PDA

View Full Version : Spheres of Power Kingmaker IC

Saidoro
2015-06-28, 12:03 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/10msj0j.png

The road from New Stetven to the Greenbelt is not a long one, but it is long enough for you to get to know those you travel besides quite well. The three of you, each for reasons of your own, spoke to an administrator of the Dragonscale Throne about aiding in the reclamation of the Stolen Lands. Each of you agreed to the terms provided and was issued a copy of the charter under which you would be operating, and each of you was hurried down to the road out of town alongside two other suspicious looking strangers. You are informed that a fourth member will be joining you en route after some screening, given a pack of supplies and set on your way, the bureaucrat responsible for your interviews clearly wanting to be done with you as soon as is possible.

Tuvarkz
2015-06-28, 05:57 PM
Sigmund looked at the gnome and the female he was supposed to work with, and, out of formality, decided to say: "Greetings. I am Sigmund Gulbrand, a Knight of the Black Thorn. Your names would be?"

Vhaidara
2015-06-28, 06:15 PM
Professor Ranborg Nimblesong, The Master of Reality

The gnome looks up from a book about half the size of his torso.
Ranborg Nimblesong, Professor of theoretical magiphysics.
He bows floridly before returning to his book.

Rokku
2015-06-29, 09:13 AM
The girl seemed... distracted, at best. And clearly uncomfortable, every bump of the wagon carrying the group leading to a wince or a start. But she was pretty, if so fair-skinned as to be almost translucent. And there was an air of something ethereal about her...

"Uh, Lydia," she said, looking more through Sigmund than at him, "of House Lebeda. Pleasure to meet you."

The wagon hit a particularly deep divot in the road and Lydia gripped the seat for dear life, as if she could be thrown from the vehicle at any moment.

Vhaidara
2015-06-30, 11:08 AM
Professor Ranborg Nimblesong, the Master of Reality

Professor Ranborg looks up from his book.
"You, Lebeda girl! What is all that shifting in the air around you? And if possible, can you please make it stop? It is very distracting."
He sounds every inch the irritated professor he is. Aside from the piping voice that comes with being the size of a footstool.

Tuvarkz
2015-06-30, 02:13 PM
Sigmund looks at the two in confusion, unsure to whether he should ask the professor to defer to Lydia with the courtesy fitting of her birth (although he wouldn't ask the same for himself, given his family's current status), or to chastise the woman for disturbing the teacher. He vaguely recalls physics being about the study of the fundamental laws of the world, and after all, it's a most lawful purpose to find order in nature and to impart said knowledge afterwards.

stack
2015-06-30, 07:35 PM
A pleasantly cool breeze picks up from behind the travelers, a deep voice belting a song terribly off-key with en enthusiasm seldom encountered outside a tavern on the more boisterous holidays.

"Down west sinks the Sun: soon you will be groping.
When the night-shadows fall, then the door will open,
Out of the window-panes light will twinkle yellow.
Fear no alder black! Heed no hoary willow!
Fear neither root nor bough! Tom goes on before you.
Hey now! merry dol! We'll be waiting for you!"

A large man atop a weary horse gives a wave, then trots closer. Sunshine and cool breeze follow him. His voice booms out as he nears, "Hello there! Haha! Jon Donner's the name and I think you are my party! Unlikely to be on this road else, eh? Hello hello! Apple anyone?" He produces a deep red apple from one of the many pockets of his faded blue coat. Wide brim hat shades his face, while a bushy beard jutting out does the same for his torso. He wears a friendly smile on a warm is common face. "Early in the season, I know, but I can't bear a long ride without a few apples. So, who are we all then, afraid I missed introductions?!"

Rokku
2015-06-30, 07:48 PM
Lydia's startled by the gnome's pointed request, and several wisp-like creatures appear floating around her.

"You can see them? I asked them to hide, I'm sorry they disturbed you. They're my friends."

Then Jon comes trotting up. She takes the offered apple.

"Thank you. I'm Lydia, second daughter of House Lebeda."

