isn't reshuffled after a failed challenge, you could exhaust the deck in a larger game.

Which would then render effects like the Ambassador impossible to execute.

Feel free to ask any other questions, or for more clarification here. It's the first game, so this is expected and welcome.

Edit:

This is the official rules. I'm not sure if Wil Wheaton was using a house rule or just mistaken.

Aspi and Silent Interim are correct.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 04:07 PM
Wil Wheaton? Mistaken? BLASPHEMY!

...Ahem. Yeah, probably a house rule or something not that it matters. Good to have that sorted out.

Eloel
2015-06-25, 04:17 PM
Alright, let me rephrase it. There are 13 cards we haven't seen, only 1 of which is Duke. Which gives 2/13 chance of Duke to anyone who hasn't revealed a Duke yet. Maybe slightly adjusted for the choice of eliminating Duke and stuff, but that's pretty close.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 04:24 PM
12 cards. My duke is now on the table. There are two dukes among those twelve cards unless someone is holding one of them. And one of the dukes must be in the deck or aspi's hand. It's also possible that aspi hjad two dukes, or any number of other possibilities.

Ramsus
2015-06-25, 04:24 PM
((Ahhh ok cool.
I'll use my ambassador to draw because everyone has enough to pay for an assassin now.))

The Arciellaun sat silent as it listened to a report of the not so eventful goings on in the galaxy. Some high profile officials getting into a mess of trouble at the suspected behest of so and so. A half dozen insurrections put down within the span of the week. The cancellation of the best show of the year by some brainless corporate executives. Nothing particularly noteworthy all in all.

However there was one piece of intel worth noting. A stolen state of the art bio-mechanical ship crewed by a motley group of smugglers, failed freedom fighters, and fugitive scientists had recently come into a nearby sector. Unbeknownst to them, one of their enemies had set a trap for them. If shown the Arciellaun could offer them a measure of protection, they could become a valuable asset for relatively tiny sums of money and intelligence the Arciellaun would be gathering anyway. The Arciellaun decided to act upon this information, never one to pass up on a deniable asset. There was the additional benefit that they might make up in part for the recent loss in entertainment.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-25, 04:28 PM
Not challenging

Penguinator
2015-06-25, 05:07 PM
No challenge.

aspi
2015-06-25, 05:27 PM
I'll cave to peer pressure: no challenge :smalltongue:

Eloel
2015-06-25, 06:48 PM
I'll challenge that.

Ramsus
2015-06-25, 06:57 PM
lol ok, wasn't expecting that. I reveal my ambassador. So now I have to wonder, does this mean my ambassador is discarded and I draw only one card or do I still get to draw two and pick?

Eloel
2015-06-25, 07:14 PM
lol ok, wasn't expecting that. I reveal my ambassador. So now I have to wonder, does this mean my ambassador is discarded and I draw only one card or do I still get to draw two and pick?

-.- I don't like that.

You shuffle ambassador into deck, draw one. Shuffle again, draw 2 more, put 2 more away.

I'll reveal my ambassador.

Legato Endless
2015-06-25, 08:54 PM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
Duke
???

Eloel
Ambassador
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

The Deck contains 5 cards. (technically 3 until Ramsus messages me back his discards)

It is Silent Interim's turn.

Legato Endless
2015-06-25, 10:21 PM
This is the Archonic Dispatch of Xynok IV, interrupting your evening entertainment with a mandatory announcement.

A general cessation of all non mandatory labor will be held in two Solar cycles to honor the passing of his austerity Duke Devli. The Duke, a much noted presence in the galactic gambling circuit, died in a flash Pirate assault nobly defending his citizenry from the interloping brigands. The Duke gained recent controversy for his increased taxation, but the Corporate Congress has now judged such sentiments prescient in the wake of increasing turmoil along the disputed sectors. August Prime has already moved to pass increased security measures and allowed 12% of their budget to a burgeoning Space Fleet. The noble was the second hierarch to pass away recently, following the tragic passing of Duke Wembledon, who was incinerated in a freak industrial accident. Wembledon's son declined to comment.

