PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Geoshora

Lemunde
2015-06-24, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the land of Geoshora, a desolate realm full of danger, riches, adventure and glory! It has been seven years since the war ended between the elves and the Aarman Empire. The empire in cooperation with the elven nations have sent several expeditions to Eastern Geoshora. Many settlements and outposts have sprung up in that time, luring adventurers, miners and those seeking to start a new life to the great desert.

Our story begins at Bleached Bone Harbor, the largest settlement in Geoshora just after noon. A ship has just pulled into the docks and the passengers are beginning to debark.

A young man in a white shirt on the docks is passing out fliers to the passengers as they debark. As both of you step off the ship he hands each of you one.
"On behalf of the Whale Skull Inn and Tavern and it's proprietors I welcome you to Bleached Bone Harbor. As you are no doubt weary from weeks at sea I invite you to come on down and dine at my fine establishment.

This flier is good for 1 free meat item of your choice, 1 free bowl of soup and 2 free tankards of ale at the Whale Skull Inn and Tavern. Enjoy!"

At the bottom is signed the name "Thenmer Kegbane, Innkeep"

The two of you are sitting at the bar having a drink at the Whale Skull Inn and Tavern. The room is rather large and has several round wooden tables spread around it. The inn is still busy from the midday rush of patrons coming in for a meal or to quench their thirst from the hot desert sun. Most of the patrons are either local merchants or rangers. You know that rangers often use this inn as a place to offer their services to travelers.

Sitting near the entrance, greeting customers as they come in, is a black bearded dwarf with a towel draped over his shoulder. You know him as Thenmer Kegbane, the innkeeper. Lorfut Kegbane, his younger brother, is tending the bar. Two waitresses, a vibrant young human and a half-elf wearing a red bandana tied over her head, are serving customers.

http://i.imgur.com/mM4zN1f.jpg

1: Whale Skull Inn and Tavern
2: Magistrate's Office/Jail
3: Magistrate's Residence

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423510-OOC-Geoshora)

Irish Musician
2015-06-24, 12:33 PM
Puck (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=246510), Half-Elf Bard
Puck sits with Charlie, enjoying a mead and listening to all the chatter of the Inn. Having been around the Inn for a few weeks now, he feels comfortable enough to hop on the bar, pull out his lute, and start singing and playing a song. He first sings a song about a halfling hero, small in stature but large in heart. He then sings a couple of dwarven drinking songs to get the crowd going. After the drinking songs, Puck waves his hand in front of himself and many of the torches and candles dim, and some go out. He then launches into an elven ballad about the fairest maiden, how her beauty matched no others. As he sung on, he slung his lute on his back and stopped the waitresses from walking around. He knelt in front of them and sang to them, both in common and elven, serenading the two ladies. When he finishes his song, he takes his bow and kisses the two maidens' hands, giving them winks. He claps his hands together and the candles and torches go back to their original brightness.

He goes back to sit with Charlie, large smile on his face, "Well that was fun," and takes a large swing from his mead. Puck had come to really like Charlie in the past few weeks. They had grown closer and really struck up a great rapport over their shared love of knowledge and seeking said knowledge out. The little halfling had quite grown on him.

Lank
2015-06-24, 08:04 PM
Rosdir climbs off the boat. He had stooged a lot of the sailors out of their pay so he decided sticking around may be detrimental to his health. He is handed the flier and reads it thoroughly, he then pats his pocket just to make sure his two loaded dice are still there. "Hmm Whale Skull Inn an Tavern, probably a hive of suckers ripe for the picking" he thinks to himself.

'Where is this Inn of yours? Perhaps you would be a lamb and take me there, after you are finished handing out flyers of course" he says to the man in the white shirt.

Verte
2015-06-24, 08:23 PM
Armin takes the flier, looks it over carefully, looks for directions, and then juts in between Rosdir and the man handing out fliers. He looks the man handing out fliers in the eye and says "Hey, so where is this 'Whale Skull Inn'? This flier you gave me doesn't have any directions, no address, either."

