PDA

View Full Version : Knight Builds

Teapot Salty
2015-06-29, 08:10 PM
Hey guys. So since I'm pretty much determined to do every single cool historical warrior I can think of, (suggestions?) I'd like to cover some knight builds. And I mean the first image that pops into everyone's head, clad head to toe in steel, either mounted or on foot, trained in a wide variety of weapons-I'm just describing the fighter now aren't I? As always I'd like to avoid the glaringly obvious builds, historical tidbits are always welcome.

Naanomi
2015-06-29, 08:27 PM
Medium armor at minimum is a must, mounted combat helps.

Fighter and Paladin are the cleanest fits, followed by warrior bard (brave sir Robin) and Clerics of various stripes

Warlock could make a decent 'black knight' with minimal multiclassing as well

Sigreid
2015-06-29, 08:27 PM
Hey guys. So since I'm pretty much determined to do every single cool historical warrior I can think of, (suggestions?) I'd like to cover some knight builds. And I mean the first image that pops into everyone's head, clad head to toe in steel, either mounted or on foot, trained in a wide variety of weapons-I'm just describing the fighter now aren't I? As always I'd like to avoid the glaringly obvious builds, historical tidbits are always welcome.

Champion fighter, Defensive and Dueling fighting styles. Mounted Combat and and heavy armor feats. That's a nearly unstoppable tank. Lord of the battle field.

That's what I think of when I think of a knight.

TheOOB
2015-06-30, 01:08 AM
Duelist Fighting Style Champion Fighter using a lance, shield, and plate armor.

Malifice
2015-06-30, 03:43 AM
Duelist Fighting Style Champion Fighter using a lance, shield, and plate armor.

Parry maneuver to simulate the UA Cavalier.

Dimolyth
2015-06-30, 04:21 AM
Spell-less beastmaster halfling ranger "Sir The Short", may be with paladin/fighter dip or feat for heavy armor. Noble or soldier background coupled with favored enemy & terrain makes great fluff historical context knight.

KorvinStarmast
2015-06-30, 07:50 AM
Spell-less beastmaster halfling ranger "Sir The Short", may be with paladin/fighter dip or feat for heavy armor. Noble or soldier background coupled with favored enemy & terrain makes great fluff historical context knight. Mounted on a giant war rabbit? :smallcool:

Ziegander
2015-06-30, 08:39 AM
Barbarians can wear half-plate and use shields, and I imagine many, if not most, knights relied on a battle-rage to see them through most melees. I like the thought of a Barbarian "Knight" with the Martial Adept and Inspiring Leader feats as a powerful melee warrior and leader of men. Folk Hero even gives you Animal Handling and Horsemanship (aka Vehicles Land).

Dimolyth
2015-06-30, 09:17 AM
You know, even a rainbow unicorn could fit, or on the other hand, you are open to Baalzebul`s scapegoat option

But seriously, take a donkey and folk hero background, make your halfling fatty a little, equip him with breastplate, straw hat and some pessimistic and skeptical outlook - and you will get real Sancho Panza, who will mock every move of adventure party.

+ you could take a donkey to dungeon more easy, than your glorious human knight`s Bucephalus warhorse.

2015-06-30, 09:36 AM
you could take a donkey to dungeon more easy, than your glorious human knight`s Bucephalus warhorse.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/62595155.jpg