PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Advice for Roleplaying Extremely Low Monster Ability Scores & Nonabilities

unseenmage
2015-06-23, 12:28 AM
So as it turns out you can play a monster character with no Int if your DM allows it.

My question is, how could one go about such an act? Play an animated sword that glints in the sunlight in response to compliments and drags it's blade across stones in response to criticism?Play a vermin and meticulously describe it's 'facial' expressions in place of speech? That sort of thing.

What about other necessary non-abilities or almost non-abilities (Cha 1 for instance); how could one portray them?

Psyren
2015-06-23, 01:03 AM
To be honest, the only real way I could see you actually roleplaying as something mindless is being given orders by something that isn't, like a necromancer with a skeleton.

Crake
2015-06-23, 01:24 AM
To be honest, the only real way I could see you actually roleplaying as something mindless is being given orders by something that isn't, like a necromancer with a skeleton.

At which point you may as well just give over your character to the necromancer

Another way you could do it is to have a programmed nature. Have a flowchart that you refer to at all times to determine your response to different situations. If the flowchart cannot be applied to the situation, you throw errors and malfunction.