PDA

View Full Version : If you're tired of the same old story (IC)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

JonRG
2015-11-20, 10:17 PM
Nate acquires keys from Carthage, somehow, then breezes out to the car with Shana in tow. He gets Ace settled in the back. "<Want the front seat, or do you ride with Ace?>" Shana quietly takes the front seat. Ace pokes his nose in between their seats, which doesn't make for safe driving, but whatever. He starts off down the road. <"So what's this you were saying earlier about a boy?">

Kell_tamer
2015-11-20, 10:22 PM
Shana pets Ace's head and looks up at Nate. "<A cute boy at school. he l-l-likes comics, and wants to write one that I can d-d-draw.>" She's a bit red but smiling.

Her face darkens a bit though. "<Is m-m-miller really that dangerous? like is he gonna actually try and kill me?>" She pulls her legs up and rests her knees under her chin. "<Are m-m-my friends and family safe?>"

JonRG
2015-11-20, 11:13 PM
Nate's guts twist, though he keeps his eyes on the road. How do you tell a child that she's just been dragged into a ****ing war? Calmly and slowly, I guess. Kid would have to know. <"Miller... Miller killed for a long time. Then, when they locked him up, he kept killing people in prison, so he's rather good at it. And I won't lie. He'll try to hurt you. Guy didn't target families much, and the Machine usually doesn't think along those lines. They probably won't bother... unless you vanish and they got no other way to draw you out. Still, better safe than sorry. And it's okay to be scared. I don't think there's any one of us that isn't. Fear keeps you sharp but only if you work through it. Can't let the fear rule you because then you give him power."> He takes one hand off the wheel and puts his arm around Shana. <"Sorry to bring down the mood... Tell me more about this boy? What's his name?">

Kell_tamer
2015-11-20, 11:39 PM
Shana looks really glum, then begins to sniffle a bit. The waterworks come out next. "<... Why? why is he doing this? w-w-what did we do? what d-d-did I do?>" She looks up at Nate. "<I'm j-j-just a kid. I h-h-haven't even figured out who I am yet... And this whole b-b-beast thing, its just another layer.... and he j-j-just wants me dead because i'm d-d-different?>" She plants her face into her arms. "<and t-t-taylor... he could g-g-get hurt because of t-t-thi... She trails off and sits up "MERDE" She points back to the bar. "I left his p-p-present on the table!"

kids huh?

JonRG
2015-11-21, 05:00 PM
There's a sharp pain in Nate's chest, like he's taken one of Miller's knives a few inches behind his sternum. <"It's okay, kid. We're gonna do everything we can to make sure you don't get hurt. Taylor shouldn't have anything to fear from Miller."> It's a relief when Shana's mind switches tracks. Means that she's at least still functional. "Right." Nate pulls an incredibly illegal bootleg turn and back they go to Walker's. He screeches to a halt in one of the parking spots. <"I can go back in if you'd rather not let them see you. Otherwise, pull yourself together a bit, or I worry Carthage will... be himself."> Once Shana has calmed down a bit, Nate clambers out of the car and walks her into Walker's. "So, I'd really appreciate if ya kept this between us," he says quietly in English. Then he glances at the assembled crowd of (still) bickering adults. "Howdy. Kid forgot somethin'."

Okay, got everyone back in the bar and ready for Josie's thing, so no one do anything that would ruin that!

Kell_tamer
2015-11-21, 05:42 PM
Shana nods and takes a deep breath before coming back in with Nate.

Obscurejones
2015-11-21, 10:52 PM
Carthage looks up from his phone. Shows Nate the car's gps app. Quirks an eyebrow.
"Wonderful driving, Tex."

josienoms
2015-11-21, 10:53 PM
When Nate comes back into the bar, Walker comes over and pulls him aside.

"Glad you came back. Listen, I saw what Zoe handed you, and I know what it is. I'm going to need you to give that to me, Nate. Right now."

He holds out his hand, as if ready to take it.

"It's not a request. I won't take no for an answer."

Walker speaking in full sentences? That's odd. And being so upfront and blunt about this? Also odd. Something's fishy.

JonRG
2015-11-21, 10:58 PM
Nate presses his lips together in a troubled line. "Why?"

josienoms
2015-11-21, 11:00 PM
Walker's face goes flat.

"Trust me. I can't tell you why, but I need it."

Nate notices another thing that's wonky about this whole situation. Walker's eyes are brown. And yet... This Walker has blue eyes.

Walker isn't Walker.

It's an Angel.

Kell_tamer
2015-11-21, 11:18 PM
Shana slips back to the table and grabs the picture. Couldn't leave that behind! It's for Taylor!

JonRG
2015-11-21, 11:30 PM
Nate nods and offers a small smile. "I'm sure that ya do." He struggles into the extremely tight pockets of his skinny jeans with his left hand. While the angel's focus is so fiercely planted there, his right hand reaches under his left armpit. "Yanno, we were talkin' about Buffalo earlier. Great name. Can make an entire sentence out of just that word. 'Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.'" Nate whips out his Glock, a mirthless smile plastered across his face. "But this here's Ithaca... angel." Then he pulls the trigger.

CHAOS REIGNS!

Dex+Firearms+Willpower: [roll0]

Kell_tamer
2015-11-21, 11:34 PM
Shana screams and ducks her head at the gunshot.

josienoms
2015-11-21, 11:43 PM
The bullet blasts a hole in the left side of "Walker's" face.

There's a fraction of a second of silence.

Shadow growls furiously and starts to get hairy. David screams.

"Nate, what the ****?"

And then... The Angel clenches its fists, and levels its gaze at Nate, despite the gaping facial wound.

"Clever. I've been impersonating Walker since last night, and managed to fool everyone else. If only Zuriel hadn't managed to get captured, this all would have gone much more smoothly."

Shadow, Tim, and David stare in stunned shock.

Now it's time for initiative rolls!

ChaosArchon
2015-11-22, 12:57 AM
When Nate shoots Walker, Zoe freezes. She begins to try to say something, only to hear "Walker" confess to begin a f***king angel.

In an instant Zoe dashes towards to the empyrean prick, and in her wake the bar can hear her angrily shout,"Chert poberi, pochemu vy ne davayte!" Once she reaches it, her arm darts out to clasp its lying throat and impel towards the floor.

Translation: God dammit, why won't You let us be!

anyway to the rolls, burning a point of WP so now at 2/4 WP

Strength (4)+ Brawl (4)+ Willpower (3): [roll0]

JonRG
2015-11-22, 01:22 AM
Nate spins on his heel, wiping the blood from his face with a black sleeve. Beasts had this. He had something more important to take care of. Nate ducks his head under one of the bar tables, not even reacting to the giant dog barking in his face. <"Bonjour!"> he calls over the noise. <"Is there room for one more?">

Kell_tamer
2015-11-22, 01:27 AM
Shana is under the table shaking, her head pressed against ace's fur. She'd never heard a gunshot before. and an Angel? She wasn't ready for this!

"<I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!>" Her eyes are slammed shut as she continues chanting it to herself. her legs are shaking. The other sound is ace barking at... well everything.

JonRG
2015-11-22, 01:53 AM
Nate slides under the table next to her. <"No. You are not."> This is a pure and absolute Truth, straight from a guardian of reality. The most stubborn first-year Philosophy student could only meekly nod in response. <"You, and everyone you know, will be fine. Here, take a couple nice, deep breaths."> Time to take advantage of Michael's experience. Get the kid centered, or failing that, at least not losing her goddamn mind.

Lilyflower
2015-11-22, 02:03 PM
Emily flinches at the sudden gunshot.

"What the shi-", followed by the proclamation of angelity. She charges the angel, putting her full weight behind smashing her elbow into the thing.

[roll0]

Obscurejones
2015-11-22, 02:33 PM
"Huh. Thought this was a little dry."
Sipping some more from his drink Nate skips up and gives a little soccer style kick to the Angel's floor bound skull.
2 brawl + 2 Strength +3 Willpower Killer instinct allows me to ignore up to 3/3 armor [roll0]

Kell_tamer
2015-11-22, 03:24 PM
Shana hugs her dog tightly but after a moment, opens an eye. She looks over at nate. "<y-y-you have a g-g-gun!>" She sinks a bit closer into Ace's fur. "<y-y-you shot h-h-him!>" Nate can hear the almost clap of Shana's knees hitting each other as her legs shake

JonRG
2015-11-22, 07:03 PM
Nate smiles, but it's not like any smile she's seen him wear before. It's a little sad. He hugs Shana as best he can with Ace in the way. <"I know, but that wasn't Walker, which means..."> He rubs her outer arm absentmindedly. <"Someone took him, and Walker has a wife. He has friends. People who love him."> Nate casts his eyes downward. Carthage's words echo in his head. True, but I don't think anyone has ever loved you.

The doc may be many things, but he wasn't wrong.

josienoms
2015-11-22, 11:02 PM
Zoe is able to grab the angel by the throat. Emily and Carthage also connect with their strikes, but don't knock it out of Zoe's grip.

The angel laughs, his ragged face a cruel parody of Walker's.

"It doesn't matter what you do to me. I'm just a Messenger. I've already fulfilled my Purpose."

It blinks out of sight, and reappears near the door.

Okay, it spent 2 Essence to teleport, but in doing so used up its whole turn. It's now Elias's turn, I believe.

OracleofSilence
2015-11-23, 12:59 AM
Elias stumbles back slightly at the gunshot, more out shock then anything else (was New York even a concealed carry state? did it even matter at this point) as the situation develops, a few things become clear. Everyone else ****ed up, and Elias was the only one in a position to do anything about it right now. Fortunately, the bar had not been cleaned yet. Even more fortunately then that, no one was between him and the angel now. "Right *******, this is for failing to die right." A scourging wind, carrying dust, napkins, and bits of leftover food spreads from Elias's position spraying itself across "Walker's" face, covering his eye's and, hopefully, delaying any more of his little tricks.

Dex+Athletics+Willpower [roll0]
Any rerolls [roll1] (apply left to right.

josienoms
2015-11-23, 11:31 AM
The angel throws up its hands, not able to shield its eyes in time. It's blinded, which has temporarily shut down its ability to teleport.

Due to a misreading on my part, it is now Shana's turn. It should have been hers this time. Whoops!

Kell_tamer
2015-11-23, 11:59 AM
Shana takes a deep breath. She looks over at the angel. "...He took W-w-walker? He wants to hurt all of us? He's w-w-working with m-m-miller?" She gets up from her place under the booth. "HEY!" She shouts at the angel.

