PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Homebrew Maneuvers for Spell Less Ranger.

Snig
2015-06-26, 10:17 PM
I decided to try my hand at some custom maneuvers for my Spell-less Archer Ranger. Some of these are very similar to the existing ones. Counter shot for example is basically Riposte for a ranged character.

Ambush When you hit a creature during a surprise round, spend a skirmish die to make the hit a critical hit and then add the damage of the skirmish die to the damage (Skirmish die is not multiplied by crit).

Counter Shot. When a creature misses you with an attack, you can use your reaction and expend one
superiority die to make a ranged weapon attack against
the creature, if the attack that misses you is a melee attack, you can first take a 5ft step as a reaction without provoking an OA. if you hit, you add the superiority die to the attack's damage roll.

Poison Shot. When you hit a creature with a
weapon attack, you can expend one superiority die to
attempt to poison the target. You add the superiority
die to the attack's damage roll (this extra damage is considered poison damage), and the target must
make a Constitution saving throw, On a failed save, it takes 1d4 poison damage and is Poisoned until the end of your next turn.

I'd like to hear what you guys think? Also if anyone has any good ideas for a type of trap setting maneuver, that'd be great! I'm not able to come up with anything. But it would be cool if I could use a maneuver to set some sort of trap.

LibraryOgre
2015-06-27, 08:10 AM
You might want to edit the post to reflect your edition.

Snig
2015-06-27, 03:19 PM
You might want to edit the post to reflect your edition.

done, thank you.

Snig
2015-06-28, 07:33 PM
Bump.

Looking to confirm if these seem balanced before I implement them into my game.

DragonLordIT
2015-06-29, 05:45 AM
I don't really like the poison shot, how can a ranger without magic create a poison from nothing?