PDA

View Full Version : Charisma unarmed build

Shadowscale
2015-06-25, 04:37 AM
Anyway someone could try to help me come up with an optimized type build using both the unarmed/arcane hybrid prc and the divine one as well? Sort of a dual casting unarmed combatant? I was thinking of trying to use shenanigans to try to qualify as early as possible and taking a feat to move monk abilities to charisma I'm pretty sure such exists.

My idea thus far was using sorcerer, monk and favorite soul, any help would be wonderful.

Sian
2015-06-25, 04:54 AM
Aestetic Mage is the feat you're looking for.

Lathund
2015-06-25, 05:02 AM
Beautiful as it might be, I think you mean 'ascetic mage'.

Bronk
2015-06-25, 05:06 AM
Have you seen the 'gauntlets of heartfelt blows' from Dragon 314? Charisma mod fire damage to melee attacks.

Darrin
2015-06-25, 05:50 AM
What sourcebooks are available? Dragon Magazine?

Do you have a definitive ruling on the Sacred Fist "text trumps table" issue? As in, does your DM agree that Sacred Fist gets 10/10 spellcasting?

What do you want to prioritize? Unarmed damage, divine spellcasting, or arcane spellcasting? Do you want a "Dual 9" caster?

Thurbane
2015-06-25, 06:47 AM
Battle Dancer 1/Sorcerer X/Favoured Soul X/Sacred Exorcist X (for turning)/Mystic Theurge X using persisted Divine Power?

Shadowscale
2015-06-25, 07:31 AM
What sourcebooks are available? Dragon Magazine?

Do you have a definitive ruling on the Sacred Fist "text trumps table" issue? As in, does your DM agree that Sacred Fist gets 10/10 spellcasting?

What do you want to prioritize? Unarmed damage, divine spellcasting, or arcane spellcasting? Do you want a "Dual 9" caster?

My DM agrees it gets 10/10 casing.

I wanted to prioritize unarmed damage and to use the two spellcasting types to augment it.

Telonius
2015-06-25, 08:38 AM
Is third party allowed? Bastards and Bloodlines has the "Lost Tradition" feat that allows you to change your casting stat. That could open up a few other classes to you. (Charisma-based Wizard casting, for instance).

Shadowscale
2015-06-25, 08:42 AM
Is third party allowed? Bastards and Bloodlines has the "Lost Tradition" feat that allows you to change your casting stat. That could open up a few other classes to you. (Charisma-based Wizard casting, for instance).

Bastards and bloodlines is specifically allowed. I prefer spontaneous casing myself though, yet I am aware of the issue with sorcerers and delayed casting. Not sure if any cheese shenanigans bridge that gap?
Whatever anyone sees as effective.

Twurps
2015-06-25, 01:22 PM
have you considered shaman? (OA)
It's prepared casting, rather than spontaneous, but it gives you improved unarmed strike (lvl1), CHA to saves(lvl5) and is full divine casting (with domains and turn undead as a bonus). Can't remember if the spell-list is any good though.

Also seconding a 1lvl dip in battledancer for CHA to AC.

QuickLyRaiNbow
2015-06-25, 01:27 PM
Bastards and bloodlines is specifically allowed. I prefer spontaneous casing myself though, yet I am aware of the issue with sorcerers and delayed casting. Not sure if any cheese shenanigans bridge that gap?

(Greater) Draconic Rite of Passage, if you're a kobold. And depending on how willing you and your DM are to venture into the murky, angry waters of people yelling at one another on forums, Dragonwrought Kobold + Loredrake (+maybe Spellhoarding if you're doing Wizardy things).

atemu1234
2015-06-25, 02:11 PM

I'd still strongly recommend wizard.

daremetoidareyo
2015-06-25, 03:28 PM
If you are a fey, you can take the beauty's bounty feat: http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fey/20030815a for charisma to hp at first level instead of constitution. Even better is mind over body from PGtF, which does the same thing, doesn't require fey, and adds a +1 insight bonus to AC for arcane casters and you get an extra hp for every metamagic feat you take. Divine might from CW allows you to spend a turn attempt to add charisma to damage for a single round.

Slippers of battle dancing are an item that you may want to look at.

If you're a killoren, you can smite most things, which adds charisma to an attack and additional damage equal to your HD.

Bronk
2015-06-26, 07:17 AM
Oh! Don't forget to look into the 'mighty wallop' and 'greater mighty wallop' spells.