PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Tome of Battle to PoW Translation

Xerlith
2015-06-19, 02:49 PM
Long ago, Novawurmson made a Tome of Battle Pathfinder conversion. A straight-up change, which worked quite well with the system Pathfinder was back then. Now, the times have changed and we got Path of War, which raised the average Initiator power level quite a lot. Has anyone tried running ToB classes and disciplines alongside PoW ones? How did they fare?

I'm curious if they'd make for at least decent party members, or it'd be needed to up the disciplines/classes to hold their own. Gut says to buff... How's it really?

atemu1234
2015-06-19, 10:13 PM
I run them together, with some conversion to 3.5. PoW is a little stronger, but it can work.

Eldaran
2015-06-20, 04:18 AM
This is the fairly basic conversion I use. (http://www.bpfindley.com/ToB%20Conversion.html)

And the changes to the initiator classes:

Crusader: Increase HD to d12, Smite works like Pathfinder Paladin Smite, move stances to 3, 9, 15.

Swordsage: Move stance from 14 to 13. Add Quick to Act as dodge bonus to AC as well. Add Dual Boost 1/day at 10, 14, 18, and 20. At 6 gain Discipline Focus(Weapon Focus) for a second discipline.

Warblade: Allow any combat/fighter feat for bonus feats.

This doesn't really balance them with the PoW classes though, they'd need more work for that.

Xerlith
2015-06-20, 05:47 AM
@Eldaran, this seems nice and I haven't seen this before. Thanks!

PraxisVetli
2015-06-20, 11:07 PM
I use both, without problem.
I've also houseruled that players can pick whichever disciplines they want. Haven't noticed any power issues.