PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Stuck bringing a Path of War build to life

Azoth
2015-06-26, 12:32 AM
Okay, I randomly got the idea on making an incredibly versatile Fighter as a backup character for a game I am in. This was through using the Lore Warden/Martial Master/ and Myrmidon (found in Path of War: Expanded play test document) archetypes.

We get 1 free CR+1 template. 25 point buy. Paizo and DSP material only.

I figured I would use Elan as the base race and apply the advanced template to it as my free +1CR template.

Stats at start would be:
Str:18
Dex:18
Con:18
Int:18
Wis:18
Cha:16

Put all level ups into Str, and eventually buy the +6 to all stats and a +2 Cha tome. The goal is to get all stats to 24 by lvl20, so that using Martial Flexibility I can gain access to any Discipline's 9th level manuever.

I run into an issue with feats and resource juggling.

Elan gives me Wild Talent and a FCB to gain extra power points so I can fuel racial abilies and have a reserve worth using when gaining access to Sleeping Goddess Discipline.

Tap Animus feat will give me an animus pool to fuel Elemental Flux to its fullest when I use Martial Flexibility to gain access to it, but is pretty much a waste when not in use unless I also take Animus Healing.

Then we get into combat styles/maneuver use. Lore Warden gives me Combat Expertise for free so Trip/disarm/dirty trick are open. Power Attack is a melee must and opens up Sunder/Bullrush. IUS for Grapple. Point Blank/precise are needed for ranged.

So just covering your bases is Wild Talent, Tap Animus, Power Attack, Combat Expertise, Improved Unarmed Strike, Point Blank Shot, and Precise Shot. Also, Animus Healing if you want a use for Animus outside the random times you snag access to Elemental Flux.

It just seems so random and hard to organize into a cohesive build that will come online into anything other than a far reaching sub par nightmare. Is there a way to pull all of this together into something functional and cohesive?

Azoth
2015-06-26, 07:56 PM
*bump*

Maybe start with something like:

Elan: Wild Talent
1st: Power Attack
Fighter1: Point Blank Shot
Fighter 2: Combat Expertise
3rd: Precise Shot
Fighter4: Improved Unarmed Strike
5th: Tap Animus

That setup should work in the low levels and it can snag Tap Animus right at the level where Martial Flexibility would let him pick up Elemental Flux via Martial Training 1.

It also let's me cover any combat trick I need at that moment well by opening up Rapid Shot and the Improved Maneuver feats via Martial Flexibility. I know it won't be as strong as a dedicated maneuver user at lvl 5.

Any ideas what feats to take from here out?