Next thing is the sound of breaking wood as the entire booth is ripped from the floor and smashes into the wall and out the door.

Shana stands there, breathing heavily.

"connard..."

Spending a Satiety so cyclopean strength lets me throw an object of size 10 and ignore subtracting its size. Josie has so kindly allowed me to apply strength to this roll, so Strength 3 Athletics 2 Specialty (Large Objects) 1 and spending a willpower for 3 more dice. Cyclopean strength also allows me to apply 1 success (ruled to be strictly if i roll any for damage)

[roll0]

if any rerolls occur go left to right
[roll1]

josienoms
2015-11-23, 12:03 PM
Before it can react, the angel is outside, but not like it wanted to be. Splinters of shattered doorway litter the street, and the light in its eyes goes out. The corpse shifts into a more fluid looking mechanical form.

Lilyflower
2015-11-23, 12:11 PM
"wow"
Emily stands up and looks around at the assorted people. "Is everyone okay? Any injuries?"

JonRG
2015-11-23, 12:13 PM
Nate squints as light pours into his formerly darkened hiding spot. That... that was unexpected. He rises slowly to his feet , giving Shana any help she needs. "Dang," Nate says in a hushed, almost reverent, tone. He pats Shana on the head. "Way ta go, kid." Nate then claps his hands together. "Arright. Change of plans, people. Forget Miller fer now. We find Walker."

josienoms
2015-11-23, 12:28 PM
After the crash, Walker's wife, Valerie, comes running into the room from the door that leads to their apartment upstairs. She looks disheveled and has a rifle clutched in her hands.

"What the **** just happened?"

Kell_tamer
2015-11-23, 12:29 PM
Shana still heavily breathing looks down at her hands, then to where the booth was, her now probably freaked out dog, and at nate. "I.. j-j-ust did that?"

She looks up at Valerie then at the now bigger doorway and looks down guiltily....

Obscurejones
2015-11-23, 02:33 PM
"There was an Angel impersonating your husband. Shana removed it. And part of the door. And a booth. Removals all around."
Carthage nods and takes another sip of his drink.
"We need to find your husband, as I doubt you're going to make me a refill."

JonRG
2015-11-23, 08:25 PM
Nate breathes a small sigh. Then again, that was downright diplomatic for Carthage. "He's been missin' since last night. Angel couldn't steal his face, but it could make somethin' very close. So the eye color's wrong. It's an inch shorter. Maybe five or ten pounds lighter. Then all it's gotta do is avoid Valerie, stand behind the bar, an' grunt at folks." He taps out a message to Raleigh. <The GM kidnapped my landlord. Can you help?> He drums a finger against the side of his phone, then places a call to Palmer.

josienoms
2015-11-23, 11:42 PM
Ace whimpers, his tail tucked between his legs. He crawls over to Shana with his head down and his ears flattened back against his skull. He rolls over, showing her his belly in a sign of submission.

Valerie looks furious. Not at what Carthage said, but about Walker being taken.

"Can't those bastards just leave my family the **** alone? One peaceful year is all I ask..."

She does, however, get Carthage a refill.

Nate gets two replies!

A text from Raleigh: <"Yeah, of course. Where are you? I'll head right over.">

And an answer from Palmer: "Nate! Couldn't resist calling me back, could you?"

She giggles softly.

Kell_tamer
2015-11-23, 11:51 PM
Shana looks down at Ace and beckons him up. "<no no no... your a good boy... a g-g-good boy.>" She speaks softly and is crouched. As if to help she reaches into her pocket and pulls out one of the biscuits she carries for their walks. "<you did n-n-nothing wrong boy...>" She holds the treat out for him.

Obscurejones
2015-11-24, 01:10 AM
Carthage looks down at his full drink for a moment.
"...All joking aside? The service here is ****ing phenomenal."
Taking another sip he thinks for a moment, rolling the thought around in his head. With an annoyed sigh he sets his drink down and walks over to Shana.
"Thank you, Shana. I'm not sure any of us could have handled that as... Efficiently as you did. That being said I'd like you to talk to your mother about moving your appointment up. I can make space in my schedule if you can."

JonRG
2015-11-24, 09:06 AM
Nate laughs. "Haha. Of course not. How are you? ... Good, good. Listen, Walker's been kidnapped. Can ya meet us at the bar? Could use yer help on a couple of levels." With lightning speed, he types a reply to Raleigh. <At Walker's. With the goof troop, but they're easily led.>

Kell_tamer
2015-11-24, 09:19 AM
Shana looks guilty again, but she nods.

Obscurejones
2015-11-24, 11:36 AM
"Shana, what you did was to defend your friends and Walker's home. You have no reason to be guilty. Do you understand? As Nate will tell you, I won't hesitate to tell you if you have a reason to feel bad. Tonight you did good. You helped people."

Kell_tamer
2015-11-24, 11:57 AM
Shana blinks and looks up. A smile crosses her face. She gives the doctor a hug and really that says it all. She turns to Nate and does the same.

JonRG
2015-11-24, 04:13 PM
"Awww. Right back atcha, kiddo." Once they part, Nate realizes something and sends a follow-up message to Raleigh. <BTW what do I call you once you get here?>

Obscurejones
2015-11-24, 10:39 PM
"Well that's about as much saccharine as I can stomach. Valerie do you have any legal pads laying around?"

josienoms
2015-11-24, 11:36 PM
Ace gets up and nuzzles against Shana's leg. His whimpering stops after a few moments, and he relaxes visibly. After a few pets and treats, he's wagging his tail happily.

Valerie digs through a drawer behind the bar, and tosses Carthage a pad of paper.

Palmer's voice falters when she hears the news about Walker.

"The boss is in trouble? Be there in two seconds."

Two seconds later, before Raleigh can even reply, Palmer walks out of a door that leads into a room everyone was sure was empty. The joys of being a Mastigos! Palmer is a young woman, Walker's apprentice. She's very tall, and to put it bluntly, totally stacked. Her hair is usually blonde, but she has it dyed a bright shade of blue. She looks around the room.

"Huh. Who broke the door?"

Raleigh texts Nate back: <"Be right there. Call me Elizabeth. Lizzie if you wanna be flirty. ;P">

Obscurejones
2015-11-24, 11:47 PM
Pulling a sharpie from his pocket Carthage puts together a quick handmade sign.
"Hey Nate!"
The sign reads as such.

"Nate et Catamitus! Nate fellat omnes!"

JonRG
2015-11-24, 11:59 PM
"Arright, see ya in a few." Nate looks up from his phone and then pockets it. "Damn. You weren't kidding." He offers her a friendly hug before a serious expression crosses his face. "So, yeah. Member of the Guardians in good standin' got grabbed by the God Machine from their accorded neutral territory. Which is funny, 'cause they likely did it ta avoid any wizard meddlin' with their plan. Think you could run that up the chain?" He hides his glee. Not really appropriate given Walker's situation, but with any luck, they had one supernatural organization on their side. More to follow. Nate raises an eyebrow at Carthage, then shakes his head. "Yer weird, dude."

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 12:05 AM
"I keep myself entertained. It can't all be life or death. If you're going to be wizard wrangling I can run Shana back to the library."
Carthage turns.
"That alright with you? I can teach you how to call Nate a knob in punic while we drive."

Kell_tamer
2015-11-25, 12:08 AM
Shana nods. "M-m-merci.."

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 12:12 AM
"...Alright, no joke? I need to learn to french. It's annoying as hell speaking five languages and the only one anyone else can speak is considered the cultural wasteland of the world."
Settling his tab with a couple twenties more then needed Carthage heads for the door.
"Ace like to ride up front or in the back? ...Come to think of it, where's he waiting at the library?"

Kell_tamer
2015-11-25, 12:34 AM
Shana looks up at Carthage, then down at Ace. "M-m-my parents always assume the l-l-library is cool with it. They haven't p-p-put the fact I o-o-only bring books home when ace isn't with me together yet..."

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 12:37 AM
"Fair enough."
Heading out to the car Carthage rummages through his glovebox before stepping aside to let Shana hop in. Scribbling on a prescription pad he hands her the resulting script.
"That'll... Eh, it might work. If it doesn't have them call the number at the top and I'll give them the authority figure voice. Or just offer to pay for anything Ace noms."

Kell_tamer
2015-11-25, 12:40 AM
Shana glances at it. She looks back up and nods.

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 12:41 AM
Carthage starts up the car and wheels towards the library.
"Music preference? We've got just about everything but death metal in here."

Kell_tamer
2015-11-25, 12:48 AM
Shana snaps her fingers. "d-d-dang... no megadeath..." she grins a bit.

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 12:53 AM
"I try. Really I do. A patient will tell me it's listenable, magazines tell me I'll like Mastodon, but... I just can't. Can't do it."

Kell_tamer
2015-11-25, 12:58 AM
Shana waves her hand in a so so manner. "M-m-mastadon is alright... they have their ups and d-d-downs..." She looks back at ace. "d-d-do you have ride of the v-v-valkyries? Ace h-h-howls along to it. its k-k-kind of adorable."

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 01:01 AM
"Ace has phenomenal taste. Although, if I ever have to ride into battle I reserve the right to pretend I didn't use my Valkyries montage moment on driving a preteen to the library. No offense."
After a few swipes at the car's console the music kicks in and Carthage drives in amiable silence.

josienoms
2015-11-25, 10:36 AM
Palmer frowns, but nods.

"Yeah, I'll talk to them about it. The Guardians don't take too kindly to this kind of stuff. Chances are you're about to get a lot more magical muscle. Anything else I can do to help? Need a tracking spell, or anything?"

As the mighty chords of Wagner wind down, Carthage pulls up to the library. Shana can see her dad's car around the corner, with him sitting inside looking at his phone.

Kell_tamer
2015-11-25, 10:49 AM
Shanaquickly thanks Carthage and sends ace out ahead of her. She has him distract papa so she can make it seem like she was just following behind.
"Bonjur!"

1 die

[roll0]

JonRG
2015-11-25, 12:13 PM
Nate sighs with relief. Everything was going to plan. "Great idea. I've got my own thing to do, soon as our other guest arrives." He walks over to the bar and pockets the now-cool shell casing. "An' can somebody muscly get this **** back inside? Someone's bound ta notice it, magic or no." Nate gestures to the shattered booth littering the sidewalk.

