PDA

View Full Version : Optimization pathfinder who makes the best blaster

kpumphre
2015-06-20, 11:51 AM
I know blasters are not the best way to run magic users. Please don't bother telling me that. I'm in a non optimized game. I am trying to give magic users a chance and play something different. As a bonus point it will drive the one optimized in the party crazy. But mostly it something.New to try. So I want to know what class/archtype would be best on a 15 point but. Main books only this is Core, apg, uc, um, and acg.

No arcanist, no summoner, no guns and any arch type from acg has to be approved on a case by case basis as our dm just got the book. He did say no to the one that gives the wizards the arcanist ability.

So what class makes the best blaster in terms of damage and creativity with it? We are level 4 I doubt we will hit level 9 in this campaign.

Psyren
2015-06-20, 12:26 PM
Sorcerer is tough to beat with a blasty bloodline like Orc, or one like Elemental that lets you change the energy type at will without metamagic. Add in the high spells/day, which let you spam blasty spells (including with higher-level slots) and you have a lot of ammunition to throw around too.

Be sure to get Intensify Spell so that your lower-level blasting spells stay relevant longer.

But even if blasting is what you mainly want to do, be sure to grab some utility things as well, e.g. flight and teleportation to stay out of melee, False Life and Wind Wall to protect yourself from enemy archers etc.