Current infestation by Seditionist forces has increased an estimated 16% along the Galactic Medium, however general disposition of Hierarch forces within the disputed sectors has thus far contained the threat. What the military was doing there in the first place has not yet been revealed, but a leading Adjutant 'strongly denounced' any recent rumors surrounding the hijacking of one of their capital ships.

Ramsus
2015-06-25, 10:35 PM
Nicely done. *claps*

Penguinator
2015-06-25, 11:24 PM
The Captain listened to the report, lifting a mug. "Devli. I remember him." Taking a sip, he added, "Lousy poker player."
One of the younger officers stepped in, an arrogant fellow, saluted lightly, then started in before waiting to be acknowledged. "Sir, I've gotten a report that an unknown ship began firing on the dreadnaught Myth. There was a minor scuffle, and the Arciellaun dispatched it rather quickly."
The Captain raised his mug. "Interesting. Any information on the sender of this ship?"
"We don't know much; the fight was over in a matter of minutes. Our contact in the Spider-Eel Nebula only heard of it at all by chance."
"See if we can send another contact to the Spider-Eel Nebula. We're too far out to join in on the action, but it wouldn't hurt to have another set of ears in case things heat up."
"As you say." The officer bowed lightly, then headed out.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-26, 11:16 AM
The Fat Man sat and listened to the announcement. "Turn it off." The aide pressed a button and the announcement faded.

"Contact our allies in the Angola system. Tell them I'm cashing in on that loan."

The aide stopped. "...Are you sure that's wise, sir?

"No, but I'm doing it anyway."

Claiming Foreign Aid for 2, unless someone would like to block me.

Eloel
2015-06-26, 11:44 AM
No challenge.

aspi
2015-06-26, 12:57 PM
I'm not blocking

Ramsus
2015-06-26, 01:28 PM
Also not blocking

Penguinator
2015-06-26, 07:12 PM
No challenge.

Eloel
2015-06-26, 07:19 PM
Also claiming Foreign Aid, given that 4 no-blocks mean it's my turn.

Ramsus
2015-06-26, 07:54 PM
Not blocking

Penguinator
2015-06-26, 08:04 PM
Not challenging.

aspi
2015-06-27, 04:03 AM
Also not blocking

Silent_Interim
2015-06-27, 09:37 PM
Not blocking/challenging

Eloel
2015-06-28, 12:32 PM
That makes it Penguinator's turn. No new cards revealed, 5/7/5/3/5 resources.

Penguinator
2015-06-28, 07:36 PM
The Captain was annoyed. The young upstart officer had been badgering him for the better part of three hours, now. "I said no."
"Sir, I hate to contradict you, but you have to admit that a Coup is a very scary thing. With the recent deaths of noblemen and the forces attacking the Arciellaun, you realize that we could be next."
"No one would come after us; we're too far out into nowhere."
"With all due respect, Sir, you don't know that. The force that attacked the Arciellaun came out of nowhere. We still don't have an accurate reading on who or what that force is."
"We put another agent in the Spider-Eel Nebula. A reliable one. We'll hear back soon enough."
"Sir, 'soon enough' could be after we're all dead. I must ask you to reconsider my request."
"I..."
"The Fat Man has amassed a small fortune. In a matter of days, he could send his forces here, there, or anywhere. There is nothing that can protect us from such a force. I realize that you and the Fat Man were old poker buddies, but Sir..." he paused, wiping his forehead though there was no semblance of sweat on it, "these are troublesome times. You need to put that behind you and consider what the best move is for us."
The Captain pounded his fist on the table. "Fine!" He took a deep breath. "Fine. Contact... contact our sleeper agent in the Fat Man's court. Tell him... tell him to make it look like an accident." He shook his head. "Quickly. I don't want this on my conscience any longer than it has to be."
The Officer's eyes brightened. "Good choice, Sir." He bowed, then left the room.
The Captain looked up at the ceiling, breathing deeply. "Is this... the right choice?"

(Assassin Silent_Interim.)

Ramsus
2015-06-28, 08:19 PM
No challenge

Legato Endless
2015-06-28, 11:52 PM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
Duke
???

Eloel
Ambassador
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

Note- Money spent on an action is used up regardless of success or failure once It's declared. A blocked or challenged Assassin still uses up your credits.

