PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros for the Wii... anyone know a release date yet, or anything about it?

Mr. Mud
2007-04-27, 03:43 PM
Anyone know a release date yet, or anything about it? I mean really they said November 15, 2006 then March 15 2007 now its undetermined? Is this good because they are fixing major bugs OR bad because it is coming out so late and may ber all hype?:smallconfused:

Setra
2007-04-27, 05:34 PM
Wikipedia says TBA 2007, for the game.

So I suppose no one really knows, heck the last I heard they hadn't finished it yet, nor do they know if Sonic will be in there.

Mr. Mud
2007-04-27, 08:26 PM
Good and bad i suppose, but i heard if sonic is in it he should be Good, also i found otu it may be coming out late becasue they desided to make for a hand-held too and wanted them too come out together.

Oh well only time will tell (unless we get a time Machine =D

Jothki
2007-04-27, 08:33 PM
It'll be out when it's done. I see no benefit to rushing it.

Alex Kidd
2007-04-28, 02:33 AM
Ok, things we know

Returning chars- Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Samus, Link and Fox
New Chars- Metaknight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario and Snake

The musical score is a collaboration between Koji Kondo(Zelda and Mario) and Nobuo Uematsu(FF and Chronotrigger), so it will be beyond godly.

Hideo Kojima has played it and considers it good enough for release now. (http://kotaku.com/gaming/and-his-opinion-kinda-counts/kojimas-super-smash-bros-brawl-hands-on-opinion-255724.php)

There seems to be super moves.

Stuff I hope for? Well Pit and Snake are in, so give me Little Mac and Simon Belmont. And Ganon.

Also nothing has been said about a handheld anywhere I've seen so I'd disregard that if I were you.

Mr. Mud
2007-04-28, 05:24 AM
No i saw the Hand-held thing in a magazine somewhere in the summer of '06 but i dunno any details...

Yuki Akuma
2007-04-28, 05:26 AM
No i saw the Hand-held thing in a magazine somewhere in the summer of '06 but i dunno any details...

Nothing has been said about it anywhere else, so I'd disregard it if I were you.

Mr. Mud
2007-04-28, 05:43 AM
Nothing has been said about it anywhere else, so I'd disregard it if I were you.

Well, I Guess it would be kinda weird if u didn't connect it to Wi-Fi...
Well i dunno only time will tell :smallwink:

Kojiro Kakita
2007-04-30, 10:50 PM
Also, a handheld system would probably be very similar to Jump Ultra Stars, so are you sure you were not confusing it with that game.

NinjaTaco89
2007-04-30, 11:48 PM
Umm, I remember a launch date for the end of summer,but that most likely is wrong.

Setra
2007-04-30, 11:49 PM
My favorite method for finding a launch date...

Take the initial launch date

Add 18 Months.

Exception: If the game has the Words "Duke Nukem" and "Forever" in the title, add Pi, in years, minus the decimal.

Da Beast
2007-05-01, 01:10 AM
Brawl is currently listed as a quarter four 2007 launch. I personally can't wait. If it's half as good as melee I'd consider the Wii a good purchase for no other reason then being able to play Brawl.

Krytha
2007-05-01, 02:25 AM
an article I read recently had something about more of SSBB being revealed at an upcoming game show. Not a launch date, but there might be pertinent info soon. Keep your ears open.

BrokenButterfly
2007-05-01, 05:19 AM
All I can say for certain is that Brawl and Mario Galaxy are looking like the two games I would buy a Wii for. But I think I'll wait for some reviews first. Not too sure about the new characters I've seen for Brawl, they just seem a little off for me, but I guess I'll wait until I see how they play.

Setra
2007-05-02, 01:25 AM
If I get a Wii, it will be for Brawl, or some other game they lauch at another date.

Thus far 90% of the games are just Minigames.

Icewalker
2007-05-02, 01:34 AM
All I know is it's gonna be AWESOME.

Basically the reason I got a Wii: SSBB and Metroid Prime 3.

Metaknight! slashslashslashnstuff...
I've never been really huge on the Kirby games, but Metaknight is just hellof cool.

tgva8889
2007-05-02, 02:27 AM
Metaknight's going to be awesome. But I think he'll be overloved by players, and thus his coolness level will go down for people. Which is why I'm intent on mastering another character.

