PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Dark Duo

planswalker
2015-06-20, 06:50 PM
Rizban, SpookySister7, or DM only! All others will find out about what happened to Kel'vek

In the back room, Hagan says, "Yes, I knew Kel'vek. Have you heard from him recently? Is he doing well?"

Rizban
2015-06-20, 06:55 PM
"Those are the very questions which you were meant to answer for us. Contact with him ceased, thus we came to investigate. You were the only contact he gave us by which to reach him in the city."

planswalker
2015-06-20, 06:58 PM
"That is not good news. I count him as one of my few friends but I haven't heard from him since he went off to the Docks to stop a slaver ring that was supposedly using Aldhaven as a waypoint."

Spookysister7
2015-06-20, 11:15 PM
"It's not like him to just wander off," she says, sounding put out, but her brow creased in concern, "We... I fear that someone or something might have..." she trailed off, unable to complete the thought.

planswalker
2015-06-20, 11:52 PM
"It would sadden me greatly if that were true."

Rizban
2015-06-21, 12:50 AM
"Tell me all you know of this group. We shall investigate it forthwith. If Kel'vek may be located, he shall be retrieved. If not, he shall be avenged."

planswalker
2015-06-21, 09:53 AM
"All I know for sure was that he was heading to some place called the bound Boar where he thought to find out more information."

Spookysister7
2015-06-21, 10:24 PM
"Let's go there then," she said impatiently, her hand on the hilt of her blade.

Rizban
2015-06-22, 12:29 AM
The man scratches his beard absentmindedly for a moment before replying.

"Very well. Thank you. If there is anything else you can tell us or any other assistance you can provide, it would be greatly appreciated."

planswalker
2015-06-22, 08:16 AM
"Of course. Kel was a friend of mine and his disappearance has troubled me greatly. I will certainly pass along anything else I hear. I would join you on your search, but alas, my adventuring days are behind me. I have other things I must look after and can no longer afford to just abandon my shop for days at a time."

Rizban
2015-06-22, 07:07 PM
"That is... most helpful."

The man places his hand on his companion's shoulder to get her to relax for a moment.

"What can you tell us of this group he was investigating?"

planswalker
2015-06-23, 10:00 AM
"There weren't a lot of facts known. Just that there was a ring of slavers who used Aldhaven as a waypoint in their network and who held illicit auctions underground. They likely had contacts and allies with the illegal aspects of the city's underground in order to operate safely. Kel hadn't been all too free on the specifics, only that the Bound Boar tavern was the place to start his investigation. He had suspected trouble and had me craft him some new equipment before heading out."

Rizban
2015-06-23, 11:01 PM
Seeing his companion growing increasingly impatient, he decides to leave.

"Very well, we will seek out this tavern and investigate. I am fully aware that you do not know us, but would hope that you could offer us similar services for the sake of our friend. I thank you for your time. It has been very enlightening."

planswalker
2015-06-24, 12:27 AM
"Of course. Come back any time and I wish I'd known more."

As you head to the Docks and ask around, it would appear that everyone knows nothing about said tavern. One rotund fellow with a mustache even goes so far as to claim he hasn't even gotten out of bed. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9BJxFHDYI)

Rizban
2015-06-24, 08:55 PM
Isn't the Bound Boar in South Market?
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?183889-AvB-Kel&p=11195644#post11195644
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?397865-AVB-The-Undersiders&p=18954144#post18954144

planswalker
2015-06-25, 09:01 AM
... you are totally and completely right.

Dern it, that's what I get for going off a years-old recollection of that plot instead of re-reading that thread for myself.

ahem...

As you head to South Market and ask around, it appears that few people have heard of this tavern, though a few helpful folks point you in the direction where several such establishments all operate on the same block. One rotund man with a bristly mustache seems quite nervous when you ask him and denies knowing anything about taverns. He's heard nothing about them. He's seen nothing about them. He even goes so far as to claim he hasn't gotten out of bed yet.

Rizban
2015-06-25, 01:51 PM
NOT being in the Docks is one of the reasons I wanted to pursue this plot line. :smallwink:Taking a second to glance around, he checks to see how crowded the immediate area is.

planswalker
2015-06-25, 03:13 PM
yes yes yes, that's all well and good. We all get what we want now.

Your immediate area seems to have a few pedestrians going about their business but mostly the place is rather sparse. The narrow streets in this particular neighborhood are relatively straight and seem quite old in contrast to the quick, cheaply built tenements on the blocks.

Rizban
2015-06-26, 03:59 AM
Mornair makes eye contact with Ithra and indicates to her to move up and threaten the man. As soon as she starts to move toward him, Mornair blinks hard, causing a drow priestess in Lolth's unholy robes to appear behind the man, though she is shackled hand and foot and appears somewhat ghostly in nature.

The shackled drow priestess immediately attempts to ensnare the man in the chain between her arms.

If she grabs him successfully, Mornair stares into the man's eyes, clears his throat and says. "We do not have all day. Now, unless you'd like to meet Lolth personally, I suggest you tell us all you know of the Bound Boar."

Mornair
Swift action to manifest my personal astral construct, expending psionic focus and 5pp.

Astral Construct
[roll0] (+2 if Ithra moves into flanking first)
[roll1]

Mornair
[roll2]

Edit: I can live with those rolls...

planswalker
2015-06-26, 12:05 PM
The man almost dissolves into a gibbering puddle as he says, "TheBoundBoarwasfoundouttobeaslaver'shideoutandwass hutdownofficiallybutnowtheSovereignEagleservesthes amefunctionandwhenIobjectedtomytavernbeingtakenove randusedforsuchitwasboughtoutfromundermeandIwastol dthatIwouldfindmyselfwishingtobedeadifIsaidanythin gpleasedon'tkillme!"

Spookysister7
2015-07-02, 03:46 PM
"What do you know of Kel?" she growls, frowning at the gibbering fool.

Rizban
2015-07-02, 03:59 PM
Mornair places a hand on her shoulder to calm her and says softly, "We will get to that. Do not worry."

He turns to the man, clears his throat and stares him down.

"You will give us directions and any information we require to make contact. Then, you will take your family and leave the city immediately for your own safety. If I ever see you again, I shall be sure to let the slavers know who it was who revealed their operations. Do you understand me?"

planswalker
2015-07-02, 09:13 PM
He gives you very clear and specific directions to the Sovereign Eagle, but confesses that he doesn't know what it would take to get in on the slaver ring. When he refused to host them willingly, they didn't exactly tell him how to earn his way back in.

"Kel? I don't know what a 'kel' is." he says to the female half-drow who hasn't used her own name to describe herself in the entire thread and thus this DM has forgotten it. :smalltongue:

Assuming you have nothing further for him, he will depart in a frantic dash in the direction he had been going.

Rizban
2015-07-03, 04:47 AM
He gives a nod reminiscent of a bow and curtly says, "Thank you. Now, leave."

Morn has his astral construct release the man and give him a good shove to send him on his way.

"Well then, dear Ithra, shall we make our way to this Sovereign Eagle?"