PDA

View Full Version : Planning a new Character (Barbarian) 3.5e

Mith
2015-06-25, 02:44 PM
Hi everybody!

So I am planning a new character for a 3.5 campaign, a Barbarian focused going into the Bear Warrior PrC and Fists of the Forest, with the Ancestral Relic Feat as an extra for sort of a sole favoured weapon of the character. I mainly used Eldariel's Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?105525-3-5e-Being-Bane-Eldariel-s-Guide-to-Barbarians) for ideas. Any thoughts on whether this is an idea to be avoided? I know the Bear Warrior/Fists of the Forest combo is highly recommended, so would there be room in that build to put in Ancestral Relic? The character will likely be starting at level 4.

The concept behind this character is more of the wandering barbarian with a teasured family heirloom who is little concerned with wealth outside of improving the heirloom (an axe).

My apologies if this isn't enough information to go by.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give!

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-25, 02:46 PM
Well, BW is a shapeshifting PrC and FotF is an unarmed PrC, so I don't think you have room for a magic weapon in there unless your DM lets you have an heirloom necklace of natural attacks.

Mith
2015-06-25, 03:01 PM
Damn. I figured I was biting off more then I could chew there, but I had to check. I was more thinking in terms of being primarily unarmed combat, but some situations where the only thing that'll cut it would be an axe. The axe was more of a fluff idea then a crucial part of the character. I'll talk to my DM and see what he thinks about the idea as well.