PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Sphere Vigilante Archetype

Mehangel
2015-06-25, 01:11 PM
The Sphere Vigilante is one who sacrifices some of his magical ability for the possibility of trying new things so to shape himself to the hero his community needs him to be.

Casting: A Sphere Vigilante may combine spheres and talents to create magical effects. A Sphere Vigilante is considered a Low-Caster and chooses Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as her casting ability modifier. (Note: All casters gain 2 bonus talents and may select a casting tradition the first time they gain the casting class feature.) This replaces the Vigilante Specialization class feature.

Spell Pool: A Sphere Vigilante gains a small reservoir of energy she can call on to create truly wondrous effects, called a spell pool. This pool contains a number of spell points equal to her Sphere Vigilante level + her Casting Ability modifier (minimum: 1). This pool replenishes once per day after roughly 8 hours of rest.

Magic Talents: A Sphere Vigilante gains a magic talent every time she gains a caster level.

Expanded Vigilante Talents: Whenever the Sphere Vigilante may choose a Vigilante Talent, they may choose Talents from any of the Specializations excluding those in the Warlock and Zealot specializations. In addition, the Sphere Vigilante may choose to gain the Extra Magic Talent feat in place of any vigilante talent she may gain. This alters the Vigilante Talent class feature.

EDIT: I had thought of making the Sphere Vigilante a Mid-Caster, but if I did that, I would have to remove all of its Vigilante Talents aswell to keep the class balanced with itself. Thus i decided upon making it a Low-Caster with the ability to spend its Vigilante Talents to increase the number of Spheres/Talents it got.

Ethereal Gears
2015-06-26, 01:41 AM
Is this related to Spheres of Power by Drop Dead Studios? I would love to comment on this, but I don't have that book. I don't suppose any of it is available on d20pfsrd.com or something like that?

Mehangel
2015-06-26, 08:21 AM
Yes, this is an archetype to use alongside Spheres of Power.