PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge!

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-27, 02:19 PM
Twenty levels, with standard treasure for character level.

Max out Bluff, Intimidate, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive. Highest combined score wins. Spells and spell-like abilities are only allowed if they affect you and you alone. Don't worry about actual game viability. WotC books are allowed, but not third-party content or magazines.

Oh, and to make it a little more interesting, treat Intimidate as Strength-based instead of Charisma-based.

You have until Friday the 4th becomes Saturday the 5th, Central time.

Have fun.

Indon
2007-04-27, 02:23 PM
Book limitations?

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-27, 02:25 PM
Anything WotC. Third-party not allowed, nor magazines. I shall add that to the first post. I thought of it while typing that, but then completely forgot about it. :P

Human Paragon 3
2007-04-27, 02:45 PM
Not exactly sure how i'd do this, but I think you could get a decent build if you used a level of all the major fighting classes including wolf totem barbarian, a level of the changeling druid variant in the PHBII, a level of rogue and every class and prestiege class that allows sneak attack at level 1, a couple casting levels for buffing spells, a level of Monk for flurry, the Improved Trip feat and the Kick em While They're Down feat which lets you sneak attack prone foes.

With all this you could probably make a decent build that trips opponents in wolf form and then unleaches a bunch of sneak attacks on their prone opponent. Too lazy to work out all the PrCs needed, but it could concievably be effective.... against humanoid opponents...

goat
2007-04-27, 02:54 PM
Well, of core, I think only the Rogue has all those as class skills.

Flying Elephant
2007-04-27, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Gaurd Juris;2489057]Not exactly sure how i'd do this, but I think you could get a decent build if you used a level of all the major fighting classes ... (cut to shorten)[QUOTE] Is this on the right thread? :smallconfused: This is a challenge on social skills, not trip.

Zherog
2007-04-27, 03:02 PM
I suspect including a level of marshal with the Motivate Charisma aura will be in the "winning" build.

Human Paragon 3
2007-04-27, 03:05 PM
You're right, it's the wrong thread! Thought it was the 20 level challenge (20 differant classes, one level each, make an effective character).

JaronK
2007-04-27, 04:11 PM
Bard 18/Martial 1/Binder 1. Cast Glibness and bind the guy that lets you take rapid diplomacy checks. Honestly, that's plenty for a diplomancer.

JaronK