Vhaidara
2015-06-30, 08:33 PM

The Professor's book snaps shut as the woman replies.
Fascinating. Friends, you say? What are they? When did they begin to manifest? Are they simply these formless wisps, or do they have proper substance?
He looks over as Donner approaches.
Not a bad tune, but you seem to be missing your rhyme scheme. I can see it in places, but on the whole, it was poorly constructed to that end.

stack
2015-06-30, 09:42 PM
"A high-borne lady? Well, here I am without my good coat...I guess it is my good coat since I don't have another, ha! Pleased to meet you Lady Lydia." he gives an exaggerated bow, almost falling from his horse.

"Rhythm? Ha, the birds of the sky don't study their notes and neither do I. I sing to feel the warm sun and the cool breeze, for the taste of an apple and the scent of a flower. Way it ought to be, I figure, no fuss about notes and meter or whatnot."

Tuvarkz
2015-07-01, 01:16 AM
"Sigmund Gulbrand, Knight of the Black Thorn, and I must agree with the professor. A good song should have proper rhythm and structure. Birds may be able to do it instinctively, but they don't use words in their songs."

Rokku
2015-07-01, 01:22 AM
"O-oh," begins Lydia, clearly surprised at anyone showing an interest. She points at one of the wisps.

"Well that's Thomas, who drowned. He's kind of shy, I think he likes Martha," she indicates another wisp, "but Martha's still pining for her soldier who died at war. Her broken heart killed her, she says. To her left is Bartholomew, who thinks that's all silly, and was kicked in the head by a mule. Leona swears she was poisoned by her spiteful mother-in-law. And the little one there is William, who doesn't believe he's even here and says this is all just a hallucination as he experiences brain death."

Vhaidara
2015-07-01, 05:50 AM

Well, clearly the newcomer was a hippie and the knight was a fanatic. The Lebeda girl, however, she seemed interesting.
Spirits of the dead then? Interesting. I never had much time to do any research at the College of Applied Necromancy. What of my other questions? When did they begin to manifest, and o they have a more substantial form?

Rokku
2015-07-01, 09:01 AM
"Oh they've been here as long as I can remember. Sometimes they leave, I guess when they're ready for the afterlife. But new people always come sooner or later. And no, they don't get any more substantial than this."

stack
2015-07-01, 07:21 PM
Jon gives Lydia a smile. "Hoho, there are indeed many spirits in this world. The spirits of nature hear my songs and words, heeding my call. Just have to know how to ask. They don't seem to mind my singing either." He gives glance at the darksome knight before singing out,

"Hey now, ho now,
the high sun is shining,
Blow now, go now,
Don't wait for coolness pining!"

The air swirls in a circle, just apart from the wagon and riders, temperature dropping ten degrees in a moment. "They like my voice just fine." He smiles as the weather suddenly dissipates.

Saidoro
2015-07-02, 12:09 AM
After a few day's travel, you come across a small, wooden-walled fort. Those of you who know anything about navigation recognize that you have reached your destination.
http://i58.tinypic.com/mc7t3p.png
The doors are left open, and as you draw close you can smell burning logs and hints of meaty soup when the wind turns towards you.
Should you enter, you see a middle-aged woman checking a large pot suspended over the fire pit and can hear the sounds of hammering from the roof of one of the buildings(A2). The woman, on hearing you enter looks up and waves amiably at the group.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-02, 05:37 AM
Sigmund leaves the wagon and waves back at the woman, saying: "Greetings, madame. We are the adventurer group under the orders of the Swordlords."

stack
2015-07-02, 06:28 AM
"Hoho, our destination! The traders speak well of Oleg's, though I have not met him myself. The scent is certainly promising." Jon pats his ample belly in anticipation.

Saidoro
2015-07-02, 01:33 PM
"Oleg, they're here! Yes, we were told to expect you. Come, come, the soup is almost ready."
After a few moments, you hear some bustling from the roof, and a wiry middle-aged man climbs down off of it. With his feet on the ground he eyes the lot of you appraisingly.
"So you're the ones who'll be taking care of the bandits?."
"Oleg, be polite."
"I'm not going to kiss their feat for doing their job, Svetlana."
"Still, no reason to be rude."
Oleg grumbles something and approaches the fire.
"Just in time too, might have had to wait another month if you'd been any later."

