PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [Shackled City] [My Players Stay Out!] Monkey Business?

Belkarseviltwin
2015-06-20, 05:19 AM
First of all, if you are involved in the 3.5e Shackled City campaign in Cambridge, there are spoilers within! Please stay away!
SPOILERSPACE
SPOILERSPACE
SPOILERSPACE

With that out of the way, my players have just finished the second chapter of this AP (Drakthar's Way) and are about to enter the third (Flood Season). Early in the chapter, they will fight Tongueater, a werebaboon barbarian. I think he's supposed to be quite a tricky fight, as they have the chance to go back to town and rest soon after.

The thing is, in the second chapter the PCs figured out that Drakthar was a vampire before they fought him (from the goblin graffiti). So they loaded up on silver weapons, which they still have. Will these make Tongueater too easy an opponent? His DR/silver is only 5, so perhaps they won't make too much of a difference.

If they do, I have heard people suggesting replacing him with a Bar-Lgura demon (from Fiendish Codex 1). The PCs may have access to bless weapon, and there is a +1 holy heavy mace in the area. Despite this, I'm slightly worried about the Bar-Lgura being too difficult an opponent (even though it's the same CR), especially if I play it intelligently. What do people think?

Also, do any other Shackled City DMs have advice on how to run the Flood Festival part of the chapter, and the tavern fight with the Stormblades?