PDA

View Full Version : Great Skeleton Materials (Pathfinder/3.5_

g3taso
2015-06-27, 02:13 PM
I've been looking for a good skeleton for my mage's dogsbody, and I ran across the Xill. Here's what I came up with:
• Mr Skelly (Bloody Skeleton, Advanced Creature templates, elite array and Awaken Undead spell), Male Xill Undead9. CR8 Size: M Face: 5 ft. x 5 ft. Type Undead ( Evil, Extraplanar, Mindless ); HD (9d8)+18; hp 77; Init +14 (+10 Dex, +4 Misc); Spd Walk 40 ft.; AC 29 (touch 20, flatfooted 19), *Shortsword +18/+13 0 ft./P (1d6+8 19-20/x2 Primary M ) or *Claw +18/+18/+18/+18 0 ft./PS (1d4+8 20/x2 Primary M ) or *Bite +17 0 ft./BP (1d3+8 20/x2 Off-hand M ); SA: Aligned (Evil), Channel Resistance +4(Ex), Darkvision (Ex), Deathless (Su), Fast Healing (Ex), Grab (Ex), Immunity to Ability Drain (Ex), Immunity to Cold (Ex), Immunity to Death Effects (Ex), Immunity to Death from Massive Damage (Ex), Immunity to Disease (Ex), Immunity to Energy Drain (Ex), Immunity to Exhaustion (Ex), Immunity to Fatigue (Ex), Immunity to Mind-Affecting Effects (Ex), Immunity to Nonlethal Damage (Ex), Immunity to Paralysis (Ex), Immunity to Poison (Ex), Immunity to Sleep (Ex), Immunity to Stunning (Ex), Implant (Ex), Multiweapon Mastery (Ex), Paralysis (Ex), Planewalk (Su), Damage Reduction 5/Bludgeoning, Spell Resistance 17, ; Vision: Darkvision (60 ft.) AL: NE; Sv: Fort +8, Ref +16, Will +6; STR 27, DEX 30, CON *, INT 8, WIS 13, CHA 14. Skills and Feats: Acrobatics +14, Climb +9, Disable Device +11, Knowledge (Arcana) +11, Sleight of Hand +11, Stealth +14; Combat Reflexes, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Weapon Focus (Claw, Sword (Short)). Planewalk (Ex): A xill can shift from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane as a move action. Shifting from the Material Plane to the Ethereal Plane takes 2 consecutive full-round actions, during which time the xill is immobile. As a xill fades away, it becomes harder to hit: opponents have a 20% miss chance in the first round and a 50% miss chance in the second. A xill can take a single willing or helpless creature with it when it switches planes. Command Skeletons (Su):

He's great! And the fact he can take my character ethereal is awesome. I think I'll send him out to target enemy spellcasters by appearing behind them and attacking with a bestowed (maximized) Shivering Touch.

However, what other skeletons are good for animation? I'm not following the "bigger critter rule" here, because they can't come inside structures or many dungeons either. I was thinking humanoid, monstrous humanoid and humanoid-shaped outsiders. Medium size preferred, although Large ones will be happily checked out! So what other critters. Templates are good also, with a preference for those that can be applied by Animate Dead or Create Undead (since I can't cast the Greater version).