Obscurejones
2015-11-25, 06:12 PM
Watching Shana try to pull a fast one carthage groans.
"I swear to god this Cindy Lou Who to to the Grinch ****'s going to stop tomorrow. And I'm eating someone tonight if it kills me."
With a heavy sigh Carthage hops out the car and jogs into the Library. Once inside he flags Peter down with a wave and a grin.
"Hope you haven't been waiting too long, Mr. Collins. My fault I'm afraid."

josienoms
2015-11-26, 12:43 AM
It takes some lifting, but Shadow and Palmer end up getting the booth back inside. Walker's poor Volkswagon was pretty beat up by the whole incident. Luckily no one else was outside at the time, or any other cars parked there. Questions wouldn't be good.

Several minutes later, an adorable young woman enters the bar. Nate obviously knows it's Raleigh, but it's time for group introductions! She smiles and hugs him when she gets inside.

"So... Who broke the door?"

Meanwhile, Peter frowns softly.

"Well, I'm glad she was with someone I trust. You had me worried for a moment, ma chere. I came to pick you up because I don't feel safe with you running around at night with a killer on the loose. I doubt he's around here, but of course I would rather be careful. Thank you, Dr. Allen."

He offers Carthage his hand to shake.

"And please, Shana... Don't lie to me like this again. If you feel you need to see your doctor, just tell me. There's no need to be embarrassed or to make false trips to the library."

Kell_tamer
2015-11-26, 12:45 AM
Shana looks down at the ground. "yes sir..."

internally she breathes a sigh of relief.

Obscurejones
2015-11-26, 01:10 AM
"I hope you won't mind but one of the things we discussed was honesty with yourself and her mother. How is Mrs. Collins doing? I haven't spoken to her since Shana had to switch doctors."
She still a French fox?

JonRG
2015-11-26, 01:37 AM
Nate's face lights up when Ral- Elizabeth appears in the doorway. "Heeeeeey, Lizzie." He scratches the back of his neck. "Oh, that. Uh... Shana kinda hulked out. Cute kid, but don't get her mad." Nate presents Elizabeth to the assembled crowd. "Everyone, this is Elizabeth. Elizabeth, this is Palmer, Valerie, Zoe, Maya," there's not even a hitch as he reaches Emily and Elias, "Gladys an' DJ Jazzy Jeff." Nate grins like an idiot. "An' if ya come this way, I'll introduce another 'friend.'" His meaning should be clear. They had talked about the angel last night. He takes her by the hand and leads her to a back booth against the wall. Taking the corner seat, Nate extracts a battered, old laptop from his messenger bag. "Arright," he says in a hushed yet serious tone, "I've taped the webcam, disconnected the mic, an' removed the wireless card. That shouldn't leave it any way ta call out or perceive us." He wriggles the flash drive out of his pocket while the laptop boots. "Here goes nothin'." Nate goes to plug in the flash drive.

josienoms
2015-11-26, 11:53 AM
Peter smiles softly.

"She's doing very well. And I thank you once more for meeting with her, Dr. Allen. I'll take Shana home."

He puts his hand on his daughter's shoulder and steers her back towards his car.

At Walker's, in the privacy of the back booth, the laptop boots up, and the screen flickers for a moment with static. The desktop warps, and it's replaced with the dull green on green glow of a much older computer. Text starts appearing on the screen, in bright green letters.

"The God-Machine will find you. My brother Angels will rescue me. You are doomed."

JonRG
2015-11-26, 12:22 PM
"I'm quakin' in my Chucks." Nate beams and gives Raleigh's hand a quick squeeze. Then he types back, <You refer to the Walker impostor. It is no more. A shame. It was a rather skilled infiltrator, but your rescue forced its hand. Made it careless.>

Lilyflower
2015-11-26, 02:03 PM
"Gladys? Do I look like a Gladys?" Emily sighs and shakes her head. "Anyone who thinks they have a clever answer to that, you don't, because it isn't. My name is Emily! You could have just asked!"

Obscurejones
2015-11-26, 06:09 PM
Shana's crisis handled Carthage drives to the clinic. Slipping in through the back door he heads to his office. Starts searching his Rolodex for someone sufficiently annoying.
"Rude vendor, annoying voice, lazy patient..."

JonRG
2015-11-28, 04:55 PM
"Sorry, Glad- uh, Emily. I'm Nate. Nice ta meetcha." He stares vacantly at the screen before him. "I'm kinda occupied over here, but I'll be with ya in a minute or two. How's about you keep my man DJ Jazzy Jeff company? Eh, eh?"

josienoms
2015-11-28, 11:42 PM
As Carthage flips through his rolodex, he finds the perfect person to make disappear. Not a patient, but the parent of one. Who seems to think that all of psychiatry is pure quackery, and that her son just needs to suck it up and get over his "bipolar disorder". She refuses to pick up the medication Carthage prescribes, and the only reason the kid ever makes it to his appointments is because his dad brings him. (They're divorced, of course.)

As Peter gets into the car, he starts it and begins to drive home.

"Shana, we need to talk. I'm not going to tell your mother what happened here tonight, on one condition. You tell me why were you lying in the first place. You have no need to be embarrassed, your mother and I love you no matter what."

Back at Walker's, Zuriel responds to Nate through more text.

"Impossible. Enoch wouldn't be so careless as to break its cover to rescue me. You must have done something to make it reveal itself. This does make my rescue... problematic."

Meanwhile, outside the bar, an unmarked police car pulls up, with its normally hidden lights flashing. A plainclothes detective steps out and looks around, his hands in the pockets of his heavy coat.

Obscurejones
2015-11-29, 08:10 AM
Whistling happily to himself Carthage takes a moment to memorize the woman's address. That done he has a sudden pang of conscience and double checks that the ex husband's insurance will still be enough to cover the child's bills.

Mind settled he heads out to his car and pulls out the road map tucked behind the driver's seat. He plots out a route that will take him to the bar or all night diner nearest the woman's home. Route set he fires up the engine and starts driving.

JonRG
2015-11-29, 12:10 PM
Merciless machine in Heaven, Zuriel sounded downright concerned. Mortal wouldn't even bat an eye at the response, but angelic emotions were muted, intellectual shadows of the genuine article. However, they were no less able to drive their owner to react. Nate bites back a curse at the detective's arrival. Someone must have heard the gunshot and called the cops. No doubt the guy was skeptical, and it would take the lightest of touches to persuade him to beat it. Luckily, he had just the person in mind. "Lizzie, darlin'?" Nate whispers into her ear, "Wouldja mind goin' 'round the back an' convincin' the nice man outside ta move along?" He flashes his gaze towards the detective.

To Zuriel, he types, <"Accurate, if not perhaps understated. However, all is not lost. Where is Walker?">

Kell_tamer
2015-11-29, 12:16 PM
Shana looks down. "<g-g-going through... s-s-stuff...>" She folds her arms around herself "<g-g-girl stuff...>"

OracleofSilence
2015-11-29, 02:24 PM
"Ah. Something... concerning has reared it's head." Elias smiles tightly at Emily and inclines his head towards the street. "Now then Gladys. If you don't mind, I've got a cop to talk to. Or something else, I suppose. Might not be a cop at all, eh?" Elias swings his backpack across his shoulders and heads out a side door, swinging through an alley, then approaching the officer, examining him carefully as he does.. "Officer! So glad to see you! You know, it's been quite a trying night here, and I was hoping that there would be a some legal attention soon."

Spending as many instant actions as I can fit into that space to multi-ping this guy with Eye of Heaven. Each on reveals one of the following. His virtue and Vice, A current Aspiration, His spot on his version of the Integrity track. Any supernatural strengths or vulnerabilities. Maybe something else, but my Explorer.exe has crashed and I don't have time to look it up on drive.

ChaosArchon
2015-11-29, 08:59 PM
Zoe scoots up next to Emily, and in a hushed tone says,"So, two angels in two days huh. Looks like they'll eventually learn to avoid the two of us."

josienoms
2015-11-30, 10:20 AM
Carthage pulls up to the house, and the lights are on. It's about 8:00 in the evening by now, and there's one car parked outside.

Back in the bar, Raleigh nods, kisses Nate on the cheek, and heads out. She meets Elias along the way to go talk to the cop!

Meanwhile, Zuriel makes more text appear on the screen.

"Walker was taken to a Splinter Reality. He's alive, but in a world that is inconsequential to the God-Machine's plans. A world of darkness, from which he will not escape."

In the car, Peter makes a few noncommittal noises, but nods his head.

"I see. Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of, ma chere. Next time, just tell... your mother. Or Anne."

Outside Walker's the cop looks to Elias and Raleigh. He raises an eyebrow.

"Well, we take all reports of gunshots very seriously. Can either of you tell me what happened here?"

He flashes an ID badge that reveals his identity as Detective Austin Shirley.

Okay, Eye of Heaven Pings one thing per turn, only the activation is Instant. So first Ping: His Virtue is Prudence.

Obscurejones
2015-11-30, 11:33 AM
Parking his car at the nearby Diner Carthage walks to the house and knocks on the doorbell. Whistles t himself while he waits, idly looking around for a home security system or nosy neighbors.

JonRG
2015-11-30, 09:07 PM
Nate makes a small intrigued noise in his throat. Zuriel could be lying through its teeth, but that wouldn't be good for its long-term survival. <"That is problematic. Where in this new world would the God-Machine have hidden Walker?"> He had a few guesses himself, but it would be easier to narrow the search. Nate flicks his gaze to Palmer and her tracking spell.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-05, 10:43 AM
Shana nods and idly scratches Ace's head as it pokes through the middle of the front seats.

"s-s-so, how was work? still b-b-backed up?" Shana changes the conversation over. This was one of the small bits of time she could talk with just her dad. She took it.

Lilyflower
2015-12-07, 10:57 PM
Emily shrugs. "I'd rather they come after me anyway, rather than someone who couldn't defend themself."

josienoms
2015-12-08, 11:08 AM
Carthage's knock on the doorbell is answered. A short, plump and unpleasant woman answers the door. He remembers having dealt with her before, and just how rude and horrible she's been to him. Especially the times she's called him a fraud.

"What are you doing here?"

Zuriel makes more text flash across the screen.

"In Ithaca, of course. A city where Walker can see the consequences of his failures. His own personal Hell."

Peter, while driving, smiles softly.

"Oh, things are starting to get better. I know I've complained a lot recently, but now that some progress has been made, it shouldn't take too long to get everything sorted out."

He turns his head to look at Shana at a stoplight.

"So, there's something else I wanted to talk to you about, and it's not a bad thing. Your sister tells me you met a boy..."

