PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Crafting a Tank for an Epic Campaign

robosuit
2015-06-27, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone,

I may be playing an epic campaign soon and I wanted to put together a quick tank for the group (we should have one other melee dps guy, but most of the group are casters)

I was thinking I would just start with Crusader 20 because ToB characters are inherently viable and I like the mix of self heals, nasty strikes and handy skills like White Raven Tactics, etc.

I figure I would be using a reach weapon like the guisarme or halberd (Spiked Chain is optimal i know but i don't like the aesthetic). I also imagine since i'm the tank I should go the lockdown route. I would probably use Robilars Gambit to get extra strikes in.

So my question is, what 10 level PRC could I use to make this character ready for Epic? I don't want to cast really, but if you have any specifically amazing builds including casters, i'm all ears. Also, the Crusader levels can be negotiated/rearranged for convenience sake.

(PS. I've already examined the Little Red Raiding Hood, which, while interesting, is just too complicated for my interests.)

Renen
2015-06-27, 11:45 AM
Mix crusader cleric and Ruby Knight maybe?
Buncha defence buffs, ability to wear plate, etc.

razorback
2015-06-27, 12:04 PM
Mix crusader cleric and Ruby Knight maybe?
Buncha defence buffs, ability to wear plate, etc.

If you don't mind a partial caster, this is a great idea.
See here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?198523-ToB-Ruby-Knight-Windicator) and here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4330) for some advice.

jiriku
2015-06-27, 12:12 PM
Crusader/cleric/ruby knight vindicator is specifically amazing.
Crusader 10/eternal blade 10 is simple and effective.

If you are going to have an initiating prestige class and you are going to take Robilar's Gambit, I think it would be well worth your while to dip a level of warblade late in the build in order to (a) qualify for Stormguard Warrior and (b) pick up Iron Heart Surge.