PDA

View Full Version : charnel touch + arcane channeling

Rentirith
2015-06-23, 08:16 PM
Can the Charnel Touch from the dread necromancer work with the arcane channeling from the duskblade? if not, then is there any way to pair CT with a weapon?

Flickerdart
2015-06-23, 08:18 PM
Can the Charnel Touch from the dread necromancer work with the arcane channeling from the duskblade? if not, then is there any way to pair CT with a weapon?

Arcane Channeling: Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack.
Charnel Touch (Su)

No.

Zaq
2015-06-23, 11:57 PM
Arcane Channeling: Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your weapon with a melee attack.
Charnel Touch (Su)

No.

Correct me if I'm wrong, OP, but I believe the question is not "can I channel Charnel Touch into a weapon" but instead "can I channel a spell through Charnel Touch," is that correct?

If that's the case, the answer is still no, but for a different reason. You can't use Arcane Channeling with Charnel Touch because both of them require a standard action, so you can't activate one while activating the other.

Urpriest
2015-06-24, 08:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, OP, but I believe the question is not "can I channel Charnel Touch into a weapon" but instead "can I channel a spell through Charnel Touch," is that correct?

If that's the case, the answer is still no, but for a different reason. You can't use Arcane Channeling with Charnel Touch because both of them require a standard action, so you can't activate one while activating the other.

I also suspect you can't hold the charge on Charnel Touch and use Arcane Channeling with it in the next round, since the language on holding the charge seems specific to spells.

noob
2015-06-24, 08:47 AM
If I remember well there is a feat who allows to attack with your fist together with a contact effect but you do have to hit the complete ac of the opponent and so it is not miraculous.

Flickerdart
2015-06-24, 09:41 AM
If I remember well there is a feat who allows to attack with your fist together with a contact effect but you do have to hit the complete ac of the opponent and so it is not miraculous.
It's not a feat. When you are holding a spell's charge, you can choose to deliver it with an unarmed attack.

atemu1234
2015-06-24, 11:07 AM
It's not a feat. When you are holding a spell's charge, you can choose to deliver it with an unarmed attack.

Now I want to make a Superior Unarmed Strike Dread Necromancer.

Ruethgar
2015-06-24, 07:21 PM

Actually it is a feat, Improved Unarmed Strike, Rules Compendium p132.

Flickerdart
2015-06-25, 09:08 AM
Actually it is a feat, Improved Unarmed Strike, Rules Compendium p132.
The rules presented in RC in have no language saying that they invalidate the existing rules for this from the PHB. RAW, you would deal your unarmed damage, and then if you have IUS, deal unarmed damage again.