PDA

View Full Version : What alignment your DM is?

Baskineli
2007-04-27, 03:45 PM
A poll - what alignment your DM is?

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-27, 06:15 PM
I'm Chaotic Good.

Unless I'm DMing. Then I'm Chaotic Neutral.

Talya
2007-04-27, 06:22 PM
He's CB.

(Chaotic Bastard.)

thorgrim29
2007-04-27, 06:23 PM
I'd say he's pure neutral, because he just throws big nastys at us and trap us in the wilderness with ghosts very often, but runs a fun game, even though the death toll is pretty extreme (I think we have an average of 3 or 4 characters each so far, and we're more or less level 7)

Dhavaer
2007-04-27, 08:14 PM
I'm true neutral. I just don't have the capacity to be a real bastard.

Mr. Moogle
2007-04-27, 08:17 PM
Im a chaotic good (sometimes i give eXtremly overpowered items)
my DM is TB (technical bastard)

Alex Knight
2007-04-27, 08:30 PM
My alignment is EB (Evil Bastard) :xykon:

Sirelroka
2007-04-27, 08:42 PM
He's true neutral.

Galathir
2007-04-27, 08:49 PM
I'm between neutral evil and chaotic neutral.

The other DM in our group is neutral good.

Inyssius Tor
2007-04-27, 10:49 PM
Incredibly Lawful. Both of them, though one is mostly Neutral and the other has Good-leaning tendencies.

Koga
2007-04-27, 11:30 PM
Probably lawful good. Spontanous but friendly, the death-rate is very low. Even in a Paranoia game The Koga ran the death-rate was low! Friggin Paranoia!

But lawful leanings because despite spontanous plots, The Koga depends on dice any and always to give the final say.

And though you are allowed to do whatever you want in-game, you will pay the consequinces if you tread sensitive territory.

Players: We want a brothel! We want a brothel!

Koga: Fine, everyone roll a fortitude save. *dice roll later*

Koga: You all get herpes. Now roll a will save.

Players: Will save? *dice roll later*

Koga: Carl, you go mad with guilt. You decide to commit suicide.

Carl: This is bullcrap!

Gregory: Hahaha! Carl's black-leaf!

Koga: Gregory roll a reflex save.

Gregory: Huh? *rolls*

Koga: You failed to notice the cheap harlot take your wallet.

Gregory: There was like a hundred gold in there!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-04-27, 11:36 PM
Almost everyone in my gaming group has a campaign or two going, so I'll just list most of us.

I DM, and I'm most decidedly among my fellow players to be CE.

My good friend Andy is LG, or so most of us believe.

My good friend Devin is most commonly thought to be CG.

A person who will start DMing a tri-stat campaign is most likely LE.

Wacky, huh?

Genome
2007-04-28, 12:36 AM
Neutral Good. I lean both chaotic and lawful at times, but always good.

Toliudar
2007-04-28, 01:36 AM
I DM as Lawful neutral, with a group of PC's who are either explicitly or implicitly a mix of CG and CN. It...works. Although it usually makes me the straight man to their jokes.

squishycube
2007-04-28, 04:08 AM
My DM has all alignments

Mangangatha
2007-04-28, 04:22 AM
My DMs...*gasp*

Looks like something important was here, but maybe M. just wanted to waste some of your precious time in reading this silly little message that is suspected to be slander or blissful praise, but really is none of the above. Technically these pixels proved to be an excellent distraction that your intrigue-seeking spirit never foresaw.

My DMs are...good? Yes, they are. Neutral Good.

I...I lost my alignment. Maybe I'm...EB (see above)? I'm not certain anymore.

Quietus
2007-04-28, 04:35 AM
Ahaha, well played Mangangatha.

My DMs are Lawful Evil and Chaotic Neutral, while I personally am Lawful Neutral. The Evil one's personality isn't like that, he's more LN in life, but his style is LE.

However, my DM's are all of the Literate alignment.

Khoran
2007-04-28, 04:54 AM
I've got two people who normally do DMing in my group so yeah...

DM1 I would think is Chaotic Good (Possibly NG), both when he's DMing and when he's not. He'll sometimes Houserule on the fly, though it's always in benefit to the players, especially if he views something as redundant such as the Invisiable Blade pre-req feats. Also, I have a feeling that he's fudge a few rolls to keep the PCs alive when it was just plain bad luck that would have killed us and not poor playing.

DM2 is harder to place in one alignment, but after thinking about it as much as I care to, I would say he's Lawful Good with some Lawful Neutral tendancies. He dosn't like to Homerule anything and enforces some of the rules that we generally tend to forget about and he dosn't fudge rolls. However, he's also not a bastard about it. If you forget something and it effected the combat, he just tells your not to let it happen again. (So I forgot that a rapier wasn't light, sue me.)

Kioran
2007-04-28, 05:05 AM
I donīt know how to rate myself - my current DM is CE though. A edantic Min/Maxer who firmly believes itīs him against the players. yeehaw!

The Prince of Cats
2007-04-28, 05:55 AM
Chaotic Neutral, the banned alignment. (which just kind of reinforces the fact that I am CN)

I know the rules, I just prefer to use discretion more often than the result of a roll. I cheat for the sake of the plot. Sometimes, I cheat in the players' favour by making an enemy miss the target or 'forget' a special power. AT other times, I cheat against them by giving a creature more HP or less loot.

I never cheat to kill a player though, just as I never cheat to save a player from death.

