PDA

View Full Version : A humble request for martial masters

Halcyon_Dax
2007-04-27, 05:03 PM
I have read the tome of 9 swords and loved it. However, though I did read through it and have a cursory knowledge of its contents, I don't yet have the book.

I would really like to make a warblade or swordsage in the future, after I get the book.

What I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE, is for a player made handbook for either of those classes (or for martial classes in general).

Examples of awesome I would like to see the likes of:

Logic Ninja's guide to wizards, comprehensive, yet understandable.

TheThan's guide to duskblades, I felt that I had already mastered the class, yet this was still an interesting and enjoyable read. I already have printed it for 2 prospective PC's of mine.

The wizards board Artificer guide, user friendly and extremely helpful.

Now, I know its a lot to ask, but reading these guides always helps me feel safe and prepared when I roll a new character - I'm sure many other people would enjoy the guide as well!

That being said, I'm aware its a big task, so I'm not really expecting anyone to take the mantle, but it would be fantastic.

Are there any already existing guides on the subject?

Thanks!

Ikkitosen
2007-04-27, 05:37 PM
Check the wizards.com boards...certain to be lots there, might be a bit crunchy though, with a lot of assumed knowledge.

Halcyon_Dax
2007-04-27, 11:00 PM
I scanned the Char Op boards, and the library links page, and could find no such thing! Sadly a google search provided the same results.

Crazy, the way these things get layers going so they become really difficult to find. meh.

Rahdjan
2007-04-28, 12:17 AM
I've been reading and rereading ToB and I would LOVE to see a players guide to Tomb of Battle.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-04-28, 12:37 AM
There is some player-writ info out there, but nothing for the ToB like the Handbooks on the Wizards forums, or Logic Ninja's/TheThan's guides. I agree, that would really make my day.

illathid
2007-04-28, 12:46 AM
I found this, but I don't know if it has the depth your looking for.

Tome of Battle: Tricks/Combos/Library (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=680285)

Jack Mann
2007-04-28, 12:46 AM
Hmm. I'll give some thought to the subject.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-04-28, 01:05 AM
I found this, but I don't know if it has the depth your looking for.

Tome of Battle: Tricks/Combos/Library (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=680285)

I've seen it before; it doesn't have much reasoning behind it though. Mostly "this+that+this might work well" or "this+that would be cool", with no rationale for the choices, and little breakdown of what's good/bad.

It's a good link to have, though. Thanks.

illathid
2007-04-28, 01:08 AM
However, if someone were to write a guide, it would be a good starting point.
*Hint, Hint*

Edo
2007-04-28, 05:59 AM
However, if someone were to write a guide, it would be a good starting point.
*Hint, Hint*Working on one for the swordsage. Will post it when it's done.

Annarrkkii
2007-04-28, 06:01 AM
TG, on the WotC forum, is highly active in "publishing" a good deal of helpful information. His guide to Multiclass Martial Adepts (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=683268) is here, and quite helpful. He sometimes goes off tangentially on more obscure mathematics than most people are willing to commit to understanding. Check out Regdar's Repository for some highly useful articles, if you're willing to scroll around.

TheThan
2007-04-28, 12:06 PM
Wow, thanks for the plug, eventually I’m going to finish that duskblade guide.