Eloel
2015-06-29, 12:28 AM
No challenge

aspi
2015-06-29, 12:37 AM
No challenge

Silent_Interim
2015-06-29, 01:34 PM
Using a Contessa to block. I'll add RP after results are determined.

aspi
2015-06-29, 02:13 PM
Not challenging

Eloel
2015-06-29, 02:48 PM
Using a Contessa to block. I'll add RP after results are determined.

You can't use a contessa, you need to use your own :smalltongue:
Not challenging

Ramsus
2015-06-29, 03:09 PM
Not challenging, though from what I understand Silent basically had to either challenge the assassin or claim a contessa to block with in order to not immediately lose right?

Edit: Does Penguinator have to discard the assassin after use if it's not challenged or does it just stay in his "hand" until a situation forces him to actually reveal it? (Assuming he actually has one.)

Silent_Interim
2015-06-29, 03:23 PM
It stays in his hand. Only a challenge, coup, assassination or use of an ambassador would mean it leaves his hand.

Also, yes, I did. What does it tell you about my card that I chose to claim Contessa rather than challenge?

Eloel
2015-06-29, 03:58 PM
What does it tell you about my card that I chose to claim Contessa rather than challenge?
It tells that you believe the chance that anyone would challenge you is lower than the chance that he had an assassin. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would assume that means the card in your hand is not an Assassin, but I have a strong suspicion it's not Contessa either. I would have challenged if I still had 2 cards.

Ramsus
2015-06-29, 04:06 PM
I would have challenged but I don't see that Penguinator has any choice but to challenge.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-29, 04:30 PM
Well, let's run through the possibilities. I don't have a Duke- it's unlikely that I would have been holding both Dukes, since we know one must be in aspi's hand or the deck. Also, why would I have claimed Foreign Aid last turn if I had a Duke? I don't have an ambassador by similar logic- one is on the table and one is in Ramsus' hand or the deck, and I would have used it last turn rather than make myself such a target by bringing myself to 7. There's a higher chance that I have a Captain, but I would have used it anyway. There were still two people possibly holding Dukes at the time, nobody had claimed Captain yet, one ambassador was definitely out and the other probably was. Ambassador, again, one was on the table, and the other in the deck or Ramsus' hand. Assassin, surely I would have challenged just now or used it earlier rather than paint a target on my back bringing myself up to Coup levels of cash. I don't see why it's unreasonable to suppose that I have a Contessa.

Eloel
2015-06-29, 04:46 PM
I don't agree. You could not use any powers except maybe Ambassador last round, because you'd just expose yourself and would die. That doesn't say anything about your card.

Penguinator
2015-06-29, 09:47 PM
Challenge it.

Might as well live dangerously, right?

Silent_Interim
2015-06-30, 12:46 PM
A video message transmitted itself to The Captain. This time, it was a direct transmission. No need to protect his location via proxies. The Fat Man appeared in almost perfect clarity, glaring straight at the screen.

"You utter bastard."

A few moments passed as the Fat Man quivered in rage.

"I mean that. You are a total, complete and utter bastard for this. How could you? How could you? I had no good reason to attack you! You were both well defended and low on funds! Now, my ship is in pieces, and hundreds of lives ruined with it! That sleeper agent has done more damage than you know. I remember when you were still a decent man. When you had morals. Standards." The Fat Man sighed. "It worked, even if you didn't get me personally. I'm broke and almost friendless. I'm going back into cryo until this all blows over. I hope you win. I know you, and it won't bring you a spot of happiness."

The transmission ended.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I was actually holding an Assassin, so good job, Penguin. I hope the rest of you enjoy the rest of the game (No enjoyment for those who killed me :smalltongue:). I do still stand by most of my reasoning, I was just playing a riskier game than I had implied there. Eloel, what I was saying was that I couldn't have any of those powers, because if I had claimed them, I could be almost certain that I would be challenged and then lose. The fact that I didn't claim them when any one of them would have been a better move indicates that I didn't have them. That's my point. The reasoning behind my not having an Assassin was deliberately sketchy, I admit. I would have had to be an idiot to have claimed any of those without having the actual card.

Anyway, good game, best of luck to all of you.

