PDA

View Full Version : Roy Evil? *Spoiler*

Agalyon
2007-04-27, 10:45 PM
I was just thinking maybe during the battle maybe Xykon :xykon: will raise Roy :roy: as an undead and make him a new villan for the Order to face, just a suggestion.

bluish_wolf
2007-04-27, 11:32 PM
That wouldn't make Roy evil, would it? It would just mean that his body is magically controlled and attacking people.

Setra
2007-04-27, 11:33 PM
I believe there was another thread asking about an undead Roy.

On another note I lost count of the Threads involving Roy's death.

Jawajoey
2007-04-28, 12:22 AM
Of course. After all, zombies have proven to be such dynamic, interesting, and challenging opponents in the past, so why not?

Innis Cabal
2007-04-28, 12:24 AM
ya know...this kills bandwith something fierce...and murder is wrong people....wrong...

Gitman00
2007-04-28, 12:32 AM
Oooh, evil thought. Zz'dtri escapes from Messrs. Jones and Rodriguez, and enlists his cleric friend, who brings Roy back as a Zin-Carla. Any takers?

NeonRonin
2007-04-28, 12:40 AM
What, pray tell, is a Zin-Carla? I'm not quite familiar with that sort of undead.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-28, 12:41 AM
unhappy and nothing you want to mess with

Zone
2007-04-28, 12:43 AM
What, pray tell, is a Zin-Carla? I'm not quite familiar with that sort of undead.

If I'm not wrong, it is a undead warrior, that keeps all it's abilities. I've never seen any in rule books, but there was one in R.A. Salavatore's Drizzt-book (I think it was called "Underdark" or something).

kpenguin
2007-04-28, 12:49 PM
The book was Exile, I believe. It was the second book in the Dark Elf Trilogy.

Anyway, a Roy zombie wouldn't be worth the panels. Remember, zombies lose all their feats, class abilities, class hit dice, nearly everything. ELAN could probably take down a Roy-zombie

DarkCrystalShard
2007-04-28, 02:50 PM
Zin-Carlas can be found in Faiths and Pantheons page 184. I don't know if they are found anywhere else.

Geilan
2007-04-28, 03:26 PM
It's the "Greatest gift the Spider Queen can bestow" in R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy where Drizz't's father is killed and ressurected by Matron Malice to track down and kill Drizz't. If the body is whole, part of the soul is returned to the body, so it keeps all of its former skill, but not enough so that memories return. The body is linked to the invoker's mind so that they may see through the Zin-carla's eyes and give it commands dynamically, but this causes a huge strain on the person.

Gitman00
2007-04-30, 08:40 AM
Zin-Carlas can be found in Faiths and Pantheons page 184. I don't know if they are found anywhere else.
It's the "Greatest gift the Spider Queen can bestow" in R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy where Drizz't's father is killed and ressurected by Matron Malice to track down and kill Drizz't. If the body is whole, part of the soul is returned to the body, so it keeps all of its former skill, but not enough so that memories return. The body is linked to the invoker's mind so that they may see through the Zin-carla's eyes and give it commands dynamically, but this causes a huge strain on the person.

Indeed. The word is supposed to be Drow for "Spirit Wraith". A really nasty undead, because it keeps all its skills and class levels, but gets the undead template added, meaning it never tires and gets d12 hit dice, among other things, and it's controlled by the caster. The Faiths and Pantheons book that DarkCrystalShard mentioned is a Forgotten Realms book that has a prestige class designed for drow clerics of Lolth. Zin-carla is (I think) an ability you get at level 9 in the prestige class. It would be bad news for the OotS if Roy came back as one of those.

I don't really think it'll happen, but hey, what's a random speculation thread for?

ZeroNumerous
2007-04-30, 08:50 AM
Honestly, that would be a pretty non-evil way for Ray to come back.. Seriously. He's controlled, therefore any of his actions aren't his fault. Now, coming back as a Dread Wraith and spending his first four comics making an army of wraith spawn out of innocent bystanders.. Theres a real villian. :smalltongue:

jindra34
2007-04-30, 09:43 AM
Honestly, that would be a pretty non-evil way for Ray to come back.. Seriously. He's controlled, therefore any of his actions aren't his fault. Now, coming back as a Dread Wraith and spending his first four comics making an army of wraith spawn out of innocent bystanders.. Theres a real villian. :smalltongue:

except the only bystanders would be invading hobs... not innocent at the least...

RobbyPants
2007-04-30, 09:55 AM
I was just thinking maybe during the battle maybe Xykon :xykon: will raise Roy :roy: as an undead and make him a new villan for the Order to face, just a suggestion.
That would be funny...

EvilElitest
2007-04-30, 11:12 AM
Roy evil, means that Xykon would have two straight men, not good
from,
EE

cheese534
2007-04-30, 06:11 PM
xykon would'nt take the time to do that... besides, he just got a new assistant.