PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Alternative monster creation rules? Better polymorph rules? Also Elements of Magic

Scowling Dragon
2015-06-25, 03:16 PM
I have been caught in a loop of wanting to create an alternative, and better balanced Polymorph rules by making better balanced monster races, and making a more expansive monster creation rules.

Its all been caused by me finding the Elements of Magic (Revised) rulebook and loving just about every section of it except for the transform rules (As well as the create rules but thats easier dealt with). And I REALY want to replace regular casting with it, but the Transform rules still stand in the way in a major way. As a perfectionist I can't play a game knowing I had left a massive amount of rules unfinished.

This led me to the realization that Im not a fan of the monster creation rules either, which are very much stupid in design philosophy.

However the whole process has been a massive effort, and I just don't have the will, skill or energy to do it, and it leaves too many loopholes to be filled.

Is there some other way to A: Create monsters, B: Better polymorph rules then classic 3e ones or the less compatible with the Elements of magic Pathfinder version?

PS: I know about the Unchained Monster creation rules. But Im not sure how to adapt them well.

Can anybody help me with this?