PDA

View Full Version : Computer Easy PC platformers?

Togath
2015-06-29, 12:00 AM
Could anyone recommend me easy pc platformers?
It's proving remarkably hard to find them >_<

So far I've enjoyed Trine 1, Mark of the Ninja, and Blade Kitten, but have disliked the Portal series and Trine 2, due to their higher difficulties.

Psyren
2015-06-29, 12:20 AM
Super Meat Boy :smallbiggrin:

Just kidding, it's actually quite challenging - but the iteration time is extremely low, so you won't notice the difficulty as much because you get back in the action instantly and there is no limited "lives" system.

Rayman (Origins and Legends) are similar fun, and are also multiplayer if you have friends around. These two are also much better suited for a youger audience than SMB, which can get a bit bloody.

Cespenar
2015-06-29, 12:29 AM
Rayman Legends was IMHO an especially well designed platformer, even to someone who has never played anything ever Rayman. It's not that hard as well.

Edit: Whoops, ninja'd.

Edit2: If you liked Mark of the Ninja, then maybe try Gunpoint.

Grinner
2015-06-29, 01:09 AM
I haven't played any of the games you've mentioned, so it's a little hard to gauge what you're after. You might enjoy Thomas Was Alone. It focuses more on puzzle-solving and the plot.

There's also NightSky, which is more just weird.

Brother Oni
2015-06-29, 06:38 AM
There are also the various Lego games at the other end of the scale to Super Meat Boy.

thirsting
2015-06-29, 07:25 AM
Thomas Was Alone. Puzzle platformer, can be found from Steam. Simple graphics, not too difficult, and I found the story and characters interesting. Fun little game.

Knaight
2015-06-29, 12:10 PM
If you're not too hung up on completing a game, and are willing to do less than perfectly at the levels, the first half of Dustforce is reasonably easy. It's also actually designed for a keyboard, and controls absolutely beautifully, with plenty of game play to make it worth it even if you leave halfway through.

The harder chunk of levels are staying harder regardless, and that's without even getting into the absolute top difficulty ones that most people never even see.

Corlindale
2015-06-29, 01:46 PM
Thirding Rayman Legends. Most stages are relatively easy - and since you almost always have many different worlds/levels to choose from, you'll never really feel stuck in one particular place.

It also has an incredible amount of gameplay time for a platformer, since all(?) the levels from Origins are also included in Legends.

Knaight
2015-06-29, 02:04 PM
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is another one. It's on the easier side, and it's core schtick is that every area is actually two overlaid, and you can switch between the two at will - which also switches between characters, who have somewhat different behavior.

Swiss Voulge
2015-06-29, 04:34 PM
My favorite is probably The Floor is Jelly. If you're looking for a cheap game, 6180 the moon was fun, if brief, and No Time to Explain is rather funny. If you want co-op, ibb and obb is a good choice. Thomas was Alone, as mentioned earlier by thirsting, is rather charming. Since you're looking for easy platformers, avoid Meat Boy and They Bleed Pixels like the plague.

factotum
2015-06-30, 02:24 AM
Dust: An Elysian Tale, maybe? Heck, *I* managed to complete that game, so it must be easy...it's maybe more of a Metroidvania than a platformer, though.

Triaxx
2015-06-30, 05:50 AM
I second Dust. It's not only enjoyable, but it also has a Casual difficulty setting where you don't have to worry about the challenge, and can just spend your time beating enemies and watching the story.

Maryring
2015-06-30, 07:39 AM
If you like a Sonicish platformer, consider giving Freedom Planet a try. On casual difficulty, you'll pretty much only die to bottomless pits, of which there are few.