PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [GESTALT] Groot-Like Build

LordAshenshield
2015-06-21, 01:00 AM
Ok so I wanted to make use of the Ghoran race and while looking at it I had to admit I liked the idea of turning it into a Groot style character.

I heard one possible build for Groot was a Lame Wood Oracle with Verdant Bloodline (Via Eldritch Heritage) which sounds like it would work really well for the one half.

I was thinking taking Brawler on the other side, to fit his very physical style of combat. Sure he can make wood weapons, but he is more about beating the hell out of folks with his wood form.

I did consider losing 1 level to take Advanced Template to boost Natural Armor to +4 (+2 from Advanced; +2 from race)

And boosting his Cha and Con is awesome, and a +2 to Int is nice. the rest is gravy.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Eldaran
2015-06-21, 01:36 AM
You'll want a Ghoran (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/more-races/advanced-races-11-20-rp/ghoran-19-rp) for the race.

Did you not read their post?

How are you running level adjustment with gestalt? Does it only apply to one side? If so the Advanced template is definitely worth it. But if both sides of the gestalt take the LA, I don't know if you want to be giving up those caster levels.