PDA

View Full Version : A New Catch Phrase? (Spoilerish)

Holy_Knight
2007-04-27, 03:49 AM
So, Dashing Swordsmen use either puns or a catch phrase, right? Maybe in light of the recent tragedy, Elan will snap, and just start shouting Roy's name as he goes on a reckless, unsustainable rampage of vengeance.

(Hmm... now I want to go on a reckless, unsustainable rampage of vengeance... )

Khoran
2007-04-27, 05:35 AM
Who knows, part of being the Dashing Swordsman is basically being dramatic and somewhat cliche and since we've never actually seen what the class looks like (as far as I know of, anyways), we don't what all it can give Elan. Perhaps there are other class features we havn't seen yet. Perhaps the class has some sort of ability regarding revenge; something that would remind you of a guy like Inigo Montoya.

Somehow, rampage dosn't seem very Elan-y. Anger and a need for vengance, sure, but not a rampage.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-27, 06:37 AM
Maybe he could play a bard's song, a really good one.

Glorfindel
2007-04-27, 07:35 AM
Devise, devise, devise a witty catch phrase?

Fawkes
2007-04-27, 10:46 AM
(Hmm... now I want to go on a reckless, unsustainable rampage of vengeance... )

Don't we all.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-28, 10:27 PM
I was right!

I knew that level in psion was worth it.

Geilan
2007-04-29, 12:44 AM
His new song allows Belkar to rage again, and gives a hit/dam boost to the whole party and Hinjo. They are inspired by his lament, and fight on to victory. -gets high-strung guitar strains-

Demented
2007-04-29, 01:52 AM
Roy died—I survived!

My life for Roy!

In Roy's name!

En taro Roy!

ROOOY GREEEENHILLT!

Archpaladin Zousha
2007-04-29, 01:54 AM
"Hello, my name is Elan. You killed my buddy. Prepare to die!"

Inigo Montoya, the original Dashing Swordsman :smallbiggrin:

unstattedCommoner
2007-04-29, 07:35 AM
"Hello, my name is Elan. You killed my buddy. Prepare to die!"

Inigo Montoya, the original Dashing Swordsman :smallbiggrin:

"Where I come from, there are penalties when a lich necromancer kills a party leader."

"Aha! You just made both of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'don't get involved in a land war in Azure City', but almost as well known is 'never go up against a bard when morale is on the line!'"

cheese534
2007-04-29, 08:06 AM
that might happen,but he might be crushed so bad that he could'nt fight.

NeonRonin
2007-04-29, 10:43 AM
He IS currently too bummed to make puns, so it might be equally hard for him to think up catchphrases. Time to fall back on your bardic training, dude, it's just about all you've got left.