Lemunde
2015-06-25, 08:39 PM
The song of the halfling hero did a fair job of getting the crowd warmed up. The majority of the patrons clap their hands or pound their fists on the tables in rhythm to the dwarven drinking songs. The young lady blushes at the serenade but the half-elven maiden slaps you in the face for some reason. In the end you come out ahead and several of the patrons toss you a few silver or a gold coin in appreciation. In total you earn 5 gold.

The young man smiles as several people ask him for directions. "Couldn't be easier, my friends! Just follow the main road up there. It will wind it's way through the west side of town and you will see the inn just before you reach the outskirts. It's impossible to miss!"

Lank
2015-06-25, 09:29 PM
Rosdir looks at Armin. "Since we are heading to the same place we might as well go there together, the name is Rosdir Foxfire; adventurer, professional gambler, ladies man".

Verte
2015-06-25, 10:43 PM
Armin thanks the man with the fliers and then turns towards Rosdir and extends a hand "Yes, there can't be any harm in that. My name is Armin Dumell. I gamble myself, but only recreationally." He pauses, and asks "What is your game?"

Lank
2015-06-25, 10:47 PM
"I think a better question is what isn't the game, I prefer dice games though".
Rosdir begins to walk off the dock and towards the inn.

Lemunde
2015-06-28, 11:40 AM
Armin and Rosdir travel north up the main road. You pass several large buildings on the way, what you might presume to be store houses of some kind. You also pass a small procession of what looks like some kind of local official and his entourage of servants and guards followed by a horse drawn cart carrying what appears to be luggage. The official has a rather dour look on his face.

Eventually you reach what could only be the Whale Skull Inn and Tavern, notable for the massive upper portion of a whale's skull serving as an overhang for the porch. Near the entrance you see some kind of notice board with several different fliers stuck to it. You hear the sounds of singing and gruff laughter coming from inside.

Lank
2015-06-28, 07:17 PM
Rosdir enters and instinctively looks for any kind of gambling currently being played.

[roll0]

Verte
2015-06-28, 11:41 PM
Armin follows Rosdir into the inn, and tries to size up the crowd. He especially wants to know if anyone's armed, or looks like they're about to start a fight. He also wants to find the innkeeper or barkeeper.

Irish Musician
2015-06-29, 09:22 AM
Puck doesn't notice the two walk in as he finishes up his love song, which ends up being both good and bad for him. The human women tend to swoon more than the half-elven women.....half-elves tend to know their own kind and that makes it a bit harder, sometimes, to woo said strumpets. Puck bows and takes his gold, sitting back at the table.

It is then that he notices a human and an elf dressed up much like adventurers walk into the bar. He doesn't say anything to them, but sits back in his chair, keeping an eye on them. Puck pulls out his dagger, flinging it into the air and catching it, and proceeds to clean his fingernails as he watches them. Hmmm, the thinks to himself, what an odd pair to be coming in together. I wonder what their story is.... He sheaths his dagger one more, pulls out his fiddle, and sits up on the bar again. He starts to play some songs, but strictly instrumental this time.

Lemunde
2015-06-29, 06:04 PM
As Armin and Rosdir step into the inn, a black bearded dwarf with a towel draped over his shoulder greets them. "Welcome, welcome!" He looks them up and down. "Newcomers, eh? Sit anywhere you like. Tarni! These gentlemen are thirsty!" The half-elven waitress rolls her eyes, walks over to them and waits for them to find a seat before taking their orders.

Rosdir: The bar is full of several heavily armed rangers but none of them seem like they're interested in starting anything. There are also several miners openly carrying a dagger on their belts. A half elf at the bar was fiddling with his dagger when you came in but then put it away and started strumming on a fiddle. Generally everyone seems cheerful except for one ranger in the corner who appears distraught and exhausted.

Armin: No one is currently playing any games but you get the sense that these are the kinds of people who would be into that sort of thing.

Lank
2015-06-29, 07:47 PM
"A good hunter waits for his prey when they are drunker" he think to himself.
He steps in and sits at the bar. He gestures the serving girl to come over to him.
"Can I please have some light ale? my sweet lady?" he says with his usual elven charm.

