PDA

View Full Version : Half-orc/Half-Elf

K2
2007-04-27, 10:26 PM
In a game I was suppose to play recently(it fell through) one of the players wanted to play an Orc/Elf cross bred. While the game never happen the would be DM and I have spent quite a bit of time discussing what the stats of such a being would be.
This is what I came up with:
+2 Str
+2 Dex
-2 Cha
-2 Con
-2 Int
Dark vision
+2 to search, spot, and litsen.

despite it all it does not feel right to me, any suggestions?

paigeoliver
2007-04-27, 10:34 PM
I believe orcs and elves can't actually crossbreed.

But if they did the resulting creature would have no stat adjustments at all, because D20 math rounds down and stat bonuses are always multiples of 2.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-04-27, 10:51 PM
In a game I was suppose to play recently(it fell through) one of the players wanted to play an Orc/Elf cross bred. While the game never happen the would be DM and I have spent quite a bit of time discussing what the stats of such a being would be.
This is what I came up with:
+2 Str
+2 Dex
-2 Cha
-2 Con
-2 Int
Dark vision
+2 to search, spot, and litsen.

despite it all it does not feel right to me, any suggestions?

My first idea would be to bang the offending player in the head with your heaviest hardbound roleplaying book... But since you asked nicely, here would be my suggestion...

+2 DEX
-2 CHA
-2 INT

Darkvision,
Orc Blood, Elf Blood
+2 to search, spot and listen
-2 to diplomacy and bluff ...I mean, c'mon! The mere idea of an elf and an orc together is hideous and your face is a living reminder of that idea... No one will treat you right! Not even the jaded bartenders that serve Tieflings and half dragons in a regular basis!

K2
2007-04-28, 12:11 AM
Well, Miriel, if it makes you meel any better I did hit the offender with the 3.5 Players, though not on the head. As for your comment on how such a creature would come about: I submit to you the same for the half-orc. Why would any human sleep with an orc?

Your idea sounds good, but can a creature have both orc and elven blood effect?

Innis Cabal
2007-04-28, 12:15 AM
becuase they wre drunk? And to the effects....no. Your one or the other. Half Elves count as elves, so i would say these...things...would as well

K2
2007-04-28, 02:31 AM
How drunk and lonely do you have to be to make out with a green skin buck tooth 6'3" 197lb. women who smells like dead fish is what I want to know.

mikeejimbo
2007-04-28, 02:44 AM
Whether or not they can interbreed depends on your setting, doesn't it?

paigeoliver
2007-04-28, 04:06 AM
The usual unspoken assumption is that half-orc children are almost universally the product of rape. If you doubt this then please look through all your published products and look for human/orc couples. I have seen hundreds of half-orcs in published products, but I have never actually seen a human/orc couple in any anything.

The secondary source would be crossbreeding among mixed slave populations.

How drunk and lonely do you have to be to make out with a green skin buck tooth 6'3" 197lb. women who smells like dead fish is what I want to know.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-28, 08:12 AM

Who says orcs are bucktoothed and smell like dead fish? :smallconfused: I have no objections to the rest of that...

Oh, and
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k177/LordIames/Motivators/Other%20Motivators/orcchick.jpg

thevorpalbunny
2007-04-28, 11:08 AM
The usual unspoken assumption is that half-orc children are almost universally the product of rape. If you doubt this then please look through all your published products and look for human/orc couples. I have seen hundreds of half-orcs in published products, but I have never actually seen a human/orc couple in any anything.

There is also feral humans crossbreeding with half-orcs. equally ugly, just less green. And a wild elf and orc crossbreed sounds unlikely but plausible in the same circumstances.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-04-28, 11:14 AM

*Makes note to have at least one human/orc couple in his setting*

Amphimir Míriel
2007-04-28, 12:13 PM

I know some people wouldnt mind being this gals' boytoy:

http://ewancient.lysator.liu.se/pic/art/j/a/jacobw/femalehalforc.jpg

But yeah, most Half-orc backgrounds mention rape in the middle of a raid... either human soldiers raping orc women while the village burns or viceversa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_rape#Rape_as_means_of_warfare

Matthew
2007-05-12, 05:11 PM
Why would a Half Orc/Elf get a Dexterity Bonus and Constitution Penalty? Have to more or less agree with paigeoliver, Half Orc Attribute Modifiers would still apply, plus some other assorted benefits.

ObsidianRose
2007-05-13, 02:00 PM
Saw this one on the WoTC forums a while back and liked it.

http://boards1.wizards.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-307856