PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Make A Silly Monster...

Xaotiq1
2015-06-21, 01:08 PM
I'm trying to make a very silly monster. My base is a tauric creature that starts with a Dvati and a chimera. My question is by the rules as they stand, how do I replace all three of the chimera's beast heads with Dvati torsos?

Uncle Pine
2015-06-21, 01:44 PM
I'm trying to make a very silly monster. My base is a tauric creature that starts with a Dvati and a chimera. My question is by the rules as they stand, how do I replace all three of the chimera's beast heads with Dvati torsos?

You don't. A tauric dvati-chimera loses the chimera's heads and gain... two dvati's torsos? With arms and heads as well, obviously.
Remember that by losing the chimera's heads, you also lose the two bite attacks, the gore attack and the breath weapon.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-21, 01:57 PM

...DM fiat?

Xaotiq1
2015-06-21, 02:19 PM
AFAIK, Dvati are pairs of twins. Ergo, even if tauric, there'd be 2 of them. Oh well. I'm looking for something with a large animal base, three torsos attached chimera style, each with two heads, the voidmind template, and uses the multivoice feat with truespeech. :smallbiggrin:

Yeah, I could cheat; but using the rules would feel so much yummier. :smallcool:

VariSami
2015-06-21, 02:25 PM
Well, one might be a bit cheesy and rule that a Dvati with the Thunder Twin feat applies the rules for being the same entity to its twin as well since the abilities are intended to work between Dvati twins. This could provide one with a third (or maybe even a fourth) twin which could be cheesed to work as a singular creature.

Then again, simply the thought of a Dvati with the Thunder Twin feat is enough for me. We are the twin twins of our twin twins and all that.

atemu1234
2015-06-21, 02:39 PM
Well, one might be a bit cheesy and rule that a Dvati with the Thunder Twin feat applies the rules for being the same entity to its twin as well since the abilities are intended to work between Dvati twins. This could provide one with a third (or maybe even a fourth) twin which could be cheesed to work as a singular creature.

Then again, simply the thought of a Dvati with the Thunder Twin feat is enough for me. We are the twin twins of our twin twins and all that.

Wait what?

My brain is causing me pain.

VariSami
2015-06-21, 03:43 PM
Basically, since Dragon Compendium always refers to the effects of a Dvati's racial abilities affecting its 'Dvati twin', if the Dvati received a twin from another source, it would qualify with a very liberal reading of those entries because it is a Dvati and your twin. And that is what Thunder Twin does - you receive a twin.

As for the twin twins of the twin twins... Well, a single Dvati character is always a pair of twins. Thus, by having a Thunder Twin, the original twins will have a twin which is a pair of twins.

Xaotiq1
2015-06-21, 06:05 PM
Basically, since Dragon Compendium always refers to the effects of a Dvati's racial abilities affecting its 'Dvati twin', if the Dvati received a twin from another source, it would qualify with a very liberal reading of those entries because it is a Dvati and your twin. And that is what Thunder Twin does - you receive a twin.

As for the twin twins of the twin twins... Well, a single Dvati character is always a pair of twins. Thus, by having a Thunder Twin, the original twins will have a twin which is a pair of twins.

This might work out dandy for me! Thanks VariSami!

nedz
2015-06-21, 06:40 PM
There are a number of permutations which include, but are not limited to, these options:

Two creatures, each with one of the same three pairs of torsos/heads
One creature with Dvati triplet torsos/heads
One creature with two Dvati torsos/heads, and a third Dragon/Goat/Lion head in the middle.

atemu1234
2015-06-21, 06:42 PM
There are a number of permutations which include, but are not limited to, these options:

Two creatures, each with one of the same three pairs of torsos/heads
One creature with Dvati triplet torsos/heads
One creature with two Dvati torsos/heads, and a third Dragon/Goat/Lion head in the middle.

I like the first one. 'Twould be fun to play.

Xaotiq1
2015-06-21, 07:10 PM
The 1st one is what I'm after here.

HolyCouncilMagi
2015-06-21, 09:44 PM
Tauric Twin Thundertwin... Two chimaerae with one lion head each, then two neck stumps each, with each neck stump having two Dvati coming out...

Okay, not RAW, but too hilarious not to contemplate.

Xaotiq1
2015-06-21, 11:50 PM
Tauric Twin Thundertwin... Two chimaerae with one lion head each, then two neck stumps each, with each neck stump having two Dvati coming out...

Okay, not RAW, but too hilarious not to contemplate.

Oh, it's better than that. Two chimeras with humanoid torso's from all three neck stumps. All of those torsos have 2 heads on them, each with their own mind. Each of those minds is controlled by a trio of ilithids (Voidmind template). The creature has multivoice and does truenaming. And there are two of them at all times lest their twin shows up; at which point there will be four.

Can anyone here draw this thing; head tentacles and all?!