PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder DR Epic and Lawful Question

Draco_Lord
2015-06-25, 03:07 PM
Hi, just a quick question about the above ability, DR Epic and Lawful.
To over come this, must you attack either be Epic or Lawful? Must it be both? If the second, is there much of a point, since an epic weapon would overcome Lawful anyways?

Just planning on how to kill Hastur with my Barbarian, and I want to make sure I have the right weapon for the job, as at the moment I have a Courageous Furious Greatsword +5, though I hope to make it into a higher weapon at some point.

Spore
2015-06-25, 03:11 PM
It has to be both Lawful AND Epic. Which feels kind of pointless since epic weapons have a high enough magic bonus to count as +6 (and a +5 weapon is enough to circumvent alignment DR).

Check the typical Balor: To hurt him you have to have good aligned cold iron weapons (but typically you'd choose a +3 weapon and make it holy somehow OR you are a paladin).

Draco_Lord
2015-06-25, 03:16 PM
Well okay then. Just wanted to make sure I had it right. Thankfully I am set on the weapon front, with my effectively +9 greatsword.

Now I just need to reconsider taking the World Serpent Totem line... and stick with the more traditional beast totem line.