Vhaidara
2015-07-02, 03:26 PM

Rnaborg looks up from the text that has once again engrossed him.
Why is that? What is a month from now?

Saidoro
2015-07-02, 08:34 PM
"Well, the bandits been coming to take our goods each month, they're due again tomorrow."
"Aye, we've been sending messages back to New Stetven with every trader passing by for weeks now. That is why you're here?."

Tuvarkz
2015-07-03, 01:54 AM
Sigmund says: "Technically, we've been ordered to explore the Greenbelt in an area of sixty miles south and thirty six miles east and west with this as the reference point, as well as dealing with the banditry there. However, the orders didn't specify whether this post was in our area of jurisdiction. Regardless of that, banditry needs to be eliminated. I will help you deal with them."

stack
2015-07-03, 09:47 AM
Aye, we'll run the blighters off. How many usually come? They all come in the walls, or do some stay outside?"

Rokku
2015-07-04, 01:00 AM
"Um," begins Lydia, "I've never fought bandits before but... me and my friends should be able to help!"

Saidoro
2015-07-04, 02:34 AM
Oleg's face reddens as Sigmund speaks and he looks like he's about to start shouting when the man suddenly shifts direction and states his intent to help.
"Hmph. Good. Wouldn't do to lose the only outpost in the area."
"Thank you so much. There were a dozen of them the first time they came."
Svetlana brings her hands together in front of her, seeming to be reaching for a ring which you notice is not actually on her hand. Oleg puts an arm around her shoulders.
"But there were less each time since. Only five last time.."
"Most of them came in, they only left two outside to watch the horses last time. Two came in and loaded up our goods while that man with the big bow shouted at them."

Vhaidara
2015-07-04, 03:43 PM

Ranborg looks around at the layout of the trading post, analyzing it for strategic value.
Hm. So, going on existing patterns, we will have, at most, two men outside, and two men inside, plus the "man with a big bow". With the three of you, that gives them the probable advantage of numbers, and only Ser Gulbrand seems to have any significant amount of combat experience. My personal recommendation, therefore, would be to attempt to construct and ambush scenario, in which we can accomplish several primary goals at once. First, we want to cut the men outside off from their comrades within, while preventing them from fleeing to retrieve additional forces. Second, we will want to close with this archer so as to neutralize his primary advantage.
He examines his companions.
Mr Donner, Ms Lebeda, I suggest that the two of you pose as simple travelers. If those spirits can be convinced to stay hidden, the guise is likely to work well enough. Meanwhile, Ser Gulbrand can conceal himself within that wagon. A signal can be given when the archer is within range of him, and he can reveal himself, springing the trap.
He glances up at the gates.
Mr. Oleg, how quickly can you close those gates? And how much effort is involved in the process? I suspect my position would best be atop the walls, far from harm where I can direct events as they proceed. However, if operating the gates requires any great feat of strength, I fear that I will be unable to complete that task, owing to my notable lack of physique.

Knowledge (Engineering) to analyze the trading post: [roll0]

Tuvarkz
2015-07-04, 05:26 PM
Sigmund nods and, being in a safe location, starts to remove his armor with the intention of cleaning his battle gear with the free time he has.

stack
2015-07-04, 09:08 PM
"Bit of fog could help us stay safe from view when they enter. I could whip up a big enough storm, maybe even get one of them with some lightening too, though I need warning to work it. Anywhere that has plants I can convince them to help out. Tonight I will make sure there are enough plants on either side of the gate to grasp any bandits. Trees work too. Anywhere you fancy a nice apple tree right around the gate? Anyhow, anything I do will require my full attention, so bluffing and posing is likely out before it starts if I have to call up a storm."

Saidoro
2015-07-06, 01:04 AM
"Well, we've mostly just been sticking a shoulder to the gates when we need to move them. So the walls may not work out."

You recognize the design of the doors. There really should be a counterweight system hooked up to them to make them easy enough to open or close that you could route the work through a lever, and the mounts needed for that do seem to still be intact. With someone to do the manual labor you should be able to fix that fairly easily.

