PDA

View Full Version : Wait wait wait [Spoiler]

The Extinguisher
2007-04-27, 11:01 PM
What about Thog?

Assuming Roy stays dead for a good portion of time, and the Linear Guild gets out of jail, what happens to Thog?

Nale is very committed to the whole evil opposite thing, and with no Roy, there is no need for an opposite and no need for Thog. But I don't see Nale ditching Thog any time soon, if for the fact that if he did, Thog would probably rip Nale in half.

So, the question here is, what's going to happen to Thog?

Snipers_Promise
2007-04-27, 11:11 PM
Thog will:
1. Cry because of Elan's song.
2. Run away from nale and go to gumdrop mountain.

Jawajoey
2007-04-28, 01:04 AM
A) Nale's not going to give up a deadly, useful meatshield like Thog just to retain evil opposites.
B) Who says they're going to escape? Assuming AC doesn't fall and all the prisoners don't consequently get let out without being executed or something, I don't see any reason at the moment to think they'll be getting out. Furthermore, I think we've seen enough of the Linear guild for a while. They've had two big plots, one of them quite recent and quite big, so what's the rush to bring them back into the fold yet again, before Roy is even rezzed?
C) There's a fair chance that a Roy analog (meatshield fighter type) will be recruited, if Roy doesn't come back by the time the Linear Guild rears their heads again, that Thog can still be the opposite of.

Khoran
2007-04-28, 01:32 AM
Thog is Alive, Roy is dead. That's a pretty big opposite, if you ask me ;P.

Malhavok
2007-04-28, 09:51 AM

so true so true !

Glome
2007-04-28, 10:06 AM
B) Who says they're going to escape? Assuming AC doesn't fall and all the prisoners don't consequently get let out without being executed or something, I don't see any reason at the moment to think they'll be getting out. Furthermore, I think we've seen enough of the Linear guild for a while. They've had two big plots, one of them quite recent and quite big, so what's the rush to bring them back into the fold yet again, before Roy is even rezzed?

They'll be let out (if they haven't been already) because they aren't officially registered as prisoners. Being as this is a lawful good society and they are not trying to run Guatanomo Bay, they will release the LG because they have nothing to hold them on right now and nobody even knows why they are there in the first place.

Still, it will be quite a while before Nale can come up a suitably epic plan to finally kill his brother once and for all. After the last failure, his solution is to come up with an even more overly complex plan, which means we won't hear from him for quite some time. So in other words, the current composition of the Order of the Stick is irrelevent as far as Thog is concerned, and likely the LG is unaware of Roy's death anyway.

Threeshades
2007-04-28, 11:31 AM

it all makes sense more and more.

Elan is free and effective/Nale is in prison and uneffective
Haley cant change her shape or fly/Sabine can change her shape and fly
Roy is dead/Thog is alive
Durkon is still in the OOTS/Higlya left the LG
Belkar is alive/Yikyik is dead
Vaarsuvius is not violating any copyrights/Zzt'dri did

Albion
2007-04-29, 01:00 PM
Thog is now finally free and can start his own career as a bounty hunter leprechaun.

NeonRonin
2007-04-29, 01:13 PM
Thog the Bounty Hunter... tonight on A&E :smalltongue:

Woof
2007-04-29, 01:36 PM
Thog is now finally free and can start his own career as a bounty hunter leprechaun.

Bounty bar hunter maybe.

happyturtle
2007-04-29, 02:58 PM
Thog can be the opposite of V. Can't cast spells, doesn't have purple hair, strong instead of smart. :thog: :vaarsuvius:

Bogardan_Mage
2007-04-30, 05:55 AM
But I don't see Nale ditching Thog any time soon, if for the fact that if he did, Thog would probably rip Nale in half.
To play devil's advocate for a moment, a multiclass Fighter/Rogue/Sorcerer does not engage a Barbarian/Fighter in melee combat if he wants to kill it. Nale could easily kill Thog in any number of ways that would not let Thog even have a chance to rip Nale in half. For instance, he might just say "That army of epic level paladins took all the ice cream" and pow, problem solved and he gets to watch a bunch of paladins beat the crap out of a half-orc.

I don't think this situation is likely to come up. We just had a story arc with the Linear Guild, so even if they do break out we probably won't hear from them again for a while. And seeking out new members again would get old real fast. Not to mention that the Oots would likely be a much weaker team if their best melee fighter was Belkar. They'd probably get a new warrior, and then wouldn't Nale look stupid for killing Thog?

blackout
2007-04-30, 06:03 AM
...Thog the Bounty Hunter? Oh, gods, don't even joke about that.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-04-30, 06:11 AM
Thog the Bounty Hunter... tonight on A&E :smalltongue:

*Sings in a gutteral voice* "I am the thog.."

Tor the Fallen
2007-04-30, 06:15 AM
Ooh, ooh, pick me! me! over here!

Thog will replace Roy.

cheese534
2007-04-30, 06:28 AM
still,Nale would never ditch Thog.