EDIT: Suppose I did have a Duke/Ambassador/Captain. Why would I not use them? I would know that they would get challenged, but I don't lose anything if I have the card in question, so claiming them if I had them would make sense. Because I know they would get challenged, I wouldn't claim them if I didn't have them. I didn't claim them, so I didn't have them. I can't really present good reasoning for why I wouldn't have an Assassin though, on account of my having had an Assassin. :smalltongue:

Eloel
2015-06-30, 01:13 PM
EDIT: Suppose I did have a Duke/Ambassador/Captain. Why would I not use them? I would know that they would get challenged, but I don't lose anything if I have the card in question, so claiming them if I had them would make sense. Because I know they would get challenged, I wouldn't claim them if I didn't have them. I didn't claim them, so I didn't have them. I can't really present good reasoning for why I wouldn't have an Assassin though, on account of my having had an Assassin. :smalltongue:

Claiming Duke/Captain/Assassin means you absolutely do not have Contessa. You get assassinated, can't claim Contessa, game over.

Silent_Interim
2015-06-30, 01:37 PM
Challenging the Assassin claim still works. Anyway, I'll shut up and leave you all to it now.

Penguinator
2015-06-30, 04:30 PM
The Captain watched the transmission with a weary look on his face. As it ended, he eyed the upstart officer. "I suppose you're pleased with yourself?"
The officer beamed. "Of course, Sir. A dangerous force was put down, and our sleeper agent was able to make it out alive without being captured." He wiped a hand through his hair. "A move of tactical genius, if I do say so myself."
The Captain, without moving much, responded with, "Except that we're broke, responsible for first blood in what promises to be a galaxy-spanning conquest, and if the Fat Man is to be believed, responsible for ruining hundreds of lives." The Captain finally sat up straight, and in a level tone, asked, "How do you account for that?"
The officer shook his head. "We took a chance, Sir, and had an impact on the struggle. Even if we don't win, we'll be remembered." His grin returned, and he began to leave, throwing the last statement over his shoulder. "And the man said 'ruined,' not 'killed.' You should be happy about that."
Watching the officer leave, the Captain shook his head. From behind him, his communications officer spoke. "He was right, wasn't he? The Fat Man."
The Captain looked into her eyes, then shrugged. "I suppose that depends on which part you mean."
"Winning. It wouldn't make you happy." The communications officer laid a hand on the Captain's knee. "I know you that well, Sir."
The Captain patted the officer's hand, then turned back to his work. Casually, he answered, "So did the Fat Man."

Legato Endless
2015-06-30, 06:59 PM
Snip

Awesome send off.

Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
Duke
Assassin

Eloel
Ambassador
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

Note- No, you can not steal Silent Interim's coins now that's he gone. Whatever wealth he kept is sealed in the Cryo chamber with him.

aspi
2015-07-01, 01:46 AM
Anyway, I'll shut up and leave you all to it now.
Speaking just for myself, I don't think there's any reaoson why you couldn't keep discussing the game with us, if you wanted. After all, there's no secret information to divulge that we shouldn't have.

Note- No, you can not steal Silent Interim's coins now that's he gone. Whatever wealth he kept is sealed in the Cryo chamber with him.
(You appear to have read my mind... very well then)

As the Arciellaun's convoy passed the twin ringed moons and entered the shadow of the system's gas giant on it's approach to Wayland Station, a heavy frigate dropped out of hyperspace where it had apparently been standing by. While it clearly bore the the royal Eranion seal, it's outer hull was scarred and scorched from blaster fire, which would have been atypical for an Enranion military vessel, a small but proud stellar alliance that took pride in it's fleet. But then again this wasn't a a regular vessel with a crew of properly enlisted men. Within moments, a group of small fighters launched from the frigate and headed towards the convoy. A heavily accented voice was audible over the intercom of all convoy vessels within range, automatically activated by slightly outdated but still valid military communication override protocols. "This is Captain Garenez of the Royal Warship Meredin Cruz. You are suspected to be in violation of Commerce Regulations sections 7, 8 and 13. Power down your engines immediately and prepare to be boarded. You have 20 seconds to comply before we open fire. This is your first and final warning."

(Using my Captain to steal 2 coins from Ramsus)

Eloel
2015-07-01, 01:48 AM
Sure, why not. No challenge.

