PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Amulet of Teamwork

badgerman
2015-06-19, 07:43 AM
Does the +2 bonus to damage when flanking stack?
So if two players each wear an amulet of teamwork (MIC p.70) and both are flanking an enemy together, will each of them do +4 damage ?

Ellowryn
2015-06-19, 08:02 AM
Seems so. As there is not a specific type attached to the bonus it stands to reason that they stack. I don't know if that is powerful or not, but i guess that is up to the group.

BowStreetRunner
2015-06-19, 08:56 AM
Modifiers that come from the same source (such as two copies of the same magic item) do not stack unless explicitly stated otherwise. So two Amulets of Teamwork would not stack with each other, but another magic item that provided the same kind of bonus would.

badgerman
2015-06-19, 02:38 PM
Modifiers that come from the same source (such as two copies of the same magic item) do not stack unless explicitly stated otherwise. ...

Okay fair enough. Could you please tell me a source of that rule (which book which page if possible). Or maybe another example ?
Thanks

badgerman
2015-06-19, 02:45 PM
I don't know if that is powerful or not, but i guess that is up to the group.

Items cost is 2000 gp so +4 damage to each flanker (even +6 possible with adaptable flanker) is quite a big thing for me cause you can afford it in low levels. But you are right it depends on the characters. If theres just one melee char its's not that powerful.

But since it was said that the bonus doesn't stack it doesn't matter anymore.

BowStreetRunner
2015-06-19, 04:30 PM
Okay fair enough. Could you please tell me a source of that rule (which book which page if possible). Or maybe another example ?
Thanks

The easiest place to locate the Stacking rules is the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#stacking).

badgerman
2015-06-19, 04:47 PM
Thanks a lot