I thought it was set to come out Summer '07. It would make more sense then, since more people would buy and be able to play it. Though it's not likely, as lots of people (myself included) don't have Wiis yet.

They have to enable Wi-Fi play. Or else.

Setra
2007-05-02, 03:24 AM
Metaknight is alright, but I'll be mastering Pit.

Morrandir
2007-05-02, 04:29 PM
If they add Black Mage from the early FF games (which were Nintendo based, so they might...) I will be a very happy little man.

Crispy Dave
2007-05-02, 07:00 PM
then yull end up being a very sad little man because if you haddent noticed sony has take over final faticy mostly

Morrandir
2007-05-02, 09:24 PM
And we all know that MGS is a Sony exclusive, and was never on ANY Nintendo system. /sarcasm

Setra
2007-05-02, 09:35 PM
And we all know that MGS is a Sony exclusive, and was never on ANY Nintendo system. /sarcasm
Technically it wasn't called MGS, just MG, but I'm just being an arse.

I doubt we'll see Black Mage though, he'd be too overpowered.

Kain would be awesome though.

On another note....

then yull end up being a very sad little man because if you haddent noticed sony has take over final faticy mostlySony's control was only temporary, heck SE might decide to move FF to Microsoft.

Kirby, Metroid, Pokemon, etc. were all Nintendo made games, so they don't need permission, but third paty games, even if they were on nintendo at one point, would need permission. As long as they have permission, any game character can appear (Even say, Crash BAndicoot).

I honestly am hoping for Kain, and maybe Erdrick.

blackout
2007-05-03, 03:06 PM
Look at it this way, folks. They pushed it back, because, guess what? They want to make a quality game. :) Wait. Be patient. The gods of gaming will reward you well.

Morrandir
2007-05-03, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I just remember reading an old article saying that they'll try to keep the characters at least semi-Nintendo, by having the new ones included only if they have appeared on a system at some point in the past.

Regardless, I think Metaknight will be overplayed, much like how Fox is in Melee.

king korath
2007-05-04, 03:02 PM
I don't care when it comes out as long as Gannondorf is a rea character instead of a Captain Falcon clone. That was my problem with Melee too many charecters were clones with different stats.

Dragor
2007-05-04, 04:07 PM
Metaknight is alright, but I'll be mastering Pit.

Ditto.

I've been imagining him as a sort of Kirby/Link hybrid. Basically, he can hover and use swords. Sweet. :smallamused:

If it's anything on Melee, Brawl is definately going to go down well. Me and my friends only just stopped playing Melee a few weeks ago- and it was the first game we got for the GameCube.

I'm also on the bandwagon for getting rid of 'clone' characters. Ganondorf deserved better (and to use his damn sword.)

The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is the inclusion of Power Moves. Mario Power Tennis did that, and look what happened.... a totally unbalanced, frustrating game, with no of the skill from the original required, IMO. SB has managed to avoid that for two games- fingers crossed it doesn't trip up now.

And as for the inclusion of Sonic.... I wouldn't think so. It's been speculated in every game, but I don't think Nintendo would allow it- but hey, Snake's in there, so anything goes, really.

Mewtarthio
2007-05-04, 08:19 PM
I don't care when it comes out as long as Gannondorf is a rea character instead of a Captain Falcon clone. That was my problem with Melee too many charecters were clones with different stats.

Agreed. Seriously, a Captain Falcon clone, of all things? Heck, I'd understand a Samus clone more than that! Gannondorf never fights with his fists: The only times he's fought link as Gannondorf rather than Ganon, he's used magic and swordplay.

Forthork
2007-05-04, 08:44 PM
If it's anything on Melee, Brawl is definately going to go down well. Me and my friends only just stopped playing Melee a few weeks ago- and it was the first game we got for the GameCube.

I'm also on the bandwagon for getting rid of 'clone' characters. Ganondorf deserved better (and to use his damn sword.)

The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is the inclusion of Power Moves. Mario Power Tennis did that, and look what happened.... a totally unbalanced, frustrating game, with no of the skill from the original required, IMO. SB has managed to avoid that for two games- fingers crossed it doesn't trip up now.

