PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Detect Evil Item

Stuvius
2015-06-25, 03:00 PM
Good Day Playgrounders!,

As the title states, is there an item that allows permanent or X times per day use of detect evil?

Thanks!

Telonius
2015-06-25, 03:17 PM
What's the going rate for a first-level Paladin? :smallbiggrin:

A little more seriously I think a Wondrous Item of Use-Activated Detect Evil would probably cost 2000gp*1(CL)*1(Spell level)=2000gp.

Troacctid
2015-06-25, 03:17 PM
Sure, an Eternal Wand of Detect Evil, from MIC, lets you cast it twice a day, although you may need a Use Magic Device check if the spell isn't on your list.

I'm sure there are others, although I can't think of any off the top of my head.

noob
2015-06-25, 03:20 PM
Are you the dm?
The rod of alertness allows you to cast all an array of detect alignment.
Then you can create an item with the item creation rules at the end of the item section in the dm manual but if you are not the dm he might not allow it.

RedMage125
2015-06-25, 03:42 PM
Paladin-On-A-Stick?

noob
2015-06-25, 03:46 PM
Every sane team should have the maximum amount of spell-casters -1 characters equally spread between cleric and the rest of spell casting(including psi) and one fighter or barbarian or angry planet hurling hulk.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-25, 03:47 PM
Command-word Detect Evil is 1800 GP, and use-activated is 2000.

Karl Aegis
2015-06-25, 07:05 PM
Making the item only usable by paladins cuts the price of the item by 30%.

Red Fel
2015-06-25, 07:17 PM
One of my favorite methods is actually dual-purpose.

Step one, get the Holy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#holy) weapon enhancement.

Step two, walk up to the person you want to Detect Evil against, and say, "Hold this."

If they scream and drop the weapon, congratulations! You've detected evil. Pick up the weapon, use it, and enjoy a bonus 2d6 damage.

If nothing happens, congratulations! You've failed to detect evil. Take your Holy weapon back and be on your way.

Sad thing is, we actually did this in one game... Only we were using a Holy artifact...

Saintheart
2015-06-25, 07:22 PM
Rune of Detect Evil. Officially the market price would be 1 x 1 x 100 = 100 gp, but the Runecaster's costs amount to 1 x 1 x 2,000 = 2,000 for an at-will, permanent rune that fires whenever you touch it. May have to get around your DM since it makes you the target of the spell rather than a cone-shaped emanation, but it's possible.

OldTrees1
2015-06-25, 07:26 PM
One of my favorite methods is actually dual-purpose.

Step one, get the Holy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#holy) weapon enhancement.

Step two, walk up to the person you want to Detect Evil against, and say, "Hold this."

If they scream and drop the weapon, congratulations! You've detected evil. Pick up the weapon, use it, and enjoy a bonus 2d6 damage.

If nothing happens, congratulations! You've failed to detect evil. Take your Holy weapon back and be on your way.

Sad thing is, we actually did this in one game... Only we were using a Holy artifact...

Wouldn't they just quietly hold onto the weapon if they were evil and intelligent? Isn't it merely a temporary negative level or 2?