PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Build Idea] Punch, Trip, Kick, Repeat

Strormer
2015-06-18, 11:35 PM
So, after this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?422057-Trip-feats), I started thinking about making this build as solid as possible.

The idea is making a Monk who rushes in, power attacks with a free trip (Felling Smash), aoo from Greater Trip, aoo from Vicious Stomp, then rushes back out (Spring Attack). Now, I know that using Spring Attack in this fashion is technically against RAW, but even without it the style is quite fun. Anyway, here's what I've got so far.

Human Unchained Monk 12

Abilities
STR 14, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 16, CHA 10

Human
+2 WIS
Skilled
Combat Expertise
Favored Class: Monk

Feats
Power Attack
Evasion
Improved Trip
Felling Smash
Greater Trip
Spring Attack
Vicious Stomp

Monk Abilities
Combat Reflexes
Flurry of Blows (Bonus Attack)
Stunning Fist
Unarmed Strike
Dodge
Fast Movement
Ki Pool
Ki Strike (Magic)
Ki Power - ?
Still Mind
Purity of Body
Leg Sweep Style Strike
Mobility
Ki Power - ?
Ki Strike (Cold Iron/Silver)
Ki Power - ?
Improved Evasion
? Style Strike
Ki Power - ?
Ki Strike (Lawful)
Flurry of Blows (Bonus Attack)
Ki Power - ?

Remaining feats that would roll in at higher levels: Vital Strike line (for initial attack).

Thoughts?

Sayt
2015-06-19, 01:58 AM
Leg sweep and Felling Smash seem a little redundant in the build.

On the other hand, an Unchained MoMs (Which I believe works?) With Dragon Ferocity, Pummeling Charge, Horn of Criosphinx and Felling Smash and vicious Stomp, you and charge, punch for huge and then kick twice

Firest Kathon
2015-06-19, 05:44 AM
an Unchained MoMs (Which I believe works?)
Unfortunately, Unchained Monk is explicitely not compatible with any existing archetypes (pg. 8 of the book, but unfortunately not mentioned on d20pfsrd.com).

Finally, with the exception of the monk, these classes should work with any of the archetypes from previous books as long as the classes still have the appropriate class features to replace.