PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Awesome Bad Idea

Zero070810
2015-06-28, 10:45 PM
So I have been in this group for a while and one of our current campaigns has us at Lv 19. So far we have a Dragonfire Adept and a Swordsage optimized for stealth and debuffing. I am going to swap out my Warblade10/ Eternal Blade 9 out for something a little more humorous, a druid with a chicken animal companion. I have never played a druid type before and I know there exists handbooks for these sort of things, but I would like any pointers or ideas you may have on this. So far I just see myself riding into battle on a colossal chicken while I play the theme song of Jurassic Park. So any ideas?

Venger
2015-06-28, 10:59 PM
So I have been in this group for a while and one of our current campaigns has us at Lv 19. So far we have a Dragonfire Adept and a Swordsage optimized for stealth and debuffing. I am going to swap out my Warblade10/ Eternal Blade 9 out for something a little more humorous, a druid with a chicken animal companion. I have never played a druid type before and I know there exists handbooks for these sort of things, but I would like any pointers or ideas you may have on this. So far I just see myself riding into battle on a colossal chicken while I play the theme song of Jurassic Park. So any ideas?

animal growth (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/animalGrowth.htm)

done. go nuts.

if you wanted to ride dinos, you can nab some dinosaur companions, such as the swindlespitter or fleshraker.

Rubik
2015-06-28, 11:00 PM
A level in commoner, the Infested With Chickens flaw, Tomb Tainted Soul, Extra Spell (Greater Consumptive Field), Fell Drain/Animate, and Destruction Retribution? Pull chickens out of your spell component pouch to be turned into exploding undead chickens that make you physically and magically stronger and heal you when they die?

Hen grenades: the other wight meat.

Ellowryn
2015-06-28, 11:03 PM

Can't quite tell if you are trying to channel Jurassic Park or Final Fantasy by riding a giant chicken. If you really want silly broken look for the Supermount threads. It shoots any spellcasting you have in the foot, but then again a stupid buffed chicken that you ride on the back to occasionally make attacks is fun at all levels.

Bad Wolf
2015-06-28, 11:31 PM
Can you even have a chicken as an AC?

atemu1234
2015-06-29, 12:09 AM

Uses the same stats as a raven, IIRC.

Venger
2015-06-29, 12:11 AM

just describe an eagle or a hawk differently and use its stats. not a big deal, just a reskin.

Arbane
2015-06-29, 12:19 AM
Uses the same stats as a raven, IIRC.

Whoever came up with that has never seen a chicken OR a raven, I'm thinking.

Andezzar
2015-06-29, 01:24 AM
Whoever came up with that has never seen a chicken OR a raven, I'm thinking.I don't know if the chicken raven equivalence is official, but it often seems that the D&D developers have never seen whatever they write rules for. You cannot cut with a short sword, yeah right.

Uncle Pine
2015-06-29, 01:40 AM
Be sure to build yourself a helm like this for maximum chicken supremacy:
http://i.imgur.com/v1hkpS5.png

The Chicken God's followers in my campaign are also shirtless, but YMMV.

Venger
2015-06-29, 12:12 PM
Be sure to build yourself a helm like this for maximum chicken supremacy:
http://i.imgur.com/v1hkpS5.png

The Chicken God's followers in my campaign are also shirtless, but YMMV.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/98/02/299802207834656171f4a7a3676a7fb8.jpg
Are they called Calvinists by any chance?

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-06-30, 12:26 AM
Thank you for inspiring me to make a Paladin of Freedom/Cavalier that rides armored war chickens into battle. He shall belong to the order of chicken members helmet emulate chicken heads but metal.

Uncle Pine
2015-06-30, 01:34 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/29/98/02/299802207834656171f4a7a3676a7fb8.jpg
Are they called Calvinists by any chance?
No, they are literally called followers of the Chicken God. They fight against the dread followers of the Cow God. The formers are pretty straightforward martial artists, the latters are masters of deceit. Almost no one knows anything about them though and they are not part of the main storyline in any way, so they're really just a funny easter egg born from the following question: "what if I made a hivenest animated hen-house and filled it with a swarm of chickens?".

Thank you for inspiring me to make a Paladin of Freedom/Cavalier that rides armored war chickens into battle. He shall belong to the order of chicken members helmet emulate chicken heads but metal.

You're welcome.

Rubik
2015-06-30, 07:47 AM
Don't forget the hentai.