PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Healers PF

Reprimand
2015-06-26, 09:30 PM
So I was a big fan of the healer from 3.5 no matter how bad it really was I enjoyed the flavor of the class.

I was wondering if there was anything similar in Pathfinder

So far all I did was cleric with Martyr and Love sub-domains, Must be good, Lower Bab to 1/2 progression and HD to D6, Giving the healing domain as an extra domain and 4 skill points per level and D8s on channel instead of d6s.

Honest Tiefling
2015-06-26, 09:33 PM
What about the Life Oracle? Kinda already there. I wonder if a DM would ever accept a pacifist type curse, or if there are ways to get that Unicorn mount in PF.

Reprimand
2015-06-26, 09:41 PM
Someone on the mixmaxboards once made this homebrew...

http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8978.0

That's closer to what I'm looking for.

Think WoW Holy Priest Spec.

I can't find a way to replicate it without going straight for homebrew.

Palanan
2015-06-26, 09:42 PM
Life Oracle is probably the best option, although I don't think Pathfinder has too many healing-specific feats, as opposed to 3.5 with Sacred Boost, Augment Healing, etc.

As for the pacifism, I'm playing an oracle right now who's essentially a pacifist, and whose spell selection is designed for healing and nonlethal options. Nothing mechanical about the pacifism, just how I'm playing him.

Reprimand
2015-06-26, 09:44 PM
Life Oracle is probably the best option, although I don't think Pathfinder has too many healing-specific feats, as opposed to 3.5 with Sacred Boost, Augment Healing, etc.

As for the pacifism, I'm playing an oracle right now who's essentially a pacifist, and whose spell selection is designed for healing and nonlethal options. Nothing mechanical about the pacifism, just how I'm playing him.

I'm not really looking for vows of non violence. Just plain being bad at hurting people is good enough for me.

I mean I'm going for 1/2 bab and 1d6 HD I'm not supposed to be doing much to people.

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-06-26, 10:06 PM
Seeing how in Pathfinder the closest you're going to come to that (1st-party, at least) is maybe the Witch (only full arcane casters have that), playing a Life Oracle is probably your best option. Though I have heard that playing a Paladin picking up life oracle abilities through Variant Multi-classing is a new approach. If you can go 3rd-party, the Vitalist from Dreamscarred Press' Psionics line is a really good healer with low physical abilities like you describe.

With a Life Oracle, their stuff usually hinges off of one ability they can pick up: Life Link. You basically become a hit point battery for the party, and then support them with other stuff, like Shield Other, etc.

Doc_Maynot
2015-06-26, 10:07 PM
One could easily apply the 3.5 healer fluff to the Vitalist (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist). It seems to be what you are looking for, a great (the best) healing, supporting class. D6 HD, and 1/2 BAB.

Edit: Swordsage'd

grarrrg
2015-06-27, 12:03 AM
Mostly what everyone else has said. There are no "restricted to only dedicated healers" in PF.

Might try Hedge Witch (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/witch/archetypes/paizo---witch-archetypes/hedge-witch) and/or VMC-Cleric (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement#TOC-Core-Classes) grabbing the Healing Domain.

Witches already have most of the Cure and support healing (Remove X) spells on their list.
Hedge Witch lets you spontaneously convert to Cure Spells.
VMC Cleric lets you spontaneously convert to Cure Spells, gets you a (weak) Channeling Pool, and eventually you get the sweet 2nd Domain Power of Healing>All Cure spells get free Empowered.

Pex
2015-06-27, 12:05 AM
Life Oracle

I play one. It is supreme.

Feats to take:

Extra Channeling for more healing.
Selective Channeling to not heal enemies.
Quick Channel to heal as a move action.
Reactive Healing to heal yourself as an immediate action to prevent yourself from dropping.
Divine Protection for Charisma bonus to saving throws because Duh!
Reach Spell, to cast Cure Wounds spells at a range but also good for many buff and remove affliction spells. Not a must have feat, but nice. Reach Heal at high level. Reach Breath of Life could literally be a life safer.

Revelations to take:

Channel, to heal multiple people at once at a range.
Energy Body, for elemental subtype (immune to poison, sleep, critical hits, etc.) and heal as a move action or on someone else's turn when they move.
Combat Healer, for healing as a swift a couple times per day. Good for action economy.
Safe Curing, to cast spells that heal damage without provoking an AoO. Note it's heal damage, not Cure Wounds specifically, so it works for Breath of Life and Heal at the higher levels.