Verte
2015-06-30, 09:27 PM
Armin tries to find a seat at the bar that is near Rosdir but that also affords some view of the room. He sits down, unfolds the flier, and waits for one of the waitresses to notice him. He also looks briefly at the half-elf with the fiddle, and the distraught ranger.

Lemunde
2015-07-01, 04:28 PM
Tarni follows Rosdir and Armin over to the bar, carrying an empty tray. When Rosdir asks her for a light light ale she responds "Very well." Turning to Armin she says "And you sir?" After taking his order she turns to Puck and asks him if he would like anything else then walks away to fill the orders.

The dwarf behind the bar starts wiping it down and says "So, what brings you fellas over to this side of the world? Gold, I reckon? Or are you more of the adventuring type? Got plenty of both around here."

Armin: The ranger off in the corner appears to be downing several glasses of water, as if he'd been doing some kind of strenuous labor in the hot sun all day. The waitresses stop by and check on him periodically. You try to read his expression but he appears to be too focused on drinking to reveal anything.

Lank
2015-07-01, 07:54 PM
Rosdir turns around and looks at the dwarf. "You had it right the first time dwarf, i'm here for the gold. Not going to try and sugarcoat that".

Verte
2015-07-03, 04:50 PM
Armin replies to the barkeep and says "Adventure, I suppose. I fought in the war, and I don't want to get soft. Coming to Geoshora seemed like the most obvious challenge around. I figure you get types like me and like the elf here coming in fairly often, then?"

Irish Musician
2015-07-03, 05:14 PM
Puck continues to play his fiddle, going into some slow airs, listening to the conversation next to him.

Lemunde
2015-07-05, 02:25 AM
The barkeep nods to Armin. "Aye, that we do. Few come here for anything else, though we did get that group of missionaries a few weeks back headin' up to Raziel's Spite. Said they were going to set up a church near Keld. From what I hear that probably didn't go so well..."

The dwarf trails off for a moment then continues. "Well in any case the board outside has some job listings on it. They're always looking for more miners further inland. If yer lookin' for some action... Well it's not hard to find but all the same you might head to Last Water. They got a ranger's guild set up there and they take pretty much anybody who's got the guts to take on the wild beasts here."

Lank
2015-07-05, 07:03 AM
Rosdir listens to the dwarf attentively."Rangers Guild aye, sounds more like a bunch of fairy boys prancing around in the wilderness to me." Rosdir smirks apparently entertained by his own remark despite the fact that he is an elf drinking light ale in a bar full of hardened frontier folk making him most likely the closest thing to a "fairy boy" around. "Do you run poker nights here, barkeep?"

Lemunde
2015-07-06, 02:10 AM
The barkeep, his eyes wide, steps back a couple of paces. After a moment you all realize that the tavern has suddenly become eerily quiet.

Lank
2015-07-06, 03:07 AM
Rosdir looks at the dwarf strangely. "Uh oh" worried he may have just struck a nerve with his comment on rangers Rosdir spins around on his chair to see if the people are directing their gaze at him.

Lemunde
2015-07-06, 04:40 AM
The patrons do indeed all have their gazes fixed on Rosdir. One of the larger and more heavily armed rangers is getting up from a nearby table and walking over. He does not look happy.

Lank
2015-07-06, 04:44 AM
The patrons do indeed all have their gazes fixed on Rosdir. One of the larger and more heavily armed rangers is getting up and walking over. He does not look happy.

"Ah hello there my friend, care for a drink?" This isn't the first time Rosdir has been in a situation like this. He knows that getting out of situations like these with all of your teeth intact require a certain amount of wits and charisma.

Irish Musician
2015-07-07, 12:24 AM

Puck continues to play but then he hears the quip about the rangers and his playing slows way down. He looks at the elf, and then at the bar patrons, Oh boy, this is not going to end well for that idiot elf, Puck thinks to himself. As the Ranger approaches he waits to see what will happen, and if it is absolutely essential he will step in....but he wants to see what unfolds. He puts his fiddle up and sets his hand on his rapier....just in case.

Lemunde
2015-07-07, 02:14 AM
The man walks slowly up to Rosdir. Even with Rosdir sitting on a stool the big ranger stands tall enough to have to look down at him. At Rosdir's offer the man just gives him a derisive chuckle and gets right up in his face.

