PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Help making a (balanced) meta-knight?

aphoticConniver
2015-06-28, 05:01 PM
So my DM has, after a lot of jokes about it, decided to let me take levels in the theoretical class "Meta-knight". The class, of course, being focused on meta knowledge and other things that directly interact with things such as dice. My character is currently a grapple barbarian, so lockdown/damage. Has anyone made a class like this without it being horrendously broken? I can't think of any class features besides Proficiency: Meta Knowledge, which would give a chance to know what something is offhand, sort of similar to Bardic Knowledge but with more of a focus on not knowing why they know what they do. Any help would be really appreciated.

Submortimer
2015-06-28, 06:22 PM
So, here's the deal: I'll build something like this, but it's probably not gonna be anything like what you want. Personally, I'd build it as a bard or warlock subclass...in fact, I'll do both, and see how you like them.

aphoticConniver
2015-06-28, 06:59 PM
So, here's the deal: I'll build something like this, but it's probably not gonna be anything like what you want. Personally, I'd build it as a bard or warlock subclass...in fact, I'll do both, and see how you like them.

I mean, I think I'll still be grappling either way, so I'm just looking to keep my current role in the party.

Ninja_Prawn
2015-06-28, 07:03 PM

Bardic College of Game Theory & Design
Warlock Patron: the DM

One of the abilities should definitely grant re-rolls on important checks. Kind of like the lucky feat.

Permanent Telepathic Bond for the party would be appropriate as well.

Submortimer
2015-06-28, 09:53 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?424607-Bard-College-The-College-of-Ooc-(The-META-Knights)&p=19465280#post19465280

Ninja_Prawn, I was certainly thinking of that as the 6th level ability for the Warlock. I know have the interesting idea of this group of sages, dedicated to learning the Game, channeling the DM, and preparing to someday be controlled by a Player.

Submortimer
2015-06-28, 10:59 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAND done.

aphoticConniver
2015-06-29, 10:25 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAND done.

Excellent! I'll send these over to my DM right away for approval. I'll probably take the Bard one, but we have a Warlock that would definitely benefit from this as well.

DracoKnight
2015-06-29, 01:12 PM

Could you make a Meta-Knight subclass for the Fighter or Rogue? Playing a more martial Deadpool-esque character would be awesome :D

Also a Meta-Cleric and Paladin would both also be cool :D

Submortimer
2015-06-29, 01:14 PM
Could you make a Meta-Knight subclass for the Fighter or Rogue? Playing a more martial Deadpool-esque character would be awesome :D

Also a Meta-Cleric and Paladin would both also be cool :D

I plan on doing one for each class...too fun of a concept not to.

DracoKnight
2015-06-29, 01:24 PM

Awesome! :D

aphoticConniver
2015-06-29, 07:07 PM

Oh, excellent!