Saidoro
2015-07-07, 01:55 AM
You spend the rest of the day making preparations, Ranborg fixing up the gates, Donner growing enough minor plantlife around the edges of the yard to make his abilities useful and Sigmund tending to his armor. You are invited to stay in the guesthouse(A2), and fed well, courtesy of the house. Oleg has some supplies on hand. he has some basic weapons that he's willing to loan out, crossbows and javelins and the like, if anyone requests one, among less militant goods.
You can see riders approaching out of the nearby woods about an hour after dawn. Four men on six horses approach the outpost, dismounting just outside of its gates. All four wear leather armor and carry bows and swords, though one of them carries a bow which is of noticeably higher quality than the others, being finely recurved and made of good looking wood. The bandit with the fine bow leads the way inside, and two of the other men lead the pack horses inside while the fourth watches the other horses outside of the gates.
http://i58.tinypic.com/k2lmyv.jpg
"Oleg, have a good month? Lots of furs?"
Oleg merely glares at the leader of the bandits and unlocks the storage pens(A4) before standing off to the side. The two bandits leading horses begin loading everything from the pens onto their beasts of burden while the lead bandit keeps talking.
"Now, don't be that way, Oleg. I just wanted to chat."
"I have nothing to say to you."
"Well, maybe we'll have something to say about that before we leave, hey?"

stack
2015-07-07, 11:11 AM
When the bandits are first sighted in the distance, Jon begins a low chant, less words and more bass rumblings. As he does, sparks crackle around him and the scent of ozone permeates the air, the wind picks up and dark clouds form overhead, rain pelting down and leaves ripped from trees, small branches snapping and loose shingles flapping. Visibility is quickly limited and the ground grows sodden.
8 rounds to bring wind and rain to severity level 4 inside medium range, ranged attacks and perception checks are at -4, small creatures are checked and tiny are blown away, wind directed in the faces of the incoming bandits, holding the lightning bolt for the moment. Keeping concentration as a move action each round.

Can someone with Charisma initiate a parlay, give them a chance to surrender? I doubt they will, but it seems rude to just zap someone with lightening without warning.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-07, 11:35 AM
Sigmund is awating inside the wagon, waiting for the signal to be given, hammer in hands.
Not really, they are bandits and it's not their first crime, therefore by contract they are to be put to the sword. My character is for all that matters oathsworn to kill them, at risk of losing his Black Seraph maneuvers until either a week of self flagellation and fasting or sacrificing an intelligent being to Hell.

Rokku
2015-07-07, 06:02 PM
Lydia steps out, letting the wind tear back her cloak and send her bone-white hair flying.

"You should all put down your weapons," she says, straining to be heard over the storm. One by one, her 'friends' blink into existence around her, adding a ghostly glow to the proceedings.

"If you surrender, you can come inside to wait out the storm."

Intimiplomacy: [roll0]

Vhaidara
2015-07-07, 07:59 PM

Ranborg, peeking over the edge of the wall, grins at the theatrics of his companions. It was just like when the freshman class put on a that one musical, what was it called? the one with the princess who was turned into a beast until she could kill the prince?

Tuvarkz
2015-07-08, 12:23 AM
Sigmund heard a voice from barely outside the wagon, talking to Oleg with a tone of friendliness. The bandit chief? How dare he talk to the person he was robbing from as if they were friends. Fiendish energy filled his muscles with strength as he jumped to action, moving to [M;14], and upon noticing the talking figure's bow, Lydia was overhead telling the enemies to surrender.
Perfect, distraction. He then prepared to deliver a brutal blow, roaring "SURRENDER OR DIE!" as he swung his lucerne hammer towards the bandit boss.

Activating Strength of Hell boost, for +2 to attack rolls and +1d6 to damage until the next turn at the cost of a -2 penalty to AC, and Ravaging Blow, which deals 1d6 profane damage (+50% if good) and DC 15 to shaken the enemy.
Attack roll
[roll0]
Damage rolls
[roll1]
[roll2]
Intimidate from Black Seraph's Glare (if hit)
[roll3]

Saidoro
2015-07-08, 01:20 AM
The bandits within the fort react with surprise to Lydia speaking up. None of them seemed to have taken particular notice of the traveler's before. The two bandits loading the horses are both visibly unnerved by the display, taking a few steps back and putting hands to their swords, though not drawing them. The leader is less impressed, drawing his bow and knocking an arrow.
"Alternately, we could kill the both of you pests as a favor to our good friend Oleg. What makes you think we'll just surrender to some-"
The bandit's words are abruptly cut off by a hammer smashing into his chest. The bandit's torso collapses around the weapon and he is thrown several feet across the yard. The two other bandits in the yard gape at the bloodshed in front of them while the bandit outside of the fort steps towards the closest horse(L21) and fumbles for its saddle and reins while seemingly unable to take his eyes off the spectacle.

