PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Quirky Characxter Build Help - Poisoned Waffle Thrower

unseenmage
2015-06-21, 01:26 PM
So I was looking through the Pathfinder basic equipment list and stumbled over the waffle iron. That's right, my character could have been making waffles this whole time!

Now my character is an Artificer so the first thought that sprang to mind was to use Throw Anything to hurl waffles at his enemies. But no, this character's schtick, like most of my characters, is Constructs and crafting. But a poisoner Alchemist who flings waffles filled with jellied contact poisons could be doable...

So. How to make hurling waffles at one's enemies hurt the most in Pathfinder. Mind you I am a complete novice in Pathfinder and as such have no clue what I'm doing so whatever help can be offered will be appreciated.

Also, heh, waffles. :smallamused:

MyrPsychologist
2015-06-21, 01:35 PM
Why not just flavor an alchemist's bombs as waffles and pastries filled with alchemical substances? So instead of an exploding vial it'd be an exploding waffle or crepe.

noob
2015-06-21, 01:36 PM
I believe there is a rule about improvised thrown weapons who allow them to deal damage proportionally to their mass the end of the progression was like every ton it weights increase the damage by 1d6 (it is a 3.5 rule but maybe the gm will allow) and this way if you throw 10 tons waffles you will do like 10d6 which is really cool for a thrown weapon(but you will have something like -12 to your attack throw).
You can also enchant your waffles since the enchantment rules only says it needs to be a masterwork weapon which might be the case if it is a masterwork waffle as you can use it as an improvised weapon.
Enchanting your poison can also help(there is rules for that).