PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Where to Go With My Cohort? Help with build progression!

Chester
2015-06-26, 03:10 PM
My level 20 Dread Necro needs to level his cohort to 18.

So far, the Cohort is a Necropolitan Paladin of Tyranny 4 / Marshal 3 / Bone Knight 5

Feats: Power Attack, Mounted Combat, Ride By Attack, Spirited Charge, Divine Might, Battle Blessing
Marshal Bonus grants him Skill Focus: Diplomacy.

So, where should I go with the next 6 levels?

Bad Wolf
2015-06-26, 04:15 PM
Blackguard or more Paladin seems solid.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-06-26, 04:23 PM
Blackguard lets you end up with double cha to all saves, but your spells will be pretty unimpressive. I have a soft spot for blackguard so I would say go for the double cha to saves, but be warned that I am biased.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-06-26, 04:24 PM
A few levels of crusader would be good, too.

daremetoidareyo
2015-06-26, 04:55 PM
My level 20 Dread Necro needs to level his cohort to 18.

So far, the Cohort is a Necropolitan Paladin of Tyranny 4 / Marshal 3 / Bone Knight 5

Feats: Power Attack, Mounted Combat, Ride By Attack, Spirited Charge, Divine Might, Battle Blessing
Marshal Bonus grants him Skill Focus: Diplomacy.

So, where should I go with the next 6 levels?

Why marshal 3? What are you doing with that other minor aura?

Do you want to stay on theme, or get weird with it?

1.) Contemplative 1 (bonus domain lust for super smite!)/dracolyte (domination domain)warchief 2 could be added along with paladin 1 and another 1 marshal

2.) or throw some flaws on him for toughness [Uhhhh!!!] and dragonfriend feats, and pick up 5 levels of dracolyte to train yourself a nice wyrmling gemdragon. Full casting + Domination domain access.

3.) Ask if fill in the ranks can be treated as casting animate dead as a divine spell. If yes, Then, be a necropolitan female half-drow. Take some flaws or switch up feats to spell focus necromancy and lichloved. Drop a level of marshal and take death master at the same time as precocious apprentice: get spectral hand. Next level is Contemplative (with the summoning domain)/nar demonbider 1 /Yathirishnee 2/ mystic theurge 2.

All class levels stack for necromancy, you have a necroservant, all undead around you have a demoralizing gaze attack. You get 3rd level paladin spells. You get summon monster 1-6 as well as some planar binding.

Chester
2015-06-26, 06:11 PM
Why marshal 3? What are you doing with that other minor aura?

Do you want to stay on theme, or get weird with it?

1.) Contemplative 1 (bonus domain lust for super smite!)/dracolyte (domination domain)warchief 2 could be added along with paladin 1 and another 1 marshal

2.) or throw some flaws on him for toughness [Uhhhh!!!] and dragonfriend feats, and pick up 5 levels of dracolyte to train yourself a nice wyrmling gemdragon. Full casting + Domination domain access.

3.) Ask if fill in the ranks can be treated as casting animate dead as a divine spell. If yes, Then, be a necropolitan female half-drow. Take some flaws or switch up feats to spell focus necromancy and lichloved. Drop a level of marshal and take death master at the same time as precocious apprentice: get spectral hand. Next level is Contemplative (with the summoning domain)/nar demonbider 1 /Yathirishnee 2/ mystic theurge 2.

All class levels stack for necromancy, you have a necroservant, all undead around you have a demoralizing gaze attack. You get 3rd level paladin spells. You get summon monster 1-6 as well as some planar binding.

How would a bonus domain work if no levels in cleric?

ExLibrisMortis
2015-06-26, 06:34 PM
A bonus domain gives you the granted power, and adds the domain spells to your spell list, but does nothing to your spells known. As paladin, you can prepare any spell on your list (like a cleric), so you get to prepare and cast domain spells as normal, except that you can only prepare one domain spell of each level per day (as if you were limited to domain slots).