"You know it wouldn't be a thing for me to match your face with this bar. But I don't think Thenmer would appreciate me roughing up his establishment. Honestly it doesn't even matter. Your kind won't last a day around here. So I tell you what. This one's on me. Drink up. Because it's certain to be your last."

With that he slams his palm hard down on the bar with a loud thud that somehow echoes throughout the tavern. A moment later he slowly returns to his table and the tavern begins to return to it's original level of activity. On the bar where his hand was are two silver pieces.

"Boy," the bartender says to Rosdir, "you'd best be careful what you say. A lot of people around here aren't very fond of elves. Talk like that coming from you is likely to get you tied down in front of a scorper's den."

Lank
2015-07-07, 03:23 AM
Rosdir laughs at the ranger when he walks away. Rosdir knows he should have left it at that but his pride and smugness gets the better of him all. Ignoring the bartender Rosdir jumps off the bar stool. "If you were going to buy me drinks every time I insult someone you might want to just empty your coin purse onto the counter and call it a night". Rosdir climbs up onto the bar he points at the ranger. "You sir have the misfortune of crossing Rosdir Foxfire, adventurer, professional gambler, ladies man.....wrecker of your night" Rosdir exhales loudly. "You have insulted my stainless honor! I challenge you to a duel foul dreg. Fight me if you be a man!" Rosdir draws his rapier ready for the ranger's response he then winks at one of the waitresses.
Rosdir knows that this is all a ploy, if he wins he knows he will have earnt respect. If he loses he will just pickpocket the ranger later.

Lemunde
2015-07-07, 09:53 AM
The ranger lets out an annoyed sigh and reaches over and picks up a rather wicked looking glaive that was resting against the table he was sitting at. Wielding it menacingly he turns to Rosdir.

"Alright, elf boy. I was..."

"BORIS!" A gruff voice yells out from the dwarf standing near the entrance. "You know the rules. Take it outside!"

Somewhat flustered at the interruption, the man apparently named Boris turns, glaive in hand, and walks towards the door. Several of the patrons get up and follow, eager for some entertainment. The rest have their eyes fixed on Rosdir, curious if he will follow up on his challenge.

"Fight 'em if you want," the dwarf from behind the bar says to Rosdir, "but if you don't get the hell off of my bar yer gonna have me to deal with!"

Lank
2015-07-07, 11:16 AM
Rosdir smirks "Relax barkeep, it will be over in a few minutes". Rosdir jumps off the bar and walks outside.

Once outside Rosdir faces directly at the man. "Let me just lay out some ground rules. Rule 1. No killing, I don't want your life on my conscience, Rule 2. The duel is over until one party yields or is unconscious. Rule 3. This is between you and me, keep your buddies out of this. Are we clear?

Irish Musician
2015-07-07, 12:17 PM
Puck watches as the elf fires back at the ranger, challenging him to a duel. He can't believe what he is hearing, and laughs out audibly. He follows the crowd out and takes a spot, sitting high on some barrels. "Finally, some entertainment that I don't have to provide. Nice to be able to sit back and just watch."

Verte
2015-07-07, 10:52 PM
Armin was looking forward to his ale, and his meal, and is somewhat disappointed that it will be delayed. On the other hand, he just spent a long time aboard a ship with little action, so he decides to head outside to watch the fight. He heads outside the bar and leans against the wall just under the porch.

Lemunde
2015-07-09, 09:11 PM
Boris points his glaive at Rosdir. "There's only one rule, elf boy. I make the rules."

However he doesn't begin the fight immediately. There seems to be some informal pre-duel setting up going on. People are positioning themselves in a circle around the combatants in the street and some people are placing bets on the outcome.

From the crowd you here people call out "5 gold says elf boy eats it!". "I'll take that action!", "3 gold on elf boy!", etc...

