PDA

View Full Version : Optimization My firs gestalt: Totemist/barbarian

Dyslexic
2015-06-22, 03:50 AM
Is my first gestalt and my firs character with an Incarnum class.

I can use all the official books and magazine (maybe the DM can accept PF and 3.0 things)
I'm a level 10.

Race: tarmak (races of ansalon), proto-creature (bestiary of krinn), broodguard (savage species)

first progression: barbarian 1 (pounce variant) / monk 2 (chaos,martial) / fighter 2 (dungeonscape +? )/ fist of the forest1/ wb 1 / swordsage 1/ bear warrior1/ warshaper 1/

second progression: totemist 10

Feats: human: power attack/ flaw: great fortitude / flaw: leap attack /1: hulking brute /3: extra rage /6: multiattack / fighter: bullrush/ fighter: (dungeonscape) /9: shoock trooper / monk : knock-back /monk: cleave

- Does exist a fighter variant to loose the heavy armor competence to gain some good things?
- I haven't put any totemist feat. Is it a wrong choice?
- If you have some good idea to improve the progression, the feat's choice, I will read it.
- I'm not sure about the soulmelds. I like the girallon and unicorn soulmelds, but...the others?

(I'm really sorry for my english)

Kesnit
2015-06-22, 06:04 AM
Since you are using the pounce ACF for Barbarian, I would recommend the feat Shape Incarnum (Thunderstep Boots). Thunderstep Boots is a Soulborn meld that does extra damage on a charge, and if the boots are bound (to feet), has a chance to stun the opponent for 1 round.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-06-22, 06:29 AM
There are certainly fighter variants that trade away their heavy armour proficiency, but whether they get anything useful out of it...

Of the fighter variants from Dragon #310, the corsair, fencer, horseman and kensai have only light armour proficiency. The survivalist has light and medium proficiency. None of them are useful to you. They all limit your bonus feat choices, and none of the special abilities work especially well with unarmed attacks, natural attacks or charges.

Rebel7284
2015-06-22, 07:14 AM
Hit and Run variant fighter trades armor for Dex to Damage against flat footed opponents. Very good if you have nice dexterity.

Dyslexic
2015-06-22, 07:26 AM
Since you are using the pounce ACF for Barbarian, I would recommend the feat Shape Incarnum (Thunderstep Boots).
Thank you! I drop the cleave feat, becouse it is a useless prerequisite for the berserker.

Hit and Run variant fighter trades armor for Dex to Damage against flat footed opponents. Very good if you have nice dexterity.

I think it is only for drows...

Aleolus
2015-06-22, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure what Hulking Brute does, but if you can drop that one, then Bonus Essentia is useful for any meldshaper. Since you're also a Barbarian you may want to consider Cobalt Rage, which will give you a bonus on weapon damage rolls and your Will saves while raging.

daremetoidareyo
2015-06-22, 09:34 AM
Consider replacing fighter with psychic warrior. Levels 1 and 2 have bonus feats, you don't really feel the difference in HD. If your wisdom is 11 you can get expansion once a day with your pp, upping that unarmed damage die by a level.

ComaVision
2015-06-22, 11:03 AM
You can't qualify for Leap Attack at level 1.

gorfnab
2015-06-22, 12:30 PM
Hit-and-Run Tactics is an ACF not a racial substitution, so should be available depending on ruling from your own DM. Most posters on these boards use it for dex based fighter builds.

Rebel7284
2015-06-22, 01:11 PM
While the alternate class feature is under a section that overall describes drow fighters, there is nothing forbidding other races from learning the same style of fighting. Rules explicitly allow you to take it. If you are worried about flavor, you can think about where in your background you may have had a chance to learn from the drow a style that they usually use.

Dyslexic
2015-06-22, 04:25 PM
You can't qualify for Leap Attack at level 1.

You are right, it's a mistake.
I will change with another.

Thankyou at all, I'll think about all the advices!