PDA

View Full Version : Minor Conjuration and Adamantine

silverwind
2015-06-20, 02:36 AM
I have noticed that the Minor Conjuration power states that any conjured item is dispelled if it takes damage. How does this work for materials that are more resistant to damage, such as Adamantine.
Do they stay around if they are not actually damaged, or do they dispel on the principle of being attacked (or put into a damaging situation)?

darkscizor
2015-06-20, 08:30 AM
A high AC helps them not to be damaged, so if they are, then you just aren'r having a lucky day.

pwykersotz
2015-06-20, 09:04 AM
The funny thing is, Adamantine is listed under "Magic Items". So technically it's not allowed. :smalltongue:

Slipperychicken
2015-06-20, 09:52 AM
The funny thing is, Adamantine is listed under "Magic Items". So technically it's not allowed. :smalltongue:

Adamantine armor is listed under magic items, but I don't believe that all adamantium is necessarily magical.

Also, I think this is one of the areas where a DM ruling might be good. Obviously, a normal metal weapon just isn't going to harm a sturdy adamantine item. It's like the example of someone attacking a dungeon wall with a normal sword: However skilled and persistent the user is (and however much damage he can deal), the sword will dull and break before the wall takes noticeable damage.

pwykersotz
2015-06-20, 10:14 AM
Adamantine armor is listed under magic items, but I don't believe that all adamantium is necessarily magical.

Oh, of course. I was just amused by how it was categorized. :smallsmile:

1Forge
2015-06-20, 10:49 AM

Also, I think this is one of the areas where a DM ruling might be good. Obviously, a normal metal weapon just isn't going to harm a sturdy adamantine item. It's like the example of someone attacking a dungeon wall with a normal sword: However skilled and persistent the user is (and however much damage he can deal), the sword will dull and break before the wall takes noticeable damage.

Yeah i'd give adamantine a damage threshold.

TheOOB
2015-06-23, 03:27 AM
I'd rule that adamantine is an supernal material and falls under the magical provision of minor conjuration, same with things like mythril, dragon scales, or ironwood. These materials really are supernatural, they hold powers beyond the mere composition of their physical structure.

Ramshack
2015-06-23, 08:43 AM
I'd rule that adamantine is an supernal material and falls under the magical provision of minor conjuration, same with things like mythril, dragon scales, or ironwood. These materials really are supernatural, they hold powers beyond the mere composition of their physical structure.

I agree I wouldn't let my players use this ability to summon items made of specific item types. If they want a bucket, it's an obviously magical bucket made of magic... lol not iron or wood or adamantium etc.