Irish Musician
2015-07-10, 09:26 AM

Puck leans over to a man near him, "Give me 10g on the idiot elf.....I've always liked a long shot." He gives the man a wink and slings his lute over in front of him. "To the duelers, good luck. May your strikes be true, and your victory be swift. And may your opponent not embarrass you in front of all these lovely people!" Puck grabs a man's beer that is next to him and lifts it up in a toast to the two duelers. He gives he beer back, after taking a swig, and strums once on his lute. "A song of war, for the warriors." Puck starts playing his lute, a quick, powerful song that is full of energy and vitality. It goes quick and makes the crowd anxious for a fight.

Verte
2015-07-10, 02:19 PM
Armin decides to stay out of the betting - instead, he observes the crowd. He keeps an eye out to see if the big ranger has any pals who look like they're ready to jump into the fight if it turns pear-shaped for him. He thinks that the pre-fight commotion would serve as a perfect distraction.

Lank
2015-07-11, 06:56 PM
Rosdir looks at the ranger, with formalities out the way he rushes in with his rapier before the ranger get get a hit in with that nasty looking glaive. "Prepare to bleed foolish one!" he shouts.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1]

Lemunde
2015-07-12, 02:13 AM
Boris glances irritably over at one of his buddies, the one who made a bet against him. It's enough for him to be caught off guard by Rosdir's swift attack and the rapier pierces through his scale armor near the shoulder. "Bastard!" Boris responds by shoving the shaft of his glaive into Rosdir's face with both hands.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (technically slashing damage if it matters)

Lank
2015-07-12, 06:12 AM
The glaive swings at Rosdir but he bends his back over backwards as it whooshes above his head. "Missed me!" he says cockily. He then lunges in for another strike.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] non-lethal piercing damage.
[roll2] extra damage on potential crit.

Lemunde
2015-07-12, 07:02 AM
Rosdir somehow manages to find the exact same hole in Boris' armor that he made before and plunges it deep, exacerbating the wound. Boris cries out in pain in anguish and swings his glaive wildly at Rosdir.

The crowd is in an uproar at this point. From the sound of things a lot of people are quite angry with the way the duel is progressing. The man who took Puck's bet (a burly miner from the looks of him) is certainly scowling and clinching his fists.

Damage: [roll1]
Crit?: [roll2]

Lank
2015-07-12, 07:46 AM
Rosdir sidesteps when the glaive comes round at him once more, it misses his stomach with room to spare. "Your scar will be nice reminder of this day" says Rosdir as he lunges again.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] non lethal piercing upon hit
[roll2] bonus damage on crit

Irish Musician
2015-07-12, 12:20 PM

Once the duel actually starts, Puck puts his Lute away and starts to play his whistle. His tune is fast and harsh, a March, as the two men attack each other. Each time the elf lands a blow, he intentionally makes a mistake on his March and makes a big deal out of it....mocking the ranger for letting the big-mouthed elf get the better of him. And each time the ranger misses, Puck interrupts his song to play a few small, sad notes.

It isn't that he wants the ranger to win because he likes the elf or anything. But 10g is 10g.....

Lemunde
2015-07-13, 11:06 AM
The crowd grows rowdier with each passing moment. Curses and threats at Rosdir, Boris and each other can be heard throughout. Boris gains control over his frustration and anger enough to dodge the elf's next attack and follows up with a thrust from his glaive...

Damage: [roll1]
Crit?: [roll2]

Lank
2015-07-13, 11:55 AM
The glaive comes thrusting towards Rosdir again, and once more Rosdir dodges it easily. Rosdir keeps his guard up.
Say, how much have you had to drink tonight?" Rosdir asks before going for the wound he had already made before.

[roll0] to hit
[roll1] non-lethal piercing damage
[roll2] extra damage on potential crit.

Lemunde
2015-07-15, 12:25 AM
In a desperate attempt to dodge Rosdir's rapier, Boris throws himself off balance and falls over. In doing so he fumbles with his glaive, tossing it into the air. A particularly heavy portion of the shaft strikes him in the head as he strikes the ground, knocking him out cold.

A mix of laughter and anger floods over the crowd.

"You cheating son of a...!"

From somewhere in the crowd a bottle gets thrown at Rosdir but he dodges it easily.

"I lost 10 gold because of you!"

