PDA

View Full Version : Refine this build!

Teapot Salty
2015-06-19, 05:40 PM
Hey guys, I had an idea for a build, but I need a hand refining it to make it a bit more optimized:
So the basic idea is ranger 3 for TWF, hunters mark, and colossus slayer. Monk 6 for flurry of blows, debuffs etc. and finally Pally 11, for smiting shenanigans.

The concept is to swing as many times as possible, with as many force multipliers as possible, and that's what I need help with, what do you guys think would be best for that?

Isli
2015-06-19, 08:36 PM
If you simply want on-hit damage riders, oathbreaker 12/barb 2/copper draconic sorc 6 w/o normal pointbuy, oathbreaker 12/totem barb 4/copper draconic sorc 4 w/ normal pointbuy with GWM and Polearm Master is the way to go. It's the highest sustained DPR build I've been able to figure out, and the damage goes even higher with Elemental Weapon, especially on the first variant.

If you want to attack a lot...you want to go fighter, due to 5e's "one bonus action per turn" rule.

Paeleus
2015-06-19, 09:37 PM
I'd have to say a fighter sorcerer multiclass. Get your action surge and extra weapon attacks from fighter (max 3 attacks @ lvl 11). Get to Sorceror 9 and get the 5th level spell Animate Objects. It will take a turn to get it going, but where talking your 3 attacks plus 10 medium sized objects attacking in a round at lvl 20.

You might even throw in 3 lvls of Rougue to get Swashbuckler if its legal to get some sneak attack damage. Added plus is you are not totally useless out of combat. Dex and Charisma based character. I'd suggest taking fighter first to get that constitution saving proficiency for your concentration saving throws.

Or if you want Animate Objects sooner, go favored soul sorc. I am a fan of Action Surge, and Battlemaster makes you sick on the battlefield. Again, Swashbuckler Rogue is fun.

A bunch of options. I'm probably just scrapping the surface here.