Ramsus
2015-07-01, 01:56 AM
Just to check, because despite all the very helpful explanations I still get a bit confused, if I didn't wish to challenge but did wish to block with either a claim of captain or ambassador would I have to do both now? Or do I and everyone else need to say we don't challenge before I would declare if I'm going to block?

I'm mostly asking just so I'm following the proper order of things, I kind of doubt anyone aside from myself would have any reason to challenge aspi's captain claim. But it would be weird if I didn't challenged and declared a block and the other players were now in this weird position where they could potentially challenge two different things.

Eloel
2015-07-01, 02:19 AM
You can wait for all "no challenge" votes before blocking, or I guess you could just go "block!" and wait for everyone else to explicitly say "no challenge" since you're already blocking - though you'd in essence be revealing extra information.

aspi
2015-07-01, 02:36 AM
Although this is likely to drag out the game a bit at these points, I would always give everyone else a chance to challenge, even if you can block an action. The reasoning: blocking is at best a zero sum action for you (if you do have the card to block) or a risk (if you do not). But if someone else challenges your attacker, this will always work out in favour of you, as one of these other players will loose an influence once a challenge is made. So always give other people the time to challenge, there's just no point in removing that option early.

Penguinator
2015-07-01, 11:20 AM
No challenge.

Ramsus
2015-07-01, 12:34 PM
((No challenge, blocking with a captain))

The Arciellaun did not bother to decloak the Myth and simply let the Meredin Cruz dock with the Legend. There wasn't much to fear, the questionably legal AI that handled the legal documentation was amazingly adept at finding the proper legal justification or loophole for just about any action and it helped that the Arciellaun didn't specifically belong as a citizen to any of the governments and yet enjoyed a special status with most of them. And if the Meredin Cruz was not really the Meredin Cruz, though the identification checked out, the Legend's incredibly powerful force shields could also be used inside of the ship to block access and cage any would-be pirates trying to seize it. And of course there were the top of the line robots and expertly trained soldiers armed with the best equipment money could buy, thievery could acquire, and the on-board weapon's labs could invent.

Penguinator
2015-07-01, 09:44 PM
I won't challenge Ramsus' claim, either.

aspi
2015-07-02, 03:12 PM
(Hm, small side-note, going by Star Wars terminology: I wasn't about to attempt to hijack the Arciellaun's two-dreadnaught main convoy with a single frigate. I was thinking of just some trade convoy to rob. But ah well...)

As the Meredin Cruz approached the Legend, the fighters also drew closer, in what seemed like a threatening fly-by that could be turned into a strafing run within a matter of moments if any resistance became apparent. Instead of passing the two ships, however, they docked in rapid sequence with the Meredin Cruz in what was clearly a well trained maneuver that took merely seconds to execute. Even before the hangar doors of the Meredin Cruz had closed, it jumped back to hyperspace. Maybe it had been a sensor reading of the impending trap or just a gut feeling, but something had clearly spooked the pirates.

(No challenge, I'll accept the block. So unless anyone else wants to challenge, that makes it Ramsus' turn.)

Ramsus
2015-07-02, 04:44 PM
((Ah. Well the Arciellaun basically only has the two ships. Everything else would be someone else's property. Someone else who pays the Arciellaun allegiance perhaps, but their ships are theirs. I suppose you could have tried to steal something that was being shipped to the Myth or Legend, though that probably isn't a whole lot typically. Food and refined materials you would get while orbiting a planet or such, information and money is probably handled digitally, valuables for sale in case an economy crashes are probably kept in various hidden caches or held in banks and never come anywhere near either ship. So that basically leaves special items like loads of new weaponry or other technology that has to be produced in amounts that can't be made on the two ships in a reasonable amount of time but are actually needed on the ship.))

Basically just waiting to see if Eloel wants to challenge then.

Eloel
2015-07-02, 05:43 PM
Sure, why not. No challenge.

I've already replied :smallsmile:

Ramsus
2015-07-02, 07:25 PM
Not to my claim of having a captain you didn't. But I'm just going to count that for now since you had a fair chance to actually notice, what with me pointing out you hadn't done so, and move on rather than wait more for probably no reason.

I'll just take some Foreign Aid.