Kell_tamer
2015-12-08, 12:13 PM
Shana turns bright red. She nods. "T-t-taylor. The b-b-boy who was over the other n-n-night." She wraps her arms around herself a bit bracing for a lot of stipulations about hanging out with Taylor now.

In TV and comics dads were always super protective of their daughters.

ChaosArchon
2015-12-08, 12:19 PM
Zoe nods,"That's a good way to look at it. So how have you been since the last fight?"

JonRG
2015-12-08, 05:14 PM
Even angels liked to taunt, Nate guessed. Though something still bothered him. Zuriel had said 'Ithaca'. It implied their prisoner wasn't confined or restrained, which... Of course he wasn't. Walker would realize he was a prisoner then. It would give him context. Hope of rescue. This... Walker was trapped in a world where his family and friends didn't exist, his magic didn't work as normal - if at all, and he couldn't even hit the God Machine back. <Thank you, Zuriel. Rest well. The day will come.> Nate yanks the drive out before it can think too long on those words. "Valerie!" Nate calls, beckoning her over. When she appears, he continues, "Where would Walker go in Ithaca if he were alone an' in trouble? Gimme the whole list. Quick as ya can swing it."

Obscurejones
2015-12-11, 01:19 AM
"Good evening, Ms. I was in the neighborhood and was wondering if you'd like to go for a walk and discuss your son's treatment?"
Presence 1 + Satiety 8 [roll0]
Oppose by a pool of the housewife's resolve.
HOLY... See, this is not good.

JonRG
2015-12-11, 09:08 AM
While Valerie replies, Nate taps out a message to Carthage under the table. <What the **** is taking you so long? Get back here. I know where Walker is.>

Something to offer Carthage an easy exit if he needs it. Alternatively, just ignore it.

Lilyflower
2015-12-11, 10:11 PM
"Aside from the occasional fight, my life is boring, I'm afraid. Not much to do but look for work."

ChaosArchon
2015-12-13, 07:34 PM
Zoe nods,"Well hey I think my firm is looking for a new para-legal or secretary, if either of those interest you. I could put in a good word if you want."

josienoms
2015-12-13, 07:56 PM
Peter laughs.

"Oh, he's the one? Then I have nothing to worry about. He's a very nice boy. Polite, respectful. I like him. I thought you hadn't told your mother or me about him because he was someone we wouldn't approve of."

Valerie comes over to Nate, and starts to list off the places.

"First he'd come here, no question. Then he'd try David and Tim's place. If there was stil no luck, he'd try the local Guardians, like Palmer. After that... I'm not sure. He'd probably try to leave town if he couldn't find Shadow or you. He might try to find Omar if there was no other option."

The Extremely Edible Housewife falls under Carthage's sway. She agrees to go with him, or at least appears to. It's not like she really has a choice!

Raleigh steps in to deal with the police officer. The two of them talk for a bit, then she comes back inside.

"Nate, a word?"

She pulls him aside.

"He's no cop. Elias seemed fooled, but... His ID is totally faked."

Kell_tamer
2015-12-13, 08:00 PM
Shana smiles. She then frowns a bit. "I f-f-feel a bit bad for him. It's c-c-clear his family isn't as w-w-well off as ours." She looks at her dad. "I am w-w-worried I might embarrass him unintentionally."

Lilyflower
2015-12-13, 08:08 PM
"It would help a lot, as long as it doesn't need much specialized knowledge. For that matter, I don't even have a high school diploma. ...I finished high school!" she adds quickly. "I just didn't stick around for graduation. But I can try my best at being a secretary or the like."

Obscurejones
2015-12-13, 09:07 PM
Carthage does a little mental math.
"Ma'am, if you could be so kind could you tell me if you have any handcuffs of zip ties in the house? If so, would you please go get them and then walk with me to my car."

JonRG
2015-12-13, 09:25 PM
Nate gives a slight nod. "Arright. Guess it's time ta go out an' say hello." He meanders out the back door and goes around the block, finally stopping a few feet away from Detective Shirley. "Officer. Howdy! I jus' wanted ta thank ya for bein' so polite ta my girl. She was born in China, an', well... their cops ain't as nice as y'all." Nate offers a hand for the man to shake. "Before ya go, though, I would really appreciate it if ya showed some ID." He keeps his hand outstretched. Clearly would not settle for the quick flash.

ChaosArchon
2015-12-14, 12:18 AM
Zoe thinks for a moment. "Hmm I might be able to help you get the secretary job." She reaches into her jacket and pulls out a business card which says Smith & Eastern. "Here is the card for my firm, the address is listed below my name. The interviews start next week so just come over any time then and I can put in a good word for you." She pauses,"Hell I can do that right now, be right back."

She then walks away and and begins dialing a number.

josienoms
2015-12-18, 11:20 PM
Peter nods as he pulls into the driveway of their house.

"You're a very tactful young lady. I'm sure he'll understand."

After a brief pause,

"At any rate, I'd like to invite his parents over for dinner. Just so we can all get to know each other."

The Extremely Edible Housewife goes into the house, and comes back with a bag of zip ties.

"Will this do?"

Outside Walker's, the cop nods and shakes Nate's hand. He holds up his ID, and sure enough, to Nate's eyes it appears as a very good fake. It's not Infrastructure, though, he can tell that much. But it's not a normal fake ID either.

"I understand completely, but I do have a few more questions. Why hasn't Walker come out to talk to me? I know he's the owner of the bar, and it just seems suspicious that after a reported gunshot, the only people coming out to talk to the police are random patrons."

Obscurejones
2015-12-18, 11:35 PM
"Wonderful. Now we're going to go for a drive, alright? Alright."
Walking back to the car with his long pig in tow Carthage whistles a happy tune.

JonRG
2015-12-18, 11:40 PM
Yup, definitely a super, and one who should really know better than to tell possible mundies about Walker's. "Not unfair questions. But first, I need ya ta answer one a-mine. " Nate's eyes bore into the detective's. "Who do you really work for?"

Kell_tamer
2015-12-18, 11:42 PM
Shana smiles. "I can a-a-ask him, or call h-h-his parents."

This was turning out alright. She let her body relax and unfolded herself so she was sitting normally in the car.

ChaosArchon
2015-12-19, 12:33 AM
The cop raises an eyebrow and then shrugs,"Nobody, was in the area and heard the shots. Figured if something hinky was going down, it would be at Walker's. Call it an investigator's intuition."

JonRG
2015-12-19, 12:37 AM
Nate shakes his head. "Bull****. Ya don't commit two felonies playin' dress-up on intuition. I know ya don't work for the Ithaca Police Department. Now, I'll ask again. Who do you work for?"

ChaosArchon
2015-12-19, 01:02 AM
The fake cop's cheeks flush red and he replies,"I really am not here at the behest of some employer." The second part of his reply is somewhat mumbled but you could hear the words "Doctor" and "Whose convention."

Obscurejones
2015-12-19, 01:10 AM
A few short hours later the good doctor realizes the gravity of his mistake.
"Where the hell does a guy buy a meat cooler this late at night?"

JonRG
2015-12-19, 01:15 AM
Nate works his jaw. This guy... This guy might actually be telling the truth. Helpful. Meant he wouldn't have to shoot him. "Okay then," he continues in a softer tone. "What's yer name an' how'd ya know Walker?"

Obscurejones
2015-12-19, 01:25 AM
Scratching his head Carthage fires off a text to Nate.
<Where the hell does a person buy a meat cooler at this time of night? Side note: Do you prefer bacon or tenderloins? I'm making smoked pork.>

ChaosArchon
2015-12-19, 01:26 AM
The would-be cop imposter grins, and his slight British accent becomes more pronounced,"Well that's easy. My name is Eligos, Thomas Eligos; and Walker and I travel in similar circles."

JonRG
2015-12-19, 01:55 AM
Nate grunts. "London? Arright. C'mon in, 'cause I ain't givin' this speech more'n once." He sticks a foot out to hold the door open for Eligos. "Palmeeeeeeeeeer! This British nerd followed me home. Ya know 'im?"

While waiting for her reply, Nate taps out a message on his phone. <Walmart's open 24 hours. You coming back any time soon? And, uh, bacon I guess.>

Obscurejones
2015-12-19, 01:58 AM
<There shall be ample Bacon! Bacon for days son. I'm a put a bacon in you, in my lawyer, in random people on the street. So much bacon.>
A few seconds later a second text.
<I may be overstating my production capacities. I'm guessing forty pounds of bacon. Maybe ten of loin. Butchering is awesome.>

josienoms
2015-12-19, 11:57 PM
Peter smiles as he steps out of the car.

"Let me know what they say, ma chere."

Back at Walker's, Palmer looks around the corner and sees Eligos.

"Who, Eligos? Yeah, he's alright. His biggest flaw is he watches too much Doctor Who."

She giggles and rolls her eyes.

"Can't even bother with Star Trek like a proper nerd."

JonRG
2015-12-20, 01:21 AM
Nate rolls his eyes. Never get between a psychopath and his hobbies. <Take that as a no. Text me when you're done. We're on a clock here.> Putting the phone away, he grins at Palmer. "That works for me. Siddown, dorklord. We ain't got much time." Nate rubs his hands together and paces the room. "Okay! So I got good news, an' I got bad news. I'd ask which y'all want first, but they're the same thing. I know where Walker is. In layman's terms, he's in an alternate universe created by the God-Machine for nebulous purposes. It's a lot like this one, but the God-Machine never got involved. Therefore, there're different rules for what goes bump in the night. There're like a dozen vampire clans. Changelins are half Fae. Magic is a bit screwy. Werewolves are a little racist. An', here's the kicker, Beasts do not exist. So, if we run inta anybody - hopefully not ourselves, try not ta let that one slip 'cause what's gonna follow is a lotta talkin' or a lotta runnin', and Walker ain't got time for either. Fortunately, he's just loose in the city, so if we can stay under the radar, we should be able ta just grab him an' book it." Right, like it would be that easy. "That's what I got. Think up questions while I get our muscle filled in." Nate racks his brain for a very special number. He sometimes played secretary when Danielle was out, so he gotten fairly well-acquainted with the phone numbers of Carthage's patients. Tuesday January 13, 2015. 3:45 PM. Mrs. Collins had called to reschedule because her car wouldn't start. The number she'd called from was... "6-0-7-6-8-6-5-7-8-9," Nate mouths, allowing a small grin to settle on his face as he presses Send.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-20, 11:14 AM
Shana walks into the house as the phone rings. <"I g-g-got it!">

She picks up the phone. "Bonjur!"