The burly man Puck had made a bet with, rather than pay up immediately, cracks his knuckles and moves towards Rosdir's direction. Three other similarly angry bruisers follow suit. Seeing this, most of the other people in the crowd start to hastily disperse.

Lank
2015-07-15, 07:47 AM
Rosdir looks at the three men approaching him and keeps his guard up. "I would watch out if i were you, I have powerful magic! Did you not just see how I made your friend here fall on his own weapon? He was lucky he didn't chop his own head off!"

Deception [roll0] for deception
Intimidate [roll1] for intimidation

Irish Musician
2015-07-15, 08:48 AM
Puck's entertainment for the night has been wonderful. He sees a man get thrown on his ass, by a cocky elf even, and his face has a large smile on it. But his smile is diminished somewhat when the man he made a bet with walks off to, what he assumes, is beat the crap out of this elf. Puck sighs and whispers to himself, "The elf made me 10g.....it would be poor manners to not help him out here I guess."

Puck jumps down from hi barrels and rushes in front of the advancing men...in between them and Rosdir, "Hey! What in the nine hells do you all think you are doing?" He gives a stern look to each man advancing, putting his flute away and putting a hand on his rapier. "While this elf might be a **** sonofabitch, he won that fight fair a square. And I would be the last one to admit that, you all know. And you," he points to the man who he made the bet with. "Are you really just going to leave and not pay me my money? Are you that dishonorable that your word means nothing? This elf didn't lose any of you anything. If you are going to be mad, be mad at the man who whacked himself in the head with his own damned weapon!" He lets that sink in before continuing on, "I mean really, if you aren't good enough to wield your own weapon, should you really be dueling a strange elf that just walked into the pub?"

Puck once again, gives nice eye contact to each man, staring them down, "Now, with my winnings I was going to try and make this night even more enjoyable with a round for everyone......BUT if I don't get my money and I have to fight all of you, then I will be much less generous. What do you say gents? Leave the loser to lick his wounds and lets all go get a pint from our wonderful Kegbane brothers. Have I steered you wrong yet?" Puck hopes his words calm the men down, because he really doesn't want to get into a fight again......he wants to go try and woo that human waitress some more :smallamused:

Lemunde
2015-07-17, 09:08 AM
If any of the men believe Rosdir's bluff they aren't showing it. They still seem intent on enacting some form of physical retribution on Rosdir, Boris or both but stop short when Puck steps up. Puck's long winded speech gives them time to cool down somewhat and take stock of their situation.

"Well..." the burly miner says, eying the rapiers the two men are wielding. Looking around he sees the wiry man behind them reaching for something on his belt. "Just bad luck all around. I guess it's not worth spending a night in jail..." He looks over at a couple of town guards down the street who are observing the situation intently.

With that he spits on the ground, tosses a fistful of gold coins at Puck's feet, then storms off down the street. The other men, seeing their advantage deteriorating, shortly follow suit.

Irish Musician
2015-07-17, 09:48 AM

Puck gets his rapier, picks up the gold with it, and then sheaths it again...all with some fairly good speed and dexterity. He calls to the men leaving, "I was serious about a drink on my boys. The offer still stands." This time Puck doesn't try to look menacing or even put any sarcastic inflection in his voice. He is dead serious. "If not tonight, then I will buy one for you later." He then turns to this elf that won him some money, "Best be careful what you say around here from now on. You seem powerful...that's good...but a duel between two is very different than a fight between one and many. Those pointy ears won't help your rep around here either....folk around here don't take kindly to the fey ones, save for half breeds like myself cuz we get treated like **** my elves too. Nor will calling the rangers around here pansies. You are 0 for 2 today, my friend." He pauses and sees if Rosdir reacts in any way. "Anyway, it is done with. Come on in and I'll buy you a drink...as long as you don't cause any more trouble...for me at least. Just watch your back tonight." He turns away and then turns back, "That wasn't a threat, by the way. Just a friendly piece of advise. People tend to hold grudges and I might not be there to save you next time." Puck winks at the elf and then turns back to go inside.