Can't think of much worth RPing for that, maybe if someone tries to block or something.

Penguinator
2015-07-03, 02:19 PM
No challenge/block.

aspi
2015-07-04, 04:08 PM
Not blocking

Legato Endless
2015-07-06, 12:00 AM
Deadline for blocking will be in 12 hours.

After that, it is Eloel's turn.

Eloel
2015-07-08, 12:18 AM
Using Assassin to hurt Ramsus.

Penguinator
2015-07-08, 11:13 AM
No challenge.

aspi
2015-07-08, 12:15 PM
Likewise, no challenge

Ramsus
2015-07-08, 12:32 PM
No challenge, blocking with a Contessa

Eloel
2015-07-08, 01:09 PM
No challenge, blocking with a Contessa

No challenge

Penguinator
2015-07-08, 01:27 PM
No challenge.

aspi
2015-07-09, 01:19 PM
And again no challenge.

Ramsus
2015-07-09, 01:29 PM
Think I'm gonna wait for Legato to do another update since I'm a little too busy right now to do an RP post anyway.

Legato Endless
2015-07-09, 05:11 PM
Game State

Players
Coins
Card 1
Card 2

Ramsus
???
???

Silent Interim
Duke
Assassin

Eloel
Ambassador
???

Penguinator
???
???

Aspi
???
???

It is Penguinator's turn.

I'll probably make an RP update by the weekend, to add a bit of color to the dry season. No promises though, I've got preparations for multiple weddings starting to heat up.

Ramsus
2015-07-09, 06:17 PM
No promises though, I've got preparations for multiple weddings starting to heat up.

Well that sounds like a trouble of your own making. Maybe you should think twice about trying to marry so many people? :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2015-07-09, 09:33 PM
"Sir, because our funds are frighteningly low, I believe we ought to try to collect from our allies in the Cricket-Panda system."
"Low because of an order you issued, I might add."
"Technicalities."
The Captain shook his head. "Communications, see if you can establish a link with Rossi."
"On it, Captain."

(Try to collect Foreign Aid)

Ramsus
2015-07-09, 10:01 PM
not blocking

aspi
2015-07-13, 11:46 AM
(ugh, sorry for the delay. Not blocking)

Legato Endless
2015-07-14, 07:52 PM
Okay, Aspi, is it now your turn.

Sorry for the delay, having a bit of connection trouble.

aspi
2015-07-15, 06:09 AM
I'm a bit pressed for time today, so I may add RP later

I don't like the idea of well funded assassins, so I'll steal 2 coins from Eloel

Ramsus
2015-07-15, 12:38 PM
Not challenging

Eloel
2015-07-15, 03:16 PM
Not challenging, blocking

Silent_Interim
2015-07-16, 09:32 PM
Speaking just for myself, I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't keep discussing the game with us, if you wanted. After all, there's no secret information to divulge that we shouldn't have.

Ahem. Yes. Erm. I definitely am not privy to any additional secrets. No siree. Noooo.

I am still following the game with interest, though.

On a separate note, Eloel, you need to claim the specific card you're blocking with, because both ambassador and captain can be used to block.

Legato Endless
2015-07-17, 11:52 AM
Penguin will not be challenging either claim.

aspi
2015-07-20, 09:43 AM
Eloel, could you please specify what you are blocking with so we can keep going?

aspi
2015-07-27, 02:18 AM
I'm going to be out of town for two weeks. Sadly, people apparently can't be bothered to state that they're unavailable to continue playing, and therefore I won't bother making the effort of checking for new posts during the next two weeks. So I suppose that's that.

Penguinator
2015-07-27, 02:17 PM
Has Eloel been PM'd/considered for replacement?

Legato Endless
2015-07-27, 02:35 PM
Way back on the 17th yes.

I could try for replacements, but this seemed to be getting bogged down waiting for confirmation for challenges.

If anyone is still interested, sound off and I'll try messaging the other people who showed interest initially.

Pelican
2015-07-27, 09:27 PM
I'd be interested if you do decide to continue and end up needing another player or start another game. Never played before, but it looks very interesting.

Penguinator
2015-07-27, 10:15 PM
Well, honestly, I think if we get Eloel out, it will go smoother.