JonRG
2015-12-20, 11:19 AM
Nate wanders towards the back of the room, putting Raleigh between himself and the others. <"Hey, kiddo! There aren't multiple phones on this line, are there? And are your folks around? Otherwise, we might have to do this in English.">

Kell_tamer
2015-12-20, 11:27 AM
Shana quickly thinks. "... oh hey taylor? I was just talking with my dad about you! Your f-f-folks home? n-n-no? oh well i'l... She rambles a bit hoping nate gets shes trying to separate herself from the parental units. She quickly swaps to the cordless and heads up to her room.

"S-s-sorry.... d-d-dad was there"

She flops onto her bed and her free hand idly taps her stomach as she talks

"<What's going on? and ... how did you get my n-n-number?>"

JonRG
2015-12-20, 11:42 AM
Nate chuckles to himself. Kid had a bit of the sneak in her. <"Carthage,"> he half-truths. Maybe some day, he'd be able to give her a straighter answer than that, but it would have to do for now. <"I know where Walker is, and we're going after him tonight or early tomorrow. I was wondering if you wanted in. I won't lie. If your parents find out, you're probably going to get grounded forever, but I wanted to give you the option. So... you in?">

Kell_tamer
2015-12-20, 12:05 PM
Shana looks at the clock. "<... I d-d-do but if we go during the d-d-day, i'd need out of school.... and at night, I'd need to be snuck out.>"

JonRG
2015-12-20, 12:50 PM
<"Mhm. I know. I can make either of those happen. Do you have AIM or Google or something like that, so I can keep you posted?"> Nate scratches the back of his neck.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-20, 01:42 PM
Shana nods even though Nate can't see it. "[email protected]"

JonRG
2015-12-20, 02:49 PM
Nate smiles. <"All right, kiddo. I'm gonna get off the line. Talk to you in a little bit!"> He whistles merrily while adding her to his friends list. Burner account, of course. It's hard to turn the paranoia off. Nate types, <Can ya hear me now? :P> He looks up from his phone. "All right, she's in. Anyone come up with any questions?"

ChaosArchon
2015-12-20, 10:38 PM
Eligos wears the word nerd as a badge of pride, complete with a small little grin. As he hears the man talk about where Walker is he raises his hand,"Um...what do you mean by magic is a bit screwy?"

JonRG
2015-12-21, 12:02 AM
Nate shrugs. "How the hell should I know? I ain't a wizard. Just heard magic goes wonk. Maybe Walker'll know. Prolly tried ta bust out on his own a few dozen times. Any other questions?"

Kell_tamer
2015-12-21, 12:04 AM
Shana types back to Nate on the computer in her room. "<yes, I can. so whats the plan?>" She sighs hoping that she can get a comic off the ground. She wants to buy a computer that was actually made this decade.

ChaosArchon
2015-12-21, 12:50 AM
The pedant in Eligos screams to say actually Walker is a mage not a wizard, but he can already feel Umma's disapproval from hundreds of miles away. "Ok so second question, how...um... sure are we that this dimension is where Walker is?"

Obscurejones
2015-12-21, 05:14 AM
"Unhelpful, ain't he?"
Shrugging, Carthage gets to work on a maple rub for his bacon.

JonRG
2015-12-21, 12:26 PM
Nate exaggeratedly huffs his bangs out of his eyes. "Lemme put it this way, dorklord. I'm sure enough that I'm goin' within a mile of this place. This is scary stuff, which is why I'd like ta get in an' out before we draw too much attention. Cause you wanna know the ****tiest part? Entire dimension, only one door." He taps out a message to Shana.

Go in, get Walker, and get out. Great plan, right? ;)

"Walker's already been in there goin' on twenty-four hours. I'd like ta not leave him twistin' in the wind."

Kell_tamer
2015-12-21, 12:27 PM
Shana chuckles a bit nervously. "<Batman would be proud>"

JonRG
2015-12-21, 11:43 PM
Nate would blush, but there's no point in an online conversation.

<You're too kind, sweetheart.>

Obscurejones
2015-12-22, 06:34 AM
Rub applied Carthage moves his long pork into his home smoker. Grins.
"Nothing like the satisfaction of a job well done."
<What were you galumphing about before? Also, Bacon'll be ready in about a day.>

JonRG
2015-12-22, 06:54 AM
Nate sighs with relief. <Uh, Walker, you know, that guy we like? I know where to find him. Before you come back, swing by and get the kid. I'll tell her you meet you at the corner by her house.>

To Shana, he types, <Okay, kid. Get ready. Doc is gonna meet you at the corner in like ten minutes.>

Obscurejones
2015-12-22, 06:57 AM
Grabbing keys off the rack Carthage gives his condo a quick once over to make sure he didn't leave anything in a compromising fashion.
<School night. No can do. Stop contributing to the delinquency of a minor.>

Lilyflower
2015-12-22, 12:04 PM
"Question. You said Walker's magic is working by the rules of that universe now, right? Meaning that supernatural stuff is governed by this place's laws of reality?" Emily's expression turns serious. "If that's the case... what happens to beasts when we walk into a world where we don't exist? I'd like some assurance that I'm not gonna have chunks of my soul ripped out."

JonRG
2015-12-22, 06:15 PM
Nate scowls at his phone. <You suck, man.> Then he messages Shana. <Hit a bit of a snag. Carthage won't come to get you. :( ...You know you don't have to come, right? Everyone will understand if you stay home. Even Walker.> Hell, especially Walker. <You should come because you want to and not because you feel like you have to.> Yeah, because a kid ever answers that question honestly. Still, it couldn't hurt to mention it. His gaze snaps to Emily. "Magic's all about manipulatin' the forces of the universe. It's external. Soul's inherent to you. It won't be obliterated or suppressed. You have my word." Nate and Elizabeth had done some laughably small stints in Bizarro Ithaca and retained full access to their God Machine mojo. There was precedent.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-22, 06:17 PM
Shana frowns at her computer. "<I'm not scared!>"

JonRG
2015-12-22, 06:30 PM
Nate chuckles to himself. <Never said you were, though there's nothing wrong with being scared. So do you feel obligated to come, or do you actually want to? Think hard on this one.>

Kell_tamer
2015-12-22, 06:34 PM
Shana thinks a moment then nods to herself. "<Where will we meet.>"

Her leg shakes a bit nervously.

JonRG
2015-12-23, 12:07 AM
<All right. Here's what you need to do...> Nate gives her directions, right down to where to wait for them and the signal to come out.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-25, 02:45 PM
Shana nods and takes the phone back down. "<Mama, Papa, I need to bike b-b-back to the library. I forgot to get a book for school>"

She dashes out to the garage before they can respond and begins making her way, arriving at the rendezvous point shortly.

Obscurejones
2015-12-27, 06:16 PM
After a brief wait Carthage screeches up to the lot outside of Walker's. Hopping out, he checks under his fingernails again for blood. Pesky stuff seemed like it got everywhere.

JonRG
2015-12-27, 07:04 PM
Nate scratches one calf with his other foot. He sighs with relief when Carthage walks in. "Hey, boss. Walker's in a parallel dimension where Beasts an' the God Machine don't exist. It won't hurtcha none, 'less the wrong person finds out. So, you in?" He withdraws the flash drive from his pocket and slides it to Shadow. She would know what to do. Nate walks over to Elizabeth. Takes her hands in his. "Make sure ya stay safe, arright? I'll be back soon as I can." He kisses her softly.

Obscurejones
2015-12-28, 07:50 PM
"...Sure. Walker's the only person whose cooking I like more then my own...

David Chang actually. I want to eat his food. And Sean Brock... Anyone who's been on Mind of a Chef and isn't that Scandinavian ****, really."
Rolling his shoulders Carthage looks around with a suspicious eye. Nate was... Less then trustworthy. But Shana didn't seem to be here. Which was good. Maybe.

JonRG
2015-12-28, 11:50 PM
"Cool. Then let's go." Before Nate walks out to the car, he turns to Valerie and gives her a hug. "We'll get Walker back in no time. I promise."

josienoms
2015-12-28, 11:51 PM
Raleigh kisses Nate back, and smiles softly.

"Be safe."

Valerie returns the hug, then steps out. She comes back into the room, with a rifle in her hands.

"We're coming with you. I'm not going to sit here while my husband, the father of my children, is in danger. We'll split up when we get there, two groups can cover more ground."

Obscurejones
2015-12-29, 12:08 AM
"Go watch your kids Valerie. Or I'll say something dickish about mom jeans and then you'll shoot me and I won't get to go and that'll make Nate sad. He'll cry. It'll be tragic. He'll look like a big sad puppy. But like... A hacker puppy. So... Angelina Jolie in that one movie... What happened to her? She used to be hot as hell and now she just directs movies about sad relationships being sad... Good in Maleficent though. You see that?"

JonRG
2015-12-29, 09:05 AM
"I'll take whoever gets us movin' fastest. I don't give a ****." Nate checks his bag for all the necessary supplies.

Obscurejones
2015-12-29, 02:46 PM
"Do you hear the boy's barely restrained concern? I'd be touched if I let people touch me. But nope. Spectrum disorder. Well probably."

josienoms
2015-12-30, 12:08 AM
Valerie grips the rifle tightly.

"Much as I never thought I'd say this... I think Carthage has a point. Somebody needs to stay with the boys, in case someone comes for them. Find my husband, please."

She looks like she hates staying behind, and her worry is clear on her face. But in the end, she stays when you all head out. Nate knows the place, and you all soon find yourselves at the outskirts of town, outside an abandoned church that seems to have been crumbling since the early 90s.

Obscurejones
2015-12-30, 01:11 AM
"See? This building has never known the newly skinny and awful Jolie. Let us not mourn this building, but celebrate its ignorance of our disappointing present."
Carthage bounces on his heels for a moment.
"So... Ready steady go?"

JonRG
2015-12-30, 09:25 PM
You stupid idiot. Nate stares out the car window at a Dunkin Donuts. Quashes his craving for coffee. You know you're about to put up a big sign that says, 'A demon is working with these idiots,' right? He tells Carthage to make a left at the light. Walker's a big boy. He can survive a stint in Bizarro Ithaca. The smart move would be to leave him there until Miller's dealt with. Sentimentality's no good to you if you wind up converted. Mhm, and when the supernatural co-op's back is broken as a result of his absence, then what? ... Not to mention, if the town's going to be lousy with secretive wizards, it'd be nice to have 'saved their favorite pal, Walker' on my resume. Fair points. The car crunches across some gravel as it stops outside of the church. "Ha," Nate thinks to himself as he climbs out of the front seat.