Any other surprise round actions should be taken now. The two bandits in the fort do not seems to be taking any sort of hostile action, the one outside is reaching for a horse.

Vhaidara
2015-07-08, 05:42 AM
Professor Ranborg Nimblesong, Master of Reality

Ranborg is dismayed as the knight attacks while the outer bandits are still free to escape.He pulls out a piece of his chalk and begins furiously scribbling notes in the air, not even paying attention to the battlefield
Nonononono! You struck far too early! You didn't do anything to prevent the others from fleeing! Now if only you could ignore the quantum parallax effect, then you could reposition and catch those bandits off guard!
And suddenly, Sigmund finds himself just outside of the gate, in position to strike at the fleeing bandit.

Ranged Warp, spending a spell point to port him to K21

stack
2015-07-08, 07:21 AM
A bolt of lightening flashes down, crashing into one of the nearby bandits. The storm begins to slack slightly. Once in clear view of the gate, he calls to the land,

"Hey now, Ho now,
Feel the Rain,
Grow now"

The grass around the entrance reaches up to grasp the feet of the bandits outside.free to drop the lightning bolt on K9, [roll0] damage, reflex save half DC 14

ceasing concentration on weather, severity drops 1 level per round

entangle on the bandits nearest him DC 14, 5' radius, (not sure he can get them with only close range = 25')

Reflex save or gain the entangled condition and become
unable to move. Creatures that make their save can move as
normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at
the end of each turn you maintain the effect. Creatures that
move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail end
their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled
creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a
Strength or Escape Artist check against a DC equal to the effect’s
Reflex save DC. This area is also considered difficult terrain
for the duration of the effect. If

Saidoro
2015-07-09, 01:46 AM
The bolt of lightning momentarily fills the yard with blinding light and the nearby bandit standing in the storage pens throws himself to the ground and covers his ears in shock and panic.

The bandit outside of the gates is positively terrified at seeing a hammer wielding soldier appear immediately in front of him and abandons any fumblings towards his horse to hold his arms protectively in front of him.
"Wait, no, surrender, I surrender."

That's combat ended in the surprise round, good job.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-09, 03:05 AM
"Very well. Keep your arms up, and walk in front of me towards the center of the trading post. Don't try anything funny." While not pointing it at him, Sigmund keeps his hammer in his hands, ready to be swung at a moment's notice.

stack
2015-07-09, 07:51 AM
The storm is now merely a breezy drizzle, followed a moment later by the return of the sun. Jon moves toward the cowering bandit, keeping his shield in hand. "Alright then, any weapons left on you toss down. We'll get you dried off in a moment." He looks to Lydia, "Care to see if the other two are still breathing?"

Vhaidara
2015-07-09, 10:59 AM

Ranborg looks down from the wall.
"How the blazes did you get out there, Ser Knight?"

Tuvarkz
2015-07-09, 11:39 AM
"Absolutely no idea, thought it was one of you spellcasters."

stack
2015-07-09, 11:49 AM
"If you weren't blown there, it certainly wasn't me." [roll0]

Rokku
2015-07-09, 01:30 PM
"Alright everyone," says Lydia, shaking rain off her cloak, "I'm glad we could come to a ... mostly peaceful solution. Lets keep things that way, okay?"

Lydia smiles at the prisoners, as her "friends" start to wander away from her, clustering around the dead bandit leader.

"Oh leave him alone you sillies," she says, shooing them away from the corpse, "he'll join the group when he's good and ready."

Saidoro
2015-07-10, 02:07 AM
The bandit outside the gates walks as Sigmund directs, moving slowly with his arms held up and nervously trying to glance at the armored man behind him without moving his head.

