PDA

View Full Version : spit venom + lurk augments = will this work?

daremetoidareyo
2015-06-23, 08:06 PM
I'm playing around with a build that looks like this:

NE killoren lurk 6 with 1st: verminfriend (DoU), flaw: spider bite(PGtF), flaw: spit poison (SK) , 3rd: lurk augment ranged (CP), and 6th: deadly spittle (SK)

The spider bite gives you an injected poison that does 1d4 str/1d4 str. Spit poison allows you to make a ranged touch attack to make it into a contact poison. Lurk augment: ranged allows you to apply lurk augments to ranged attacks. Kiloren destroyer aspect allows you to make a smite attack at +charisma bonus to attack and +1 damage per HD. The lurk augment of value here is solid strike, which increases damage by +2, with an additional +1 per PP spent.

Does the ability damage get increased by the smite or the solid strike? Spiderbite is a bit nebulous as it is a vile feat: is it supernatural or ex? Can the smite bonus apply to a poison that damages abilities? How about the untyped +2 damage from precognition, offense? If any of these apply to the poison spittle as a ranged touch attack, when deadly spittle comes into play (spit becomes a 15' cone) do the same damage bonuses apply?

The Viscount
2015-06-24, 12:00 PM
Due to the fact that most smite only works with melee attack, there's no clear rules on how that interacts with spit venom, since killoren smite has no restrictions. The bonus to attack almost certainly applies, but the bonus to damage is on shaky ground using precision damage as a precedent. Deadly spittle is somewhat vague, but since it says it's a cone shaped burst, that means no attack roll, so it's not really an attack, and you can't smite with it.

Offensive Prescience technically applies to poison damage rolls to the best of my knowledge, and this will apply to deadly spittle as well.

All vile feats are supernatural.

Solid strike to the best of my knowledge would apply to spit venom, but not to deadly spittle because it isn't an attack.

daremetoidareyo
2015-06-24, 10:34 PM
Viscount: you are greatly appreciated. That all seems fair to me. The killoren smite will be added to damage, not poison damage (say, if it were combined with sneak attack damage dice).