"Lyrical stylin' my flow, yo," he replies as he takes out a flashlight. David's BMW pulls up behind them. Nate walks briskly into the church. "Arright. We're gonna take the list of locations Valerie gave us from opposite ends. Since y'all got Shadow's super sniffer, I'mma vote y'all take the slightly harder back-end. We'll meet somewhere in the middle. Call once y'all got 'im or if anythin' goes slantwise. Sound good?" His nerves tingle as he approaches the doorway. Hopefully, Shana was here or Nate was about to feel very foolish. "Stay safe, and keep yer eyes peeled. Don't want no surprises."

That. That right there. That was the signal.

Kell_tamer
2015-12-30, 09:30 PM
Shana comes dashing out and grabs Nate's hand to make sure she gets pulled right on along with. <"N-n-not missing this!">

She grins at her friend. Shy or not, kid had guts.

JonRG
2015-12-30, 09:36 PM
"Damn right, girl!" Nate flashes Carthage a cocky smirk. He'd been encouraging juvenile delinquency since before the doc was born. "Door's open! See y'all on the other side!" With a mad laugh, he and Shana run headlong into the Splinter.

Obscurejones
2015-12-31, 04:29 AM
"...Well that's going to be a ****ing conversation."
With a malicious grin Carthage skips after Nate and Shana.

ChaosArchon
2015-12-31, 01:10 PM
Eligos stays quiet for most of the planning on the like, after all these were new people and he... well generally speaking he didn't do too well with groups. Although I guess I would be a fairly good stage magician... **** pay though, he thinks sometime during the car ride.

He chuckles at Carthage's jokes about New!Jolie but for the most part remains silent. Nervous and silent really, but he tries his best to hide the first bit to look more stoic rather than just a nerdy introvert.

Once they get to the place, Eligos looks around until he sees a small child and Nate disappear into what is likely the Splinter. He follows a suddenly irrate Carthage and stops just a moment before entering. He looks around at the world for a second and thinks. Zoe will kill me if I end up dead in some weird alternate dimension. Actually she'll have Umma summon my ghost, make it corporal, and then will murder me. A pang of sadness hits him as he thinks of his friends, he should have brought them with him but there wasn't enough time. Hopefully he'll return to explain everything to them... hopefully.

With one last unsaid prayer Eligos walks into the Splinter, ready to confront a whole new world. "A new fantastic point of view," he hums during his little walk.

Lilyflower
2015-12-31, 01:17 PM
Emily just steps through the gateway. She always considered introspection a waste of time anyway.

josienoms
2016-01-01, 10:29 AM
You all step into the Church and find yourself... in a church. The only thing that seems out of place is that the windows are boarded up and broken on the inside, when they didn't appear to be from the outside. One window is open, and you ca see that the sky is cloudy, when it was clear out, and the moon is full.

Seems like it worked!

JonRG
2016-01-01, 11:30 AM
"Welcome," Nate says in his most dramatic voice, "to Jurassic Park." There's a beat of silence before he snickers to himself.

"Sorry. Always wanted ta do that. Anywho, y'all have yer assignment. I got David's number. Good luck." He turns to his team... such as they were. "Arright. We gotta get ta Walker's... or where Walker's would be, if it were here. Don't expect it ta be that easy. Easiest way ta make up time on Walker would be ta 'borrow' a car." Nate grins wickedly.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-01, 01:42 PM
Shana pokes her head out the window and smells the cool air.

she has wits 2 composure 3 perception +1 and gets 9 again.
[roll0]

Any rerolls in case, take from left to right.
[roll1]

Also thank you for saying full moon. time for that extra point of essence.

Obscurejones
2016-01-04, 12:59 AM
Whistling softly Carthage slips up next to Nate and drops his voice to a conspiritorial whisper.
"We are currently what the fine people in old war movies would call 'In Country'. As such, it would be a bad idea to get all grumpy. So do me a favor. Imagine me sucker punching you and then kicking your ass up and down the block for bringing the kid. Really visualize it. And we'll take a rain check till after we grab Walker."
Ducking away he heads for the window.
"How goes the sniff, kiddo?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 01:08 AM
Shana shakes her head. "Nothing out of the ordinary.... m-m-maybe when we get out of the c-c-church i can start going for d-d-different scents.... "

She was tempted to shift to make things easier but always felt awkward shifting in front of people... even other supers.

Obscurejones
2016-01-04, 01:12 AM
"Fair enough."
Sighing, Carthage runs a hand through his hair. Pulls a few strands forward and grumbles softly at the few grey strands mixed in.
"You get that your being here is going to be a conversation, yes? A later conversation. But a conversation."

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 01:28 AM
Shana nods looking down. "I j-j-just wanna help."

josienoms
2016-01-04, 11:24 AM
Shana doesn't detect anything unusual with her sniff. OtherIthaca smells just like regular Ithaca. Or rather, the abandoned church smells just like an abandoned church should smell. Musty, dank, and generally unpleasant.

After exchanging quick goodbyes, the other team heads off on their search for Walker.

ChaosArchon
2016-01-04, 11:38 AM
Eligos looks slightly disappointed, he expected another dimension to look... well alot more different. Regardless he nods to the others and then heads to the spot Nate mentioned.

JonRG
2016-01-04, 07:06 PM
Nate gives Carthage a nervous look, then rolls his eyes and sticks out his tongue at his boss's parting back. "Don' worry, kiddo. Everybody has an off night. Now, let's just hope that ain't me." He dons a pair of gloves, then checks to see if his (entirely legal) toolkit was ready. Once it's all in order, Nate walks out of the church. "Now," he asks no one in particular, "Where is my ride?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-04, 11:33 PM
Shana reaches into her backpack and takes out a leash and then heads into a confessional. A short bit later a wolf comes out with a leash in its mouth.

The wolf pup sits and looks at the others.

Lilyflower
2016-01-04, 11:55 PM
Emily emits a long, high-pitched noise that slowly resolves into actual words- "eeeeeeEEEEEE ohmyGOSH you're cute!!!" She takes a deep breath, regaining herself. "...Err, sorry, was that rude? I don't really know how, um... wolf etiquette...?" She coughs slightly into her hand.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-05, 12:02 AM
Shana tilts her head at the gesture. But her tail wags in response. She seems OK with it. She looks around for someone to take the leash. Can't just be a feral wolf out there.

JonRG
2016-01-05, 12:03 AM
"Sorry, kiddo. Can't do leash an' slim-jim at the same time."

Lilyflower
2016-01-05, 12:08 AM
"Uh, I can take it, if you're okay with that. May I?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-05, 12:11 AM
Shana walks over and hands the leash to Emily. She sits up so it can be placed on her.

josienoms
2016-01-05, 12:48 PM
Nate finds only one car in sight: a beat up old Volkswagon Beetle that looks like it's been under extensive repairs. The doors don't even match the rest of the paint job!

JonRG
2016-01-05, 07:08 PM
Nate grins triumphantly. "That's our Hitler." He walks over to the car and readies his trusty slim-jim. Whistling a Book of Mormon song, Nate slides the metal between the window and the seal.

It's Hasa Diga Eebowai (https://youtu.be/xLb7_UrV3-A)!

Dex+Larceny: [roll0]

josienoms
2016-01-05, 11:13 PM
Nate easily get the Beetle unlocked!

JonRG
2016-01-05, 11:24 PM
"Bam!" Nate gives a triumphant cackle as he slides into the driver's seat. It fades when his feet come up half a foot short of the pedals. "Damn. This Kobe Bryant's car? Guy's fallen on hard times, then. Oh well. His loss's my gain." He runs a finger over the ignition cylinder. "Excellent! S'a piece of ****. Means we might be able ta do this easy way." Nate pulls a flathead screwdriver and, after a brief inspection, slowly inserts it into the ignition.

C'moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!

Dex+Larceny: [roll0]

Lilyflower
2016-01-07, 11:43 AM
Emily leans down and fastens the leash around Shana's neck. She leaves it nice and loose- not much worry about Shana running off and getting lost.

josienoms
2016-01-07, 12:08 PM
The ignition starts! The engine whines and makes a few rumbling coughs, but seems to be okay.

The drive to Walker's is short, and gives you all a brief glimpse of the city. For the most part, it looks much the same. A few businesses have closed down, a few new shady ones are around. There's a police cruiser parked in front of a house with its lights on. Shana recognizes it as Taylor's house, but the people outside shouting at the police are most definitely not Taylor's parents: They're a pair of junkies, and both are white.

When Nate pulls up to where Walker's would be, there's an empty lot. The remnants of a building are still there, it looks as though there was a fire several years ago and no one bothered to clear the lot. It's simply been left there to rot.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-07, 12:51 PM
Shana lets out a bit of a whine about that. Hopefully Taylor exists in this world. Hopefully he's doing well.

When they get to Walker's, she hops out and begins sniffing about for clues. Maybe she can fine either version of Walker. Her wolf nose was much more in tune than her human nose.

9 dice 3 composure, 2 wits, 4 wolf
[roll0]

Rerolls from 9s and 10s if any take left to right
[roll1]

JonRG
2016-01-07, 04:54 PM
Nate lets out a low whistle when they arrive. "Well, **** me sideways. Was hopin' this'd be a Kinko's or somethin' an' I could show Walker's photo around." He nevertheless scans the street for bystanders while stepping out of the car (very awkwardly).

Obscurejones
2016-01-07, 05:07 PM
"... Does this mean I'm not getting a drink?"
Hopping out of the car Carthage walks over to kick through the debris a little.
"Shana? Packing a flask?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-08, 01:07 AM
Shana tilts her head at Carthage's question.

josienoms
2016-01-08, 11:52 AM
Shana finds a scent trail! Walker was definitely here a few hours ago.

As Nate looks around, he notices a small gleam of gold in the debris, buried so that it wouldn't be apparent to anyone who wasn't a trained observer.

JonRG
2016-01-08, 12:13 PM
"Helloooooooo..." Nate stoops down to examine the golden object.

josienoms
2016-01-08, 12:16 PM
When Nate picks it up, he sees that it's a tarnished ring that must have been worn by someone who didn't make it out of the fire. It's a wedding ring. Valerie's wedding ring.

ChaosArchon
2016-01-08, 12:18 PM
Eligos frowns,"This... does not bode well."