The bandit in the pen removes his sword and bow, dropping them to the ground an staggers to his feet away from them.

stack
2015-07-10, 11:54 AM
Jon keeps an eye on the captives. "Oleg, you recognize them?"

Vhaidara
2015-07-10, 03:32 PM
Professor Ranborg Nimblesong, Master of the Universe

Ranborg makes his way down from the wall.
I have no particular skill in magic. I just study the theories! Clearly you have some kind of hidden talent, since you were able to move once I explained the theory to you!

Notice my lack of a Bluff check. This is not a bluff. This is him being really, really unobservant.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-10, 03:56 PM
"Truly, have I awakened such a wondrous power?" Sigmund for a moment looks at himself in awe.

And now Sigmund truly believes he can do it. Let's run with it, I'm taking Additional Traits at 3 into Veiled Moon exchanging Solar Wind away, and grabbing Fading Strike.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/veiled-moon-maneuvers

Saidoro
2015-07-12, 02:00 AM
Oleg stares at the men for a few moments.
"Aye, they were both here the first time, and I think that one was also here the second."

Tuvarkz
2015-07-12, 02:50 AM
Sigmund, no longer awed, nods at Oleg's explanation, and asks: "Oleg, how would you prefer to deal with them? This is your trading post after all."

stack
2015-07-12, 12:17 PM
"The aggrieved ought have some say yes, but I am also eager to know from whence they came. You said that a larger group came at first, so that implies that others way yet be about."

Saidoro
2015-07-13, 01:27 AM
Oleg scowls at the men.
"I suppose I could put up a gallows. Put them up somewhere other bandits might see."
The bandit from outside the gates speaks up.
"Wait, wait, there's no need for that. If you're looking for the others I can show you where they are. And I can't do that if you hang me. "

stack
2015-07-13, 11:04 AM
"Now, there is a cooperative attitude. Let's separate him from his friend over there, make sure their answers line up properly." Jon indicates opposite ends of the compound. Once separated, he will speak with the cooperative man. "So, how about you start telling us everything you know about your gang and their activities in the Greenbelt."

Saidoro
2015-07-14, 01:42 AM
The bandit begins nervously reciting whatever he thinks may prevent him from being hanged.
"Okay, they didn't tell me too much, but I'm perfectly happy to tell you what they did. We've been operating out of a camp in the woods, I can take you to it if you want. Kressle's been saying we need to collect our due from the merchants around here, so we've been coming to Oleg's and taking tolls from traders and merchants traveling through the woods. I think there are a few other smaller groups around doing the same sorts of things, we've run into them in the woods a few times. Oh, and there's the Stag Lord! Never met him, but Kressle was always careful about sending some of our takings South and the stories I've heard are awful. He gives out those silvers that Kressle and Happs have."
The bandit brings his hand up to grab the air in front of his neck at 'silvers' and glances at the downed bandit at 'Happs'.
"If the other bandits had 'em too we left them alone and if we didn't Kressle would tell us to kill them."
The bandit trails off, trying to judge if what he's said will keep him alive.

stack
2015-07-14, 10:59 AM
"Most helpful. Now, I will have to speak to my compatriots, but I am confident that you will live if you can show us this camp." Jon relays the information to the others, out of earshot of the second bandit.making the first bandit secure first, not leaving him free to walk around. Either tying him up or keeping him close, not sure it matters. Anyone else have questions?

Tuvarkz
2015-07-14, 11:44 AM
In the meantime, Sigmund picks up Happs's bow, and after giving it a look, tries to pull the string to see whether the bow is of particularly good craft.

Saidoro
2015-07-14, 06:31 PM
THe bow is clearly fairly well made.
All four bandits wear leather armor. The leader had a masterwork composite(+2) longbow, a short sword and a silver amulet depicting a stag's head. The others each carried a longbow and a short sword.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-15, 02:59 AM
Noticing the quality of the bow, Sigmund approaches Oleg and asks, showing him the bow: "Have any high quality weapons you'd be willing to trade for this bow? It is of great craft, but I prefer to fight on the front lines, and I'm not entirely sure my fellows have the physical strength to use it properly."

