PDA

View Full Version : Roy's Return *Possible Spoilers*

Finwe
2007-04-28, 02:45 AM
So, what do you think should happen to Roy?

Aegeus
2007-04-28, 03:28 PM
Reincarnation, so that roy can come back as a kobold. :P

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-04-28, 04:29 PM
Resurrected, but only after Redcloak takes his body. The OotS, commanded by Haley, chase after the Hobgoblin hoard trying to get the body back, and rescuing Haley's dad along the way.

Meanwhile, Roy travels to the outerplanes, finds out more of what his father was really up to. It will turn out that dear old dad actually had junior's best interests at heart, and has done what he could to prepare Roy for Xykon.

Xykon will probably decide that Azure City is just too much work to take since all he really wants is free access to a Gate; and that the next two gates won't be so hard. Afterall, the next two are protected by illusions (Dispel Magic) or much tougher monsters than were in Dorukon's Dungeon. Azure City has a gate, possibly too small to be useful, and with a built in insurgency.

Anyways, that's the best story I could come up with, but it would not be nearly as funny or clever as Rich's.

Durkon Thundershield has already said he can resurrect Roy, and I have no reason to doubt him. Heck, Belkar was counting on Durkon being able to Resurrect him while he was provoking Miko. But to me, Roy's death was pretty dramatic, and things do depend on the game you are playing. Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior and the other Nintendo era games, restore was a somewhat expensive, but easily available, solution for getting in over your head. Other games (Baldur's Gate, etc), have a "Main Character," and when that character dies, it's game over, even if he had a friend who should have taken him back to town for a dust off and pep talk.

Rich has proven to be amazingly creative, and able to run down a totally unexpected path. To me, Roy being dead-dead, with ZERO chance of return would be totally unexpected, but also against the genre. Resurrection is available, and has been since 1st ed. In most adventures, the possibility of taking a slain comrade back to town is completely within acceptable.

I think Roy will be back, but Haley lost her voice for what, 150 strips? Lots of good character development happened from "Mnbrvcnp!" to "I THOUGHT HE WAS YOU! I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU, AND I THOUGHT I WAS KISSING YOU!"

From "SPLAT! thunk!" to "???" Roy can deal with his dad, let Haley and Elan build up some leadership skills, etc...

Roderick_BR
2007-04-28, 05:01 PM
Reincarnate as some 9 Sword's class :smallbiggrin:
Just kidding. I think he'll be back only when they manage to win the battle, or by force of plot.

Copacetic
2007-04-28, 06:06 PM
I think he SHOULD stay dead but I doubt it

cheese534
2007-04-28, 10:00 PM
what should happen to Roy,is stayingdead, but he'll probably be ressurected or reincarnated.

Geilan
2007-04-28, 10:04 PM
I wanna see a divine intervention and Roy being the real "Supreme Being of Law and Good". He comes back as an angel, picks up his sword, and starts killing. This would be a good finale if there is a chase if :redcloak: takes Roy's corpse with them and they go to another gate. Roy's about to be zombified before the party's eyes when he comes back as a flaming angel.