JonRG
2016-01-08, 12:28 PM
Nate frowns a little. "Guess Other Valerie wasn't so lucky." He holds up the ring to get a better look at it, then shoves it in his pocket. Maybe it would do Other Walker some good, if they found him.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-08, 03:00 PM
Shana starts tugging on the leash. The hunt is on! The game is afoot! The Noun is a Verb!

Obscurejones
2016-01-08, 05:09 PM
"Lassie says she thinks Timmy may be in a well. Also that we should stop at a liquor store. And claim she's a service dog so she can come with."

Lilyflower
2016-01-08, 08:12 PM
"...do you actually serve a purpose, or do we keep you around because we can't find a better team mascot?"
The Shana is followed!

josienoms
2016-01-09, 01:20 AM
The scent trail leads Shana to an apartment building near Cornell. It's a swanky place, clearly one of decadence and luxury. If anyone was close enough to Walker's friends, they'd recognize it as the doppelganger of David and Tim's apartment building. Of course, the divide between classes seems a bit more pronounced in this universe than it was back home. The neighborhood around the university is much more run-down than its counterpart that you all know.

The trail of Walker's scent leads inside the building.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-09, 10:14 AM
Shana paws at the doorway.

ChaosArchon
2016-01-09, 12:31 PM
Eligos looks around,"Wow, this world... is pretty ****ty even compared to ours. I shudder to think what some of the stronger beings from our universe are like here."

JonRG
2016-01-09, 03:22 PM
"Why'd y'all think I was in such a hurry ta get in an' out? Oh, an' remember we're dealin' with Tim, so don't eat nothin', drink nothin', or agree ta nothin'." Nate knocks on David's door, then steps back so Shana is in front of him. If Other Nate was anything like himself, then he shouldn't expect a warm reception.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-09, 04:50 PM
Shana glances around to see if no one is around. IF no one is watching she quickly swaps to a more suitable form. She considers Dalu, but she can afford to take hishu for now. No sense in potentially causing violence simply through form.

She takes the leash off and stuffs it into her backpack.

ChaosArchon
2016-01-11, 12:40 AM
"Don't eat nothin', drink nothin', or agree ta nothin," he said, thought Eligos, which suggests some pact or bonding magic of a kind.

Silently, Eligos focuses to better sense the chains that bind action; the universal causality; the tyrant of both kings and commoners. He pulls the Truth imparted to him by the Realm Arcadia and as time passes, he begins to feel the weight that destiny has placed upon every single thing he surveys. As he walks with the group, he sees strands woven by the Moirai in time immemorial.

rolling to activate Mage Sight (Fate) and will roll til it activates; Fate (1)+ Gnosis (2)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

josienoms
2016-01-11, 11:16 AM
The door of the apartment building opens up into a lobby-type area. There's a desk, with a chubby, balding security guard tapping idly at his computer. He looks up, realizing he doesn't recognize any of you.

"You folks lost?"

Meanwhile, Eligos can see the strands of Fate as they intertwine. There are many people's strands that flow towards the elevator, and up to what he can assume is Tim's apartment. There are also frayed, broken threads leading the same way, presumably the Fates of all the Kindred David is attached to. There are... quite a few of them, actually. More than one would expect, knowing the David from your home universe.

JonRG
2016-01-11, 12:22 PM
Nate clears his throat. "Hi, we're the advanced Bible study group with the Oasis Christian Fellowship of Ithaca, NY. David Kaine's our lawyer in a civil suit we're wrapped up in." He stares into the guard's confused face. Let's hope Nate knew his interdimensional hijinks... "Look, just tell him Dr. Allen and a few of his friends are here on court business. He'll know what you mean.”

Kell_tamer
2016-01-11, 05:34 PM
Shana says nothing. She focuses on being rather insignificant and thus unnoticed.

josienoms
2016-01-13, 12:49 PM
The security guard frowns and checks his clipboard.

"I'll see what I can do, folks."

He picks up his desk phone and dials. A few moments later, he starts to talk over the line.

"Mr. Kaine? It's Gary, down at the security desk. There's a group of people who say they're here to see you on court business? A Dr. Allen?"

A short pause.

"Yes, sir. Right away, sir."

He hangs up the phone.

"He says's he'll see you now. Guess he was expecting you folks."

With that, he stops paying any attention. The trip up to the apartment doesn't take long, and soon enough you all find yourself outside David's front door. It opens, and the vampire himself is standing there. He looks just like the other David you all know, but his clothes and decor speak of even more wealth than his counterpart.

"I'm a busy man, Doctor. I'm still considering the ramifications of your request to grant the Embrace."

He looks down, seeming to notice Shana for the first time.

"What is that... thing doing in here? Are you trying to threaten me?"

Kell_tamer
2016-01-13, 01:00 PM
Shana blinks and points at herself.

"m-m-me?"

She looks really nervous now. Especially being called a thing, was that a cut on her looks? Did she do something wrong? She nervously looked to the others, not sure what to make of it.

JonRG
2016-01-13, 02:08 PM
Nate steps in front of Shana. "Easy there, kiddo. Ya didn't do nothin' wrong." His gaze flicks to David, and he tries to look deferential but not spineless. "Apologies fer the intrusion, my Prince, an' I know this is gonna sound crazy. Everythin' ya know is gonna tell ya otherwise, but this girl is not yer enemy."

ChaosArchon
2016-01-13, 03:04 PM
As he sees David, Eligos fights to hide the sense of horror he feels. The man, or vampire as it were, was enshrouded in countless strands of broken destinies as cold as the beings they became. There was a gravity to those strands, the weight of immortality gained through death and blood. So this is what the aura of a Kindred Prince looked like... and a young one at that, Eligos silently shuddered to think what the much older ones would look like.

josienoms
2016-01-13, 10:58 PM
David sneers softly.

"Don't act innocent. I know what you are. I thought that we'd run all the surviving werewolves out of town."

When Nate speaks, David tilts his head.

"Have we... met?"

After a pause,

"Is she not? Please, then. Enlighten me."

Kell_tamer
2016-01-13, 11:02 PM
Shana pokes her head out from behind Nate. "W-w-why did you run them out?"

Her question sounds absolutely genuine.

JonRG
2016-01-14, 06:28 PM
"Their favorite pastime's tearin' vampires' heads off, but I'll get back ta that. Now..." Nate twists around to get into his pocket. "I'm gonna tell ya a story, an' yer gonna tell me if I was close. Some time last night, Walker was bangin' on yer door. Immediately, ya notice a few things are off. He's buggin' the **** out an' sayin' alotta words. Most of 'em were prolly 'bout how he's gotta find Valerie. Which is weird 'cause she's suuuuuuuuper dead. Walker seems to be under the impression she ain't, an' that y'all are friends. Eventually, one of ya gets suitably skeeved by the bizarrerie that he bolts." He draws out a photograph with a triumphant grunt. "Now, I assume ya did enough Physics ta learn about multiverse theory, least the very basics. Can prolly guess where I'm headed with this. See... both of ya were right." Nate flips the picture to reveal Walker and Valerie. "Where that Walker's from, Valerie is fine." His other hand produces the tarnished ring. "Here, not so much. Which brings us back ta the young lady." Nate pockets his items once more. "See, where we're from, werewolves don't think y'all are the spawn of Satan or the Wyrm or whatever it's called. Yer not her sworn enemy. I mean, lookit her. She's terrified of ya." He takes a deep breath. "Believe me. Don't. All I need ta know is whatever ya know about that guy an' where he went. Then we'll be outta yer hair."

josienoms
2016-01-15, 12:04 PM
David seems... not very surprised.

"That's... Nearly exactly what happened. So you're all from another universe? A brighter, better one? I find that hard to believe, and yet,"

He pauses and forces himself to take a breath.

"Somewhere deep down, I feel like it has to be true. Thanks to Tim, I've seen too many strange things to dismiss any strange story out of hand. Especially given what Walker said to me last night. I did owe him a favor, but at first I just assumed someone had erased his memory, or something like that. I pointed him towards the other local Mages. The Order of Hermes has a chantry house on the other side of the University."

He excuses himself for a moment, and comes back with a scrap of paper with an address written on it.

"This is the next place I'd look."

ChaosArchon
2016-01-15, 12:19 PM
Eligos focuses on the Truth, entreating it to descend into this broken world and aid a member of the Wise. He draws upon the master of all things to clarify which path leads to glory and which to perdition, whether to heed the vampire lord word's or not.

casting Momentary Flux, subtle Time 1 spell to figure out whether trusting David's words on Walker's location will be beneficial or not

Time (3)+Gnosis (2): [roll0]

JonRG
2016-01-15, 08:52 PM
Nate glances at the address before pocketing the scrap of paper. "Arright. Thanks." He pauses momentarily as his fingers brush the ring. "Oh, an' I know I said that was all I needed, but if ya can get in touch with our dear widower wizard, could ya make sure he gets this? Would clear that favor ya owe him." Nate holds up the tarnished ring.

Obscurejones
2016-01-16, 12:02 AM
Carthage goggles at David through the entire conversation finally speaking up as he parses what he's finding disconcerting.
"...Is anyone else tempted to RoShamBo Dave, seeing as it isn't our Dave? Like it is just burning a hole in my mind right now. Like having a song stuck in your head only the song is kick leech boy in the googlies."

Lilyflower
2016-01-16, 11:38 AM
Emily jerks her thumb at Carthage, "Don't mind him, he's just a stand-in until we find a gerbil that's not scared of werewolves."

JonRG
2016-01-16, 02:21 PM
Nate half-buries his face in his palm, though he's obviously smirking. "It ain't all better an' brighter," Nate jokes. "Is yers anythin' like him, an' if not, can we trade?"

josienoms
2016-01-16, 11:14 PM
Following David's advice would be beneficial to your search for Walker.

David takes the ring, and nods.

"I'll see what I can do."

And then... Carthage speaks.

"...Charming. Are you sure you're not the Dr. Allen from this universe? Because if there's a better version of you out there somewhere, I'd love a trade."

He scoffs, then forces a smile.

"In all seriousness, good luck. I hope you can find him."

JonRG
2016-01-17, 12:24 AM
"We will." Nate nods. "Kiddo, throw yer hood up 'fore we leave? Would be bad if someone else recognized ya."

Kell_tamer
2016-01-17, 12:30 AM
Shana nods and does so.

josienoms
2016-01-18, 10:29 AM
The address David gave you leads to a conspicuous, Gothic-style manor house on the other side of the university. There's no one outside, but the lights are on. The house is surrounded by a wrought iron fence, and there's a concrete path leading from the gate to the front door.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-18, 10:44 AM
While not in wolf form, Shana still has a really good sniffer. She pokes her nose out of her hood and takes in the air around the manor.