Rokku
2015-07-15, 11:54 AM
Lydia hovers about, periodically shooing her 'friends' as they drift back towards the body.

"Is there anything I can do to help? This is my first bandit encounter."

stack
2015-07-15, 02:38 PM
"See if the other one knows anything useful. This one is willing to lead us to his immediate superior, though he claims to know little of the one given the orders to her."

Vhaidara
2015-07-15, 03:55 PM

During the interrogation, Ranborg has been scribbling notes into one of his books. He looks up.
Just how many bandits are there? We're hardly equipped to assault a camp of more than half a dozen men in broad daylight!
He turns his attention to Sigmund
Now, tell me exactly what you were thinking when you translocated yourself! Make sure you get every detail, the smallest thing could be vital to the breakthrough!

Saidoro
2015-07-16, 10:12 AM
Oleg seems surprised at how quickly the bandits were dealt with, though he recovers quickly enough. He inspects the bow.
"I don't have anything on hand, but I could put in an order if you would like. Someone passes through heading to a city every few days.."

The bandit considers Ranborg's question a few moments.
"There's nine others at the came who didn't come, but some of them are out scouting or doing other things away from camp most days."

Tuvarkz
2015-07-16, 10:28 AM
"That sounds like a deal. I'd rather have a lucerne hammer, but a greataxe, halberd, or glaive-guisarme wouldn't be bad, either." Sigmund then turns to the gnome, and says, apologetic: "I'm sorry, Professor, but at that point I was only feeling the residual effects of the energy I channeled for my combat techniques. In the future, I'll try and attempt to replicate the effect while I train."

stack
2015-07-16, 10:52 AM
Jon gives the gnome a confused glance. It had been hard to tell in the storm, but he suspected the warrior was not the source.

"Shall we depart today to seek the camp?"

Rokku
2015-07-16, 08:16 PM
"Unless we're needed here, I don't see why not. We've got momentum, haven't we?"

Vhaidara
2015-07-16, 08:47 PM

Ranborg looks over at Jon.
Alright fine. I suppose my tactical acumen will be in order to keep you all from getting killed in this assault.

stack
2015-07-17, 11:18 AM
"Let us proceed then. We ought have enough horses for all of us, though I will have to insist the prisoners are bound to prevent them from returning to past loyalties."

Tuvarkz
2015-07-18, 06:09 AM
Sigmund nods to Jon, and proceeds to tie up the bandits after asking Oleg for some rope to do so.

Saidoro
2015-07-19, 12:56 AM
You spend the next several hours riding back along the bandit's trail. The bandit you took with you fills you in about the camp as you travel. The main camp is in a small clearing cut out of the forest(K1) near the Thorn River. They have a couple of watch posts(K2,K3) where there will typically be a bandit stationed. You can expect there to be 4 to 7 bandits in the camp at any given time, Kressle included.
http://i57.tinypic.com/6rokgk.png

You stop about an hour away from the camp to discuss your plan of attack. The sun is still up, though it is well into the afternoon at this point and the skies are clear.
If you want more detailed information about where the bandits are likely to be or how many are there now you'll need to get closer and possibly take some risks.

stack
2015-07-19, 11:06 PM
"I can shroud us in mist, give us the advantage on the approach. Faster to call us then a full storm and will allow us to deal with them piecemeal, rather than all at once."

Vhaidara
2015-07-20, 09:49 AM
Professor Ranborg Nimblesong (https://www.heroforge.com/load_config=263923), The Master of Reality

The Professor looks at Sigmund
Well my boy,you'll be doing most of the fighting. Personally, I feel there is strategic value in bringing them down bit by bit, but you might prefer the idea of lightning raining down on your foes.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-20, 10:39 AM
Sigmund nods at the spellcasters, confidently saying: "I'll leave it up to you three to support me from afar to the best of your judgement while I get into melee with them. I'll try and make sure that none get too close to you as well."

Rokku
2015-07-20, 04:54 PM
"I can weaken them and provide healing as needed," says Lydia, "and my friends can make use of the um... bodies..."

stack
2015-07-21, 01:51 PM
"Should we tie these two up and come back for them, just in case?" Jon queries, ready to call forth a heavy fog once they near the camp, but are still likely out of earshot.

