PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magus with Martial training

the_archduke
2015-06-29, 08:32 PM
If I picked up Martial Training I - III from Path of War to get Battle Dragon's Stance, would that stance remove the penalty on spell combat? Would it also give me the 1d6+ initiation modifier bonus on damage for "fighting with two weapons" while using spell combat?

Dusk Eclipse
2015-06-29, 08:43 PM
Nope, while spell combat works similarly to TWF, it isn't so Battle Dragon Stance does nothing. To be honest if you want to add some PoW to your Magus Scarlet Throne is better for Magus since both are focused on one-handed weapon maneuvers.

elonin
2015-06-29, 08:43 PM
I just did a quick skim using a google search. Since the penalties are the same as 2 weapon fighting I don't see a problem with having the stance reduce those. I'd also allow the extra damage for the weapon only, but check with your DM so YMMV.

TheOneHawk
2015-06-29, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I think that's a DM call. I personally wouldn't allow it because it's not two weapon fighting, and while the penalties are the same, the entire point of Thrashing Dragon is multiple weapons.

rollforeigninit
2015-06-29, 10:46 PM
Or you could ask the Devs for PoW. They have a thread for that kind of thing here I believe.