Other Revelations:

Enhanced Cures, no more caster level limit on Cure Wounds spells. You want this at high level such that a Cure Light Wounds spell heals for 1d8 + 11 damage at 11th level. Useful for out of combat healing efficiency but also emergency in combat healing.
Life Link, to give party members effectively fast healing 5 at the cost of you taking 5 damage for each person you protect. Works well with Energy Body since you can heal yourself as a move action to offset this and still have a standard action to do something. Other people value this Revelation higher than I do.

Spells to know aside from Mystery spells:

Grace, to move about the battlefield without provoking an AoO. Gives you great flexibility to reach party members who need remove affliction spells, emergency healing, or buffs. Works well with Safe Curing Revelation. As a spontaneous caster you get to cast it whenever and how often you want.

Blessing of Fervor, a more powerful version of Haste. A buff spell, your party will love you and hug you and call you George. As a spontaneous caster you can cast it practically every combat. You want this spell. Take it. No buts. Know it.

One combat a player kept count of how much healing I did in a tough fight. I tripled the party's hit points. Healing in combat is not the best tactic ever, but it is an effective one. My ability to keep the party up and active allowed them to go more offensive in power. I also buff the party and do cast the occasional attack spell, but my superb healing means we are stronger with them attacking directly than whatever I could do. If I have to swing my morningstar to attack something is very wrong, but I do know the Righteous Might spell for such dire situations. The barbarian, for example, has the Come and Get Me rage power which causes an enemy to provoke an AoO every time he attacks him, allowing him to attack the enemy multiple times on the enemy's turn at full BAB. The downside is he takes a big hit on AC so gets hit a lot himself when the enemy does attack and takes a ton of damage. Some healing from me and that damage goes away allowing him to pommel the enemy twice, on his turn and the enemy's with little to no risk of dropping every round of combat.

Ravens_cry
2015-06-27, 01:53 AM
A Witch with the Healing Hex and Major Healing Hexes . . . and casting Hex Vulnerability on teammates. For the low, low cost of preparing a certain 1st level spell, you can be dropping cure lights, then mods, and then cure serious and cure criticals up to your level times . . . per Hex Vulnerability you prepare, since Hex Vulnrability lets you bypass the 'Once per 24 hours' rule for many hexes, including ones that benefit.
Oh, and since one can autofail a saving throw, the increase in the saving throw from repeated castings matters exactly zilch when casting on willing targets. The healing just keeps on keeping on!

Palanan
2015-06-27, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling
What about the Life Oracle? Kinda already there.

Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph
…playing a Life Oracle is probably your best option.

Originally Posted by Pex
Life Oracle

I play one. It is supreme.

*build that does everything the OP wants*

Really, I'm seeing a trend here.

:smalltongue:

Callin
2015-06-27, 09:04 AM
Because its true. Life Oracle is really good at healing. More so if 3rd party stuff is allowed. There is a 3rd Party Curse that gives you Lay on Hands which is really awesome.

If 3rd party is on the table or the DM can be convinced the Black Blooded Oracle with 1 level of Warlord (Path of War from Dreamscarred Press) with the Unquiet Grave Discipline (Lords of Night from Dreamscarred Press) can give you unlimited Out of Combat Healing. Take Life Link and then just keep turning Unquiet Grave strikes into Undead Healing, and since you heal as Undead you keep topping yourself off while healing your friends.

Mehangel
2015-06-27, 01:03 PM
I would also recommend the Vitalist, its healing capabilities are great, and ontop of that, they offer alot of utility with their collective class feature.

Molosse
2015-06-28, 07:57 AM
Two Cleric Archetypes come to mind:

Ecclesitheurge: Provides the cloth armored, monk feel you were looking for and provides arguably better spell-casting ability than a normal cleric.

Merciful Healer: All the healing.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-06-28, 11:06 AM
This is Pathfinder. You can literally play the exact same class with about two seconds worth of conversion work. (In the case of the healer, I think all you have to do is remove Concentration from the skill list and call it a day)

PsyBomb
2015-06-28, 12:43 PM
I'm currently playing a Vitalist, and they are freaking supreme. They have the advantage of not just being reactive, but also proactive if you pick your powers and Method right. Also by far the most efficient, since you can redirect excess healing to people who need it. I also like Psionics a ton better than Vancian.

Frosty
2015-06-28, 09:33 PM
This is Pathfinder. You can literally play the exact same class with about two seconds worth of conversion work. (In the case of the healer, I think all you have to do is remove Concentration from the skill list and call it a day)

Yeah but then the class would still suck.

There's also the Merciful Healer cleric archetype to consider.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-06-29, 07:10 AM
Yeah but then the class would still suck.

So I was a big fan of the healer from 3.5 no matter how bad it really was I enjoyed the flavor of the class.
I know. We all know.