PDA

View Full Version : Gencon Costume Help

Blackhawk748
2015-06-27, 06:48 PM
I plan on cosplaying as a Skitarii Ranger at Gencon this year, but i am having trouble finding a hooded trenchcoat for it. The only one i found that is even close wont ship till July 24th, so thats too late. So does anyone know where i can find a decent hooded trenchcoat?

Things it needs:

Color: Black (im going as a Stygies VIII Ranger)
Accessories: few, a pocket or two is fine but i dont want a million buckles or zippers.
Price: Preferably under 150 bucks (american)

Thanks for the help, and if you have any suggestions for the other parts of the costume (the armor, the bionics etc) im always looking for suggestions.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/91d8476b7ace66469a9f3473ae20c130/tumblr_nmn0pabxQe1sv53cpo2_500.jpg

Madcrafter
2015-06-27, 09:50 PM
That's a robe, not a coat though. I think you'd be better off just making one yourself out of black fabric. It'd be far cheaper, faster, and more customizable (eg. those flared sleeves), and would only require the most basic sewing knowledge.

Blackhawk748
2015-06-27, 10:18 PM
That's a robe, not a coat though. I think you'd be better off just making one yourself out of black fabric. It'd be far cheaper, faster, and more customizable (eg. those flared sleeves), and would only require the most basic sewing knowledge.

You know, your right. Upon closer inspection that is totally a robe. I made this so much harder on myself than i needed it to be lol