PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder LF help building the Leper (Darkest Dungeons)

Molosse
2015-06-22, 02:26 PM
A quick synopsis of the Leper to begin: "A ruined man, a warrior, and a poet. The Leper is most effective when given a turn to focus himself before raising his massive blade. When he swings, it is all or nothing - crushing blows and massive damage or the empty whistling of a glancing blow. He is entirely self-sufficient, drawing strength from his life of trauma, and able to channel it into heals, protection, or unrelenting fury."

Suffice to say I'm looking to build a character with the following:

I) The ability to self-buff
II) Hopefully Martial
III) The ability to happily deal with Save-or-suck abilities
IV) Combat is based around swinging a relatively large sword around in both hands.

As of the moment I have a pair of ideas, both based around VMC's and both based around the Unbreakable Fighter Archetype.

A) Unbreakable Fighter (VMC Battle Oracle): With Heroic Recovery/Fortitude, Endurance, Diehard, Battlefield Clarity, the Wasting Curse and Deathless Zealot this build is designed around a spiteful defence, rather than weathering many blows this PC would instead disregard said blows, fighting on despite foul-spells, rancid illness and crippling wounds.

B) Unbreakable Fighter (VMC Bard): A similar set up to the one above but lacking the Oracles curse and it's revelation, but replacing these bonus' with a much more poetic bent. Granting the build better Knowledge, better Skill point economy and the ability to grant buffs to both the Leper and his team.

Any thoughts or suggestions then?

Edit:/ Having a moment to think on it the Unchained Barbarian, with it's stances and Rage, could do well as a Leper.

ekarney
2015-06-23, 12:52 AM
I'd say a Barbarian base would be good, I saw archetype so I'm assuming you'e in PF which I know very little about.

However in 3.5, if any of this translates over, I'd go something like Marshal/Barbarian/Bard

The Bloodrager's an archetype in PF isn't it? I'd go something like that mixed with maybe a skald I'm not too sure how well that would mesh.

I'm suggesting bard-like classes because it ups your buffing power a little more than rage can.
I know 3.5 has a few vermin/disease flavoured PrC's, maybe look at them?

Edit: I've been playing Darkest Dungeons myself, my Leper died before I really got to test him out, the Jester was an interesting class as well.

skypse
2015-06-23, 03:08 AM
What about playing a Scald instead? Barbie rage powers+Bard's spells. Nice buffs and rage to your buddies. VMC with Oracle can give you Lame curse so you can rage-cycle for free. Also, high Will Saves and you can go for Eater of Magic rage power. Only drawback is Medium BAB progression but who really cares? :D

MyrPsychologist
2015-06-23, 03:25 AM
Why not just straight oracle? Why dilute it with fighter at all? The Unbreakable archetype doesn't even seem to give a great deal of advantages and going the VMC route will have you unable to do the things you want until much later in the game. I feel like an oracle of bone, battle, metal, or ancestor would probably just do the same concept better while also giving you the secondary things that you want to do.