Rokku
2015-07-21, 02:40 PM
"I think so. Unless they want to help us."

stack
2015-07-22, 03:29 PM
"I think so. Unless they want to help us."

"Don't think we can trust them just that far quite yet, not against there companions as of this morning."

Saidoro
2015-07-23, 12:25 AM
"If it's all the same with the lot of you, I'd rather not be obviously involved if Kressle kills you all."

Tuvarkz
2015-07-23, 12:34 AM
Sigmund nods as he ties up the bandits.

stack
2015-07-23, 05:06 AM
Once near enough, though still safe from earshot, Jon calls up a heavy mist to cover their approach.category 3 rain, choosing the fog option,

Fog: The caster may create light rain or fog. If fog is chosen,
it obscures all sight beyond 5 feet, including Darkvision.
Creatures 5 feet away have concealment.

using rain lord to create a 20' radius circle around us that is clear, though it will still have a light mist for a round

Saidoro
2015-07-24, 01:37 AM
As you approach the camp, the thick fog conjured by Jon obscures the landscape.
http://i62.tinypic.com/2hfnzus.jpg

Player Initiatives(For when it comes up):
Sigmund:
Jon:[roll1]
Ranborg:[rpll]1d20+2
Lydia:[roll2]

Enemy Initiative(If your initiative is above this number you act before the enemies do in any order, if it is below this you act after them): DC 11

NPCs(Note: I do obfuscate enemy numbers, the rolls below are for each enemy that could conceivably be there, not for each enemy that actually is there.)
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

stack
2015-07-26, 01:33 PM
Jon waves a hand through the fog, gesturing the party onward. think we move down until we hit a baddie. Crossing the stream altogether will be a high priority, don't want to be too spread out.

Tuvarkz
2015-07-26, 01:46 PM
Sigmund nods, moving to (K;4)

Rokku
2015-07-27, 02:56 AM
Lydia steps carefully, sticking close to Sigmund.

Saidoro
2015-07-29, 01:23 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2wmzwyc.jpg

You advance down the path by the river, the fog making your going slow. As you approach a one of the lookout spots, the fog slowly clears to reveal a man clad in leather who had, until moments before, been squinting intently into the fog, trying to make out something. As the fog clears around him he takes notice and shouts out.
"Here!"

Combat has begun. No surprise round, the bandit didn't detect you prior to your bubble reaching them, but they were clearly expecting something to happen. Those who rolled higher than 11 for initiative may act first in any order.

stack
2015-07-29, 03:04 PM
Jon let's out a sharp whistle, the grass and branches near the bandit reaching out to grasp him. move to concentrate on the weather, standard for nature - plant geomancing - entangle (5' radius centered just beyond him) DC 14

Entangle (concentration, requires grass, weeds, vines, or underbrush):
You cause plants to grow rapidly, wrapping themselves
around everything in a 5 ft + 5 ft per 5 caster levels radius
area centered within range. Creatures within this area must
pass a Reflex save or gain the entangled condition and become
unable to move. Creatures that make their save can move as
normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at
the end of each turn you maintain the effect. Creatures that
move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail end
their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled
creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a
Strength or Escape Artist check against a DC equal to the effect’s
Reflex save DC. This area is also considered difficult terrain
for the duration of the effect. If the area contained plants
with thorns, all creatures suffer 1 point of piercing damage each
round they are within this area.

Rokku
2015-07-29, 05:19 PM
Lydia points at the bandit and one of her friends shoots off towards him and passes through his chest. Then returns to Lydia, dissipating into a soft glow around her.

Using Siphon Health. Deals [roll0], Fortitude 14 for half. Lydia gains an equal amount of temp hp that last 1 hour.

Vhaidara
2015-07-29, 06:29 PM

The esteemed professor whips out his chalk.
Alright lad, let's try it again. All you need to do is bypass the plank time coefficient, which is roughly equal to the distance between you divided by three quarters the mass of your opponent!
As he speaks and begins vigorously drawing his diagrams, Sigmund will find himself suddenly next to the bandit.

Warping Sigmund to I12