Puck pockets his winnings and goes back into the bar. He plunks a couple of gold in the dwarf's hand and stands up on the table. "A good showing from both opponents, and good entertainment from them as well. A round for all!" Puck hops back down and leans in to Thenmer, "Serve drinks free of charge as long as that gold lasts." With a wink he pulls out his fiddle and starts to play a lively bunch of tunes.

Lank
2015-07-17, 11:01 PM
"Folk around here hate elves, that is not really a surprise to me. We did kick their asses in the war despite what they will have you believe. I'm never one to turn down a free drink however. So what's your name stanger?"

Verte
2015-07-20, 02:16 PM
Armin follows Puck and Rosdir into the inn, overhearing some of their conversation. He sits down at the bar and waits for an opening in the conversation to speak to Puck. He says to him: "Well, that was quite a show. It isn't at every bar that the musician breaks up the fights. How long have you been here for, if you don't mind me asking?"

Irish Musician
2015-07-21, 06:04 PM
As they pub got to a more normal state of being, Puck started talking with his two new interesting "friends".

"Folk around here hate elves, that is not really a surprise to me. We did kick their asses in the war despite what they will have you believe. I'm never one to turn down a free drink however. So what's your name stanger?"
Puck smiles a large smile, "The name's Puck. Bard of the people and seeker of knowledge both big and small. And what is your name, elf who seems to want to get his ass kicked?" Puck lets out a large laugh as he fingers a particularly fast and hard part of his jig.

"Well, that was quite a show. It isn't at every bar that the musician breaks up the fights. How long have you been here for, if you don't mind me asking?"
Puck turns to his other new friend, "Why thank you. But we bards are far more than just mere musicians.....we know a little bit of everything and are more capable fighters than most give us credit for. Which, of course, usually ends in them being very embarrassed." Puck gives a wink to Armin. "As for your question, I have been here for a little bit of a spell, heh, with a wizard friend I met. Where he has run off to, I haven't the foggiest. And long enough to know not to go touting elf praise and insulting rangers....unlike your companion." Puck gives another sly smirk to Rosdir.

Lank
2015-07-24, 08:33 PM
"For someone who enjoys watching rangers get their ass kicked you don't pay much attention to the taunts don't you, Rosdir Foxfire.....you know the rest".

Lemunde
2015-07-27, 09:53 AM
Thenmer had been watching the fight from the tavern entrance. His expression turns sour as many of his customers decide to vacate the area but brightens a bit when Puck hands him the gold as he enters.

The tavern is a little more sparse now with only the few who weren't interested in watching the fight still at their tables. A lot quieter too. Puck gets a few smiles and approving gestures from those who are left when he offers free drinks to everyone.

The man sitting at the table in the corner is still there and appears to be lost in thought.

Irish Musician
2015-07-27, 10:11 AM

"For someone who enjoys watching rangers get their ass kicked you don't pay much attention to the taunts don't you, Rosdir Foxfire.....you know the rest".
"I enjoy anyone getting their asses kicked. I'm not much for beating of the chest and displays of manliness. I'd much rather drink and sing the night away." With that Puck concludes his set of jigs he was playing. If there are applause, he bows.

He does notice the man still in the corner lost in thought. He grabs a couple of whiskeys from the dwarf, saunters over to the man, and places one of the drinks in font of him. Puck them pulls out his fiddle and starts playing a slow air, "A penny for your thoughts friend? I'm no bartender, but a Bard can be an amazing ear to talk to. We are very good listeners!" Puck continues playing and watches the man's reaction to him.

Lemunde
2015-07-29, 04:25 AM
The man takes the whiskey from Puck, pours himself a glass then downs it. After a moment of staring into his glass he replies "It's probably better if I don't say anything just yet. I imagine the magistrate will be making some kind of announcement soon enough. Let's just say if you see anyone traveling to Keld or Raziel's Spite tell them to stay home."

Irish Musician
2015-07-30, 12:49 AM
As he plays and listens to the man, many thoughts race through his head. "As someone who has a thirst for knowledge and a large curiosity, I do not know if I can wait." He gives the man a wink, "Besides, if I am to learn what is going to happen soon anyway....what's the harm?" Puck gives the man a large smile, in an almost overly cheesy way.

Persuasion [roll0]