I agree completely with all of that, except I'd never stop playing Melee, but my brother took it to college, and I still boot up the original every now and then. Clones suck, plain and simple. As for power moves, as long as its like Mario Power Tennis where you can turn them off, then I will be fine. Also, if the game uses the Classic Controller it better be able to use the Gamecube controller.

Mewtarthio
2007-05-04, 09:02 PM
As for power moves, as long as its like Mario Power Tennis where you can turn them off, then I will be fine.

I'm confused. What are "power moves"?

Saint George
2007-05-04, 11:44 PM
Thank god I am not the only one who feels Ganon needs a little love. He had so much potential but the developers decided to just copy and paste moves, change the colors, and head out to an early lunch. I hope that taco bell was worth it you bastards.

I am also quite excited for the new characters. Wario should have been added far far earlier. I mean really...

Setra
2007-05-05, 02:14 AM
I'm confused. What are "power moves"?
I think they're referring to the new moves that will be utilized in SSBB

Such as Mario's Super Fireball
Link's Triforce Slash
Kirby's Cook Attack
And Samus Overcharged Blast

Ditto.

I've been imagining him as a sort of Kirby/Link hybrid. Basically, he can hover and use swords. Sweet. :smallamused: I was thinking more along the lines of Marth+Kirby. Marth is my favorite, kirby is 6th.

If it's anything on Melee, Brawl is definately going to go down well. Me and my friends only just stopped playing Melee a few weeks ago- and it was the first game we got for the GameCube.I stopped a while back only because my controllers broke because I played it so often

I'm also on the bandwagon for getting rid of 'clone' characters. Ganondorf deserved better (and to use his damn sword.) Agreed, Ganondorf is awesome.

The only thing I'm a bit annoyed about is the inclusion of Power Moves. Mario Power Tennis did that, and look what happened.... a totally unbalanced, frustrating game, with no of the skill from the original required, IMO. SB has managed to avoid that for two games- fingers crossed it doesn't trip up now.Yeah, but hey they could have special requirements to use that could limit them, or just make them survivable, that works, maybe 100% damage or so?

And as for the inclusion of Sonic.... I wouldn't think so. It's been speculated in every game, but I don't think Nintendo would allow it- but hey, Snake's in there, so anything goes, really.Sonic would be an awesome character, I'm hopeful, but doubtful at the same time.

Morrandir
2007-05-05, 02:48 AM
When Nintendo was taking suggestions for new characters to add, Sonic was by far the most popular.

So have hope, he's got backing.

Dragor
2007-05-05, 02:53 AM
I think they're referring to the new moves that will be utilized in SSBB

Such as Mario's Super Fireball
Link's Triforce Slash
Kirby's Cook Attack
And Samus Overcharged Blast
I was thinking more along the lines of Marth+Kirby. Marth is my favorite, kirby is 6th.

Yes, padawan, you are correct.

And Marth IS my favourite. All my friends tell me that he's too fast and strong- but I think he's fast BECAUSE he's weak. Do they have a point or am I simply too good, hehe. :smallbiggrin:

And if they don't go overboard with the power moves- make them something like the Legendary Pokemon in Melee- powerful but avoidable- then I'll be pretty pleased.

Setra
2007-05-05, 05:39 AM
Yes, padawan, you are correct.

And Marth IS my favourite. All my friends tell me that he's too fast and strong- but I think he's fast BECAUSE he's weak. Do they have a point or am I simply too good, hehe. :smallbiggrin:

And if they don't go overboard with the power moves- make them something like the Legendary Pokemon in Melee- powerful but avoidable- then I'll be pretty pleased.
I think the bigger the attack, the less damage.

With MArio and Samus, it looked pretty big, so maybe 50%? But with Links, who attacks only one(?), maybe as high as 150%, and if Kirby's cook attack is like it is in the kirby games (area of effect, but not the whole screen iirc) so maybe 100%?

Dragor
2007-05-05, 01:22 PM
I think the bigger the attack, the less damage.

With MArio and Samus, it looked pretty big, so maybe 50%? But with Links, who attacks only one(?), maybe as high as 150%, and if Kirby's cook attack is like it is in the kirby games (area of effect, but not the whole screen iirc) so maybe 100%?

Samus's attack seems to practically fill the screen. And we haven't even started discussing the Wario Waft yet... oh, that it going to be hilarious. :smallbiggrin: