PDA

View Full Version : Max amount of attacks

j_spencer93
2015-06-23, 04:02 PM
What is the maximum amount of attacks you can get on your turn?

So far i am up to 10 although i thought someone had said you could get more then that.

fighter - 4
action surge - 4
two weapon fighting- 1 (it isn't doubled right?)
Haste - 1

Demonic Spoon
2015-06-23, 04:06 PM
The highest is actually way higher than that. I don't know the exact optimum number, but it involves abusing hunter ranger's volley + MC to fighter for Action Surge.

JNAProductions
2015-06-23, 05:05 PM
What is the maximum amount of attacks you can get on your turn?

So far i am up to 10 although i thought someone had said you could get more then that.

fighter - 4
action surge - 4
two weapon fighting- 1 (it isn't doubled right?)
Haste - 1

Both TWF and the Haste attack eat your bonus action, so that's only 9, actually.

Edit: Boy, I need to learn to check the rulebook. I was dead wrong.

Z3ro
2015-06-23, 05:10 PM
Both TWF and the Haste attack eat your bonus action, so that's only 9, actually.

Not correct; haste explicitly grants you an extra action (not bonus action) that you can dash, disengage, hide, use and object or make a single weapon attack.

But as stated, the highest number of attacks would be an action surged volley attack with swift quiver and haste, limited only to how many guys you can fit into that 10ft area.

ThermalSlapShot
2015-06-23, 05:11 PM
The highest is actually way higher than that. I don't know the exact optimum number, but it involves abusing hunter ranger's volley + MC to fighter for Action Surge.

This plus haste.

You can get off a one shot with the bow... T

hough Volley is one weapon attack... Nah...

I need to look into the wording of volley and stuff cause I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work as a bonus action... But three Volley attacks in one turn would be sweet.

Z3ro
2015-06-23, 06:43 PM
This plus haste.

You can get off a one shot with the bow... T

hough Volley is one weapon attack... Nah...

I need to look into the wording of volley and stuff cause I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work as a bonus action... But three Volley attacks in one turn would be sweet.

Actually good point; with volley (presumably) getting the same "one attack" treatment as whirlwind, you could make three in one turn. One normal, one action surge, then one with haste. Since it's a single weapon attack it qualifies for haste's bonus action; good catch.

ThermalSlapShot
2015-06-23, 06:58 PM
Actually good point; with volley (presumably) getting the same "one attack" treatment as whirlwind, you could make three in one turn. One normal, one action surge, then one with haste. Since it's a single weapon attack it qualifies for haste's bonus action; good catch.

Thanks but I was mostly being silly but... Yeah it should work.

I haven't gotten to look into it as I'm away from my books but... Ouch talk about a good burst of damage relatively to what others get.

numerek
2015-06-24, 01:48 AM
I have some builds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?376214-Thoughts-on-High-number-of-attacks-in-one-turn&p=18236295) that can do many attacks whether you are attacking 1 creature or 20+ creatures. where as volley is dependent on how many things there are to attack.

Vogonjeltz
2015-06-25, 04:27 PM

It's an action that makes an attack, but it's not the Attack action, so it wouldn't qualify on that basis. Insofar as the original question goes, are we more concerned with the number of attack actions that can be made, the number of attack rolls that can be made, or something else?

Giant2005
2015-06-25, 07:59 PM
A Ranger 11/Fighter 2 with Whirlwind Attack, Action Surge, Haste, Polearm Master, Horde Breaker and any reach weapon could attack a potential 96 Tiny creatures twice each with Whirlwind Attack and Action Surge, then attack 3 of them an extra time each via Polearm Master, Horde Breaker and Hast for a total of 195 attack rolls.

j_spencer93
2015-06-26, 07:03 PM
how would you even get that many bonus actions for pole arm master???

Giant2005
2015-06-26, 07:12 PM
how would you even get that many bonus actions for pole arm master???

Polearm Master just gives the one bonus action. It is Whirlwind Attack + packing as many tiny creatures in the area as possible that does the bulk of the work.

j_spencer93
2015-06-27, 07:27 AM
ah i see. guss that was my bad.

Paeleus
2015-06-27, 01:03 PM
It may seem I'm on an Animated Objects kick lately, but a sorc Fighter 18/2 casting it at 9th and 8th level slots via action surge gets 34 attacks with small or tiny objects. Combine that with a quickened eldritch blast picked up through magic initiate grants you 38 attack rolls.

Oops just realized the spell states that the objects attack as a bonus action.