Five dice normally, +1 for woofiness + reroll 9s
[roll0]

And any possible rerolls Take from left to right
[roll1]

JonRG
2016-01-18, 12:21 PM
Nate stretches, then pulls out one of the photos Valerie gave him. He presses it into Eligos' palm. "Arright, dorklord. Yer up."

ChaosArchon
2016-01-19, 12:17 PM
Eligos nods and opens the gate, then knocks on the door.

josienoms
2016-01-20, 11:35 PM
After a few moments, the door opens. A man who looks like he just walked off a Harry Potter set stands within. He's wearing robes, has a long beard, the works. He arches an eyebrow at the assembled group.

"Can I help you?"

You can smell Walker, even more strongly than you could at David's. He's either here, or was here very recently.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-20, 11:44 PM
Shana's face retreats a bit into her hoodie.

JonRG
2016-01-23, 12:44 AM
While waiting for Eligos, Nate sidles up next to Shana. <"Find anything?"> he mutters.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-23, 08:21 AM
Shana looks up at Nate, hands still concealing the lower half of her face. She nods. "<I sm-sm-smell him>"

ChaosArchon
2016-01-23, 02:24 PM
As the hogwarts knock-off opens the door, Eligos mentally files away a note to nab one of their outfits before they leave this universe.

"Yes hello, my name is Will. We're visiting college students who were hoping for a tour of the place. It's for a GCON 101 assignment."

JonRG
2016-01-24, 11:39 PM
Nate says nothing, but there's a subtle shift in stance. Ready to step in. This was about to go bad. The only question left was how bad.

josienoms
2016-01-29, 10:52 PM
The Dumbledore lookalike frowns deeply.

"You must have the wrong address. We don't give tours of the house."

JonRG
2016-01-29, 11:26 PM
Nate sighs heavily. "Tommy? Pal? I'm pretty sure we're at the right house this time. No need ta bull****." He chuckles under his breath. "All these ol' timey houses start ta bleed together, yanno? We're lookin' fer this guy's mentor, who like him and like y'all, is also a mage." While turning to get out another photo, Nate's cold gaze washes over Eligos. They would need to have words later. "This is what he looks like. Ya seen him?" He flicks the picture around to show Dumbledore.

josienoms
2016-01-30, 12:28 AM
Dumbledore scowls as he looks at the picture.

"Now, just what in the hell is going on? Tell me, by what name do you know this Wizard?"

JonRG
2016-01-30, 12:30 AM
"Walker. His name's Walker."

josienoms
2016-01-31, 01:21 AM
The wizard nods, and steps aside, leaving the door open.

"Come inside."

The foyer he lets you into is richly appointed, the sort of thing you'd expect an old house to have. The floor is hardwood, with a fine rug overlaid. A mahogany end table sits across from the door, with what appears to be a Ming vase sitting on top. The end table has runes and arcane symbols etched into the legs.

He leads you into the dining room, and asks you to have a seat at the large table in the center of the room. Once you're all seated, he excuses himself.

Anyone who wants to can make a perception roll! That's... Wits+Composure, I believe.

Kell_tamer
2016-01-31, 01:23 AM
Shana skittishly follows in. Her sniffer is in full force right now even though she's still only in human shape.

Was that teak she smelled?

reroll 9s, wits 2 composure 3 bonus 1
[roll0]
reroll if any
[roll1]

JonRG
2016-01-31, 02:04 AM
Nate takes point, though he smiles back at Shana. "Nice house. Y'all did a good job with the windows." Nobody was gonna gonna be stupid enough to not spring for double-paned windows in freaking Ithaca. Certainly not wizards with cash. He tries to drink it all in. Hopefully, they were out of the woods.

C'mon seeing things with my eyes.

Wits+Composure: [roll0]

josienoms
2016-02-01, 11:15 AM
Shana does indeed smell Teak. She also smells Walker, and can hear strange chanting coming from the next room.

She can't quite make out what they're saying, but there are several voices all speaking in rhythmic unison.

Kell_tamer
2016-02-01, 04:14 PM
Shana nudges Nate. "W-w-walker was here." She whispered to him. She also points to the other room. "There is ch-ch-chanting going on in there..."

JonRG
2016-02-01, 07:50 PM
Nate sighs heavily. "An' Dumbledore's bein' mad shady. I don't like this." He scoots back in his chair. "C'mon, kid. I gotta hit the head. Let's see what's goin' on 'round here." Nate gestures for her to take point, since she has the Super Sniffer and can turn into a giant terrifying monster when needed.

Kell_tamer
2016-02-02, 03:26 PM
Shana shuffles ahead of Nate. she keeps her hood over her head. She begins sniffing around and listening as she walks.

same deal
[roll0]
rerolls
[roll1]

ChaosArchon
2016-02-02, 04:21 PM
While Shana and Nate whisper to eachother, Eligos tries to look around and find anything suspicious.

rolling Wits (2)+ Composure (3): [roll0]

josienoms
2016-02-03, 11:09 AM
With Shana and Nate in the lead, and Eligos close behind, you creep through the house. In what could only be the living room, the mages are assembled, obviously working some kind of magic. Eligos can tell that it's a Time spell, mixed with something he can't quite place. It appears this world has different Arcana than what he's used to. The second component of the spell seems to be a bizarre mixture of Fate and Death.

Bound and beaten up, in the middle of a circle painted onto the floor, is Walker. Standing above him, with a knife in hand, is... Walker.

JonRG
2016-02-03, 01:30 PM
Nate expected something of this nature, though maybe with someone else behind the knife. It made sense, though. Guy loses his wife, delves into the black arts, and then suddenly, a much happier Walker stumbles through his backyard. It'd be hard for anyone to deal with, especially if... and suddenly Nate had a very good idea what spell Other Walker was trying to cast. "Man, this is a complete ****show all around." He draws out one of the Glocks and points it at Other Walker.

"Drop the knife." There's no hint of emotion in his voice. Nate would blow somebody away if it came to that.

ChaosArchon
2016-02-03, 05:44 PM
Eligos sighs,"Really, guys? We are the Wise for christsakes. Human sacrifices are beneath us! We have all of eternity open to us and all of its luminous energy enshrining our souls. Such a twisted perversion of our gift is an insult to the Truth itself."

He tenses up next to Nate, and anoints his sight with the Truth in order to see the flow of that which ends all eventually.

casting Temporal Eddies until I can see the Time components more clearly.

Time (3)+ Gnosis (2): [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

also what is a roll to cause them to feel guilt?

Kell_tamer
2016-02-03, 11:08 PM
Shana pulls her hoodie down and covers her ears in anticipation of what's coming next. Her eyes close tight and she takes a few deep breaths.

Lilyflower
2016-02-04, 11:23 AM
"Hey, if this is a different world, does anyone care if I wreck the place? Cause it's gonna be hard to hold back on this kinda bull****."

Obscurejones
2016-02-04, 01:42 PM
"... Well this isn't where I parked. Excuse me folks I must have the wrong house."
Skedaddling till he's back in the waiting room Carthage skids to a halt and sprints back towards the sacrifice at speed, fading from view as he does.

josienoms
2016-02-05, 12:03 AM
The Walker with the knife stares in disbelief at Nate. He turns to Doubledoor.

"More?"

Doubledoor nods.

"Yes. They're time-displaced duplicates, just like him. I thought that... if the ritual didn't work... You'd be able to try again."

Other!Walker looks back at Nate. The other mages have stopped chanting, and appear to be cowed momentarily by the threat of a bullet to the head. Other!Walker simply shakes his head.

The other Mages don't seem to hear Emily, but a young woman makes eye contact with Eligos. He seems to have gotten through to perhaps one of them. She seems afraid, and not just because of Nate. The ritual itself seems to frighten her, as if "I didn't sign up for this".

Kell_tamer
2016-02-05, 11:21 AM
Shana's eyes peek out from the hood. "<d-d-did he say we w-w-were gonna be s-s-sacrificed?>"

JonRG
2016-02-05, 11:35 AM
What a surprise. Oh well, Nate had given him a chance. He calls upon the power of the God Machine, and then he shoots his landlord's evil twin in the face.

Time to kill with our hearts, dear children! Sadly, Nate doesn't have one.

Merciless Gunman: [roll0]

Dex+Firearms+WP [roll1]

Here comes the BOOM: [roll2]

Kell_tamer
2016-02-05, 11:44 AM
Shana's eyes slam shut and she screams as the gun goes off. Still scares the bajeezus out of her.

josienoms
2016-02-05, 12:08 PM
The other Walker's head explodes in a fountain of gore. There's no chance that he survived.

A few of the gathered Mages scream in fear and disbelief. The girl who made eye contact with Eligos looks like she's about to faint. Doubledoor meets Nate's eye.

"What the hell are you?"

Obscurejones
2016-02-05, 12:16 PM
Dropping into view again Carthage lifts Shana into a form bear hug and spins her out the door. He speaks in a firm whisper.
"Stay. Don't look in there. If we need you we will call."

Kell_tamer
2016-02-05, 12:18 PM
Shana continues to shake but nods, here eyes still closed.

JonRG
2016-02-05, 12:19 PM
A smirk crosses Nate's face, and he jerks his head in a semi-shrug. "I'm jus' a guy lookin' fer my friend, an' if it's all the same ta y'all, I'd like ta take him an' leave without anyone else gettin' hurt. Think we can swing that?" Nate lowers the gun so it's not pointed directly at Doubledoor's center-of-mass... but it easily could be.

josienoms
2016-02-05, 01:27 PM
"Take him and go."

Doubledoor's eyes narrow.

"But don't think you've seen the last of us."

Obscurejones
2016-02-05, 01:30 PM
Carthage ducks his head back into the room. Pauses. Ducks back to Shana.
"Shana, earmuffs."
Ducks his head back in.
"We have. Because if you come after us we'll kill all of you. And I do mean all. And Nate will let me do things to you until I get bored. He killed your friend because he felt he had to. I'll kill you because seeing you see your own organs makes me feel funny in my swimsuit area. It will hurt more."

Kell_tamer
2016-02-05, 01:50 PM
Shana is standing there with hands over her ears. Eyes still closed.

JonRG
2016-02-05, 02:12 PM
Nate simply nods in agreement with Carthage. Man, could that guy put the fear of God in people. He kneels down next to Walker and starts to cut away at the ropes binding him.

"S'all right, man. Jus' relax. We'll have ya home in a jiff," Nate mutters.