Shotaro
2007-04-28, 07:14 AM
I gotta say mine is CE - he does things good DMs shouldn't like make up rules that favour him (+2 to hit for attacking from behind? NO SUCH RULE EXISTS!!) and saying INT 7 is smart enough that creatures would bypass an imminent threat for an easy target even when that imminent threat has an electrified warhammer

TRM
2007-04-28, 07:50 AM
Neutral Good. He is a bit too kind at times (we only have one death!)...but all in all an excellent DM.

Khoran
2007-04-28, 07:57 AM
saying INT 7 is smart enough that creatures would bypass an imminent threat for an easy target even when that imminent threat has an electrified warhammer

The other I agree is Chaotic Evil, yes. However this one I would say is actually pretty reasonable. Animals (Creatures with INT 1 or 2) are smart enough to pick out the weakest of the herd as their pray. It then becomes a question of Wisdom and do they have enough common sense to realize what the weakest target it.

Drascin
2007-04-28, 08:26 AM
I am CG as a person, CN when behind the scree. I try to be warped to fill the DM-evil quota, I swear I really try, but I seem to be too nice for it.

Shame on me :smallsigh:

Belteshazzar
2007-04-28, 08:40 AM
If its me DMing I am lawful evil. I will seriously try to kill your characters (I figure it's in the job description). However I refuse to kill you on a whim as long as you respect (show a healthy fear of) the monsters you are fighting.
Now my brother on the other hand runs a chaotic neutral game as I have recently learned when he made an entire dungeon from out of game references and the Weird Al song Everything You Know is Wrong

lacesmcawesome
2007-04-28, 11:05 AM
Players: We want a brothel! We want a brothel!

Koga: Fine, everyone roll a fortitude save. *dice roll later*

Koga: You all get herpes. Now roll a will save.

Players: Will save? *dice roll later*

Koga: Carl, you go mad with guilt. You decide to commit suicide.

Carl: This is bullcrap!

Gregory: Hahaha! Carl's black-leaf!

Koga: Gregory roll a reflex save.

Gregory: Huh? *rolls*

Koga: You failed to notice the cheap harlot take your wallet.

Gregory: There was like a hundred gold in there!

hahahahahaha, that's awesome.

OT:
My DM? Lawful neutral probably.

lumberofdabeast
2007-04-28, 02:55 PM
I gotta say mine is CE - he does things good DMs shouldn't like make up rules that favour him (+2 to hit for attacking from behind? NO SUCH RULE EXISTS!!) and saying INT 7 is smart enough that creatures would bypass an imminent threat for an easy target even when that imminent threat has an electrified warhammer
Simple solution to the first problem. Make careful note of every single rule he makes up, and when he used them. Then use them yourself. And if he whines about it, just pull out your notes, and tell him to STFU.

InaVegt
2007-04-28, 03:53 PM
My DM is RE&C (Railroading Evil and Chaotic)

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-28, 08:14 PM
I'd say that I'm Lawful Good. I stick to the pre-published stuff to the letter if I can, and I'm not harsh enough to go through with TPKs.

Halfling_Daniel
2007-04-28, 09:56 PM
I'd like to think I'm Lawful Neutral hovering towards Lawful Good, seeing how I try to always apply the rules equitatively for both characters and the enemies. I haven't gone out of my way to put overwhelming odds against the players or make arbitrary and unfair judgments that aren't in the books, prefering to do something that is a balance of not being terribly inconvenient for the characters or illogical. Of course, that's only my biased perception of myself and alignments. I'd guess you'd have to ask my players to get a more accurrate account.

The DM with which I've played for 6 years seems to have started as True Neutral and seems to be veering towards Neutral Evil. For instance, we always "reboot" the campaigns every year and start out with fresh new 1st-level characters, rarely rising above level 10. Now, what did he do last week? He made only the NPC classes sans aristocrat avaible for first level, made humans the only race avaible, and basically made a backstory for us, where everybody in the party was a nordic human youth in real-world Earth that had always lived on a farm and was part of the same family. Not happy with limiting our choices and creativity so much, the first adventure we played pitted us, the first level commoners, adepts, experts and warriors against a Challenge Rating 9 monster that he expected for us to defeat. Needless to say, half the group bit the dust pretty quickly and the rest won by pure luck. To be fair, he did get a mid-level NPC to help us and reencarnate the fallen, but I still wonder how he expected all of the PCs to live through such a difficult encounter, and why does he think that the players' characters shouldn't be too fantastic when all the rest of the world is.

Zephyros
2007-04-28, 10:04 PM
I think I qualify for GB (good bastard)

me: So you want that creepy intelligent scythe over there?

player- eyes like the cat fellow in Srek2

me: Ok u earned it... (most probably u had this coming)

Lord Tataraus
2007-04-28, 10:06 PM
I'm most likely NG (my a nice guy)
The other DM is CN (too chaotic, his games don't last long)

JackMage666
2007-04-28, 10:08 PM
Currently, my DM is Lawful Evil... He's expressed on numerous occassion his want to kill us (me, in particular), but refuses to even smudge dice rolls to do so. So, due to his extreme want to kill us (evil), and his strict adherence to the dice (lawful), I'd definately go with Lawful Evil.

Drider
2007-04-28, 10:22 PM
myself: I'd say CN, my games only last for 8 lvls. if i screw a player over tho, i try and make it up to them in a solo adventure.
other DM: neutral good, we went from lvl 2 to 12 in her campaign, but she railroaded alot, gave 1/5 wealth by lvl, and threw an adult copper dragon at us, with a wizard(lvl 17) buddy...but it was still the best game we've had so far

Matthew
2007-04-29, 05:55 PM
Well, technically, such a rule does exist, but you have to be using the Combat Facing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/combatFacing.htm) Variant Rules.