PDA

View Full Version : The Monster in the Darkness

johhny-turbo
2007-04-27, 12:33 AM
Just what is he doing during this whole siege again? He's preety powerful, don't see why Xykon wouldn't want to use him

Legendary
2007-04-27, 12:35 AM
Xykon could have used him against the OOTS first time around too. He doesn't because it isn't dramatic enough to unveil his final weapon.

Icewalker
2007-04-27, 12:36 AM
I dunno, he's a bit of an idiot. They expect him to screw up in everything he does.
see here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0376.html)
:xykon:: Best way I could think of to ensure her escape was to give that bozo instructions to the contrary.

EricDerKonig
2007-04-27, 12:55 AM
He's back with Redcloak, which could be handy if any of the Azurites or OOTS manage to get back there. Gotta have some protection for your battlefield commander.

ChimericPhase
2007-04-27, 02:24 AM
Becausing a running gag just isn't a running gag until you've runned it into the ground and then beat it with with a dead horse.

Fawkes
2007-04-27, 10:59 AM
Becausing a running gag just isn't a running gag until you've runned it into the ground and then beat it with with a dead horse.

Beat it with a dead horse? That may be the most hilarious misquote ever. :smalltongue:

Also, dang, man, proofread.

Commas ftw.

factotum
2007-04-27, 11:05 AM
I'd agree that MitD is just too unpredictable to let loose onto the battlefield--he might get into a "who can hit the lightest" game with a random bunch of nobodies while leaving the high-level opposition to carve up the rest of the army.

Megalomaniac2
2007-04-27, 11:06 AM
Secret Weapon of Last Resort. He'll probably come in handy storming the castle once they've taken the walls. Redcloak's probably under strict orders not to unleash the creature unless it's absolutely necessary and dramatically appropriate.

I don't think he'll be revealed right now, but he might fight the Order of the Stick in a darkened area.

Lemur
2007-04-27, 02:30 PM
I just had a terrible thought:

What if :mitd: ultimately exists just for an "attack the darkness" gag?

Mad Scientist
2007-04-27, 02:57 PM
My guess is that he's too busy eating popcorn or Mallomar's again.:smallbiggrin:

jindra34
2007-04-27, 02:59 PM
it still think its a little girl in a bell dress with a hammer. Why? i do not know...

Geilan
2007-04-27, 02:59 PM
He's too..... incompetant to be trusted in a seige like that. I'd only let him loose BEHIND enemy lines personally, since he'd probably do something stupid any other way..

Maybe he's a mentally incompetant Balor...

Ballestra
2007-04-27, 03:03 PM
Maybe he's a mentally incompetant Balor...[/QUOTE]

...except he probably suffers from a vulnerability to daylight, thus the umbrella, and balors have no such weakness. May be nightwalker, or some such...

jindra34
2007-04-27, 03:05 PM
...except he probably suffers from a vulnerability to daylight, thus the umbrella, and balors have no such weakness. May be nightwalker, or some such...

Who said he had a weakness for light... the umberalla is just to keep it hidden till dramatically apropriate...

spmyke
2007-04-27, 03:05 PM
The Darkness is to Xykon as the Dark Phoenix was to Magneto during the battle at the end of X-Men 3.

Edit: spelling.

Geilan
2007-04-27, 03:07 PM
...except he probably suffers from a vulnerability to daylight, thus the umbrella, and balors have no such weakness. May be nightwalker, or some such...[/QUOTE]

It's not a vulnerability though, it's Xykon wanting to keep him hidden for "the big reveal". He really wants to be visible, shown by the comic where he begs for the Lantern Archons to light him up. He's really not vulnerable at all.

Alysar
2007-04-27, 03:08 PM
Maybe he's a mentally incompetant Balor...

He isn't vulnerable to daylight. He's wanted to come out of the shadows. Xykon won't let him because he doesn't want anyone to see him yet.

Geilan
2007-04-27, 03:10 PM
The Darkness is to Xykon as the Dark Phoenix was to Magneto during the battle at the end of X-Men 3.

Edit: spelling.

Completely useless since the former is too freaking awesome?

spmyke
2007-04-27, 03:14 PM
Completely useless since the former is too freaking awesome?

Awesomely destructive in unimaginable ways, but for some reasons does nothing.

Geilan
2007-04-27, 03:16 PM
Awesomely destructive in unimaginable ways, but for some reasons does nothing.

Whatever floats your boat, I like my idea better ;)

spmyke
2007-04-27, 03:29 PM
Whatever floats your boat, I like my idea better ;)

